"2 African-American Coaches in the SB" Count Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wayne1218
    P.S. I don't give a fuck if you are in Japan having this conversation with me right now, it isn't going to affect my one on one conversation with you one bit. Get my point.
    I don't know where the hostility is coming from Wayne. All I asked, if you reread my post, was that demographics and people's experiences influence their beliefs. So I then asked about the demo's of your area. If you are offended by that, I am sorry. But I don't think it was out of line either. Get my point?

Comment

Originally posted by gbell
      I don't know where the hostility is coming from Wayne. All I asked, if you reread my post, was that demographics and people's experiences influence their beliefs. So I then asked about the demo's of your area. If you are offended by that, I am sorry. But I don't think it was out of line either. Get my point?
      Because when i'm having a normal conversation with somebody and the stupid fucken "Where do you live" theory comes in, it's downright idiotic. I think the way i do and have done it in every state i've visited and the same way i would do it where ever i lived.

Some of the biggest racists in this country are not white. How often are they criticized for it?

Comment

Because when i'm having a normal conversation with somebody and the stupid fucken "Where do you live" theory comes in, it's downright idiotic. I think the way i do and have done it in every state i've visited the same way and would do it where ever i lived.

Some of the biggest racists in this country are not white. How often are they criticized for it?
        How is that idiotic? The way you "have done it in every state" isn't influenced by the area you've grown up in? I'm not saying you would be any different when "visiting" other states, I asked if you thought where you grew up influenced the way you do things. You don' think it has anything to do with how your parents raised you either? How did they get their beliefs? It's a huge cycle, both good and bad. So the bigger question would be how to break the bad cycle. And my thought is maybe by NOT mentioning black coaches onces a minute on TV, it just might help. If you feel that where you live and where you are raised doesn't influence how you feel about race, then we will agree to disagree. But throwing stones at my viewpoint isn't nice either.

Comment

How is that idiotic? The way you "have done it in every state" isn't influenced by the area you've grown up in? I'm not saying you would be any different when "visiting" other states, I asked if you thought where you grew up influenced the way you do things. You don' think it has anything to do with how your parents raised you either? How did they get their beliefs? It's a huge cycle, both good and bad. So the bigger question would be how to break the bad cycle. And my thought is maybe by NOT mentioning black coaches onces a minute on TV, it just might help. If you feel that where you live and where you are raised doesn't influence how you feel about race, then we will agree to disagree. But throwing stones at my viewpoint isn't nice either.

JesusH .. Let it go will ya ...

Thanks

Comment

Doesn't it go without saying the obvious that people growing up in different parts of the country have different views than others? Isn't that stating the obvious like "We have 2 black coaches in the SB"?

My point hasn't changed. Knowing the above i just stated, who cares where i'm from? We were both stating beliefs that we have and agreed on many. I wouldn't tell you anything differently because of where you were speaking from, nor would i care to bring it up. Your thoughts and personality won't be judged by me based on your so called "Demographics" and it shouldn't be either.
            Last edited by wayne1218; 01-22-2007, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Doesn't it go without saying the obvious that people growing up in different parts of the country have different views than others? Isn't that stating the obvious like "We have 2 black coaches in the SB"?

My point hasn't changed. Knowing the above i just stated, who cares where i'm from? We were both stating beliefs that we have and agreed on many. I wouldn't tell you anything differently because of where you were speaking from, nor would i care to bring it up. Your thoughts and personality won't be judged by me based on your so called "Demographics" and it shouldn't be either.

This will be my last comment on it to you Wayne. I didn't mean that demo's influence my views on "you" about the subject, or your views of me, just that your view, as well as everyone's, is influenced by demo's, experiences, etc.

Comment

This will be my last comment on it to you Wayne. I didn't mean that demo's influence my views on "you" about the subject, or your views of me, just that your view, as well as everyone's, is influenced by demo's, experiences, etc.
                Yes, but there are people where i live that probably are racists and i'm sure there are people in racist communities that are not racist, therefore, "Demographics" don't mean anything sometimes.

Comment

THIS JUST IN !!!!

one of these coaches will be the first black coach to lose a super bowl !!!

one of them will also be the first black coach to take a shit during super bowl sunday

Comment

It shouldn't matter at all and its not important. They are 2 good coaches with 2 good teams. I get so tired of hearing about this bullshit, who cares if a black coach wins the superbowl or a white coach wins the superbowl. In this country African Americans have as much opportunity or more to succeed in life as everyone else. In fact, they often times get special priveliges to do so, such as affirmitive action. Let me know when there are 2 Native American coaches or 2 Latino coaches in the Super Bowl and then it may be a story worth discussing.

Comment

• Originally posted by rented mule
                      Call me when it's a Puerto Rican Vs Irish coach in the SB. Then my family will be fully represented.

Until then:

Better dead than red.
                      let me know when its irish and seminole and then i care
                      Questions, comments, complaints:
                      [email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by wayne1218

you call me a hick cause im from Kentucky, you are demographicing me
                        [email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by jcindaville
                          Well, Not exactly, i just went with what everyone else here seemed to know about you!

Comment

• jc

Originally posted by jcindaville
                            damn----thats by far the biggest word I ever saw you use....

and it made a point too

Proud of you my man----kapt

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaptain
                              damn----thats by far the biggest word I ever saw you use....

and it made a point too

Proud of you my man----kapt

thanks, i think
                              [email protected]

Comment

• BREAKING NEWS:Michael Vick becomes the first african-american to have marijuana charges dropped.How much do you think that cost him.

Comment

Working...
                                X