No announcement yet.

Why does ESPN allow this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cannot believe a bunch of white people are up in arms about this. I am white myself. If you read this thread, it makes this forum look like garbage.

This thread should be moved from this forum.

I don't condone anything the man said, but take a step back and look at this thread. You are non-blacks arguing a point that will never change.

What if a black member (they'te scarce I'd imagine) was here. This looks like KKK.net.

One clown does not equal an entire race.
    2009 MLB:
    JULY
    23-19 (+21.72x)
    Sides; 8-12; -9.43x
    Totals; 17-9-1; +33.20x

AUGUST
    1-2 (-4.7x)

Comment

Originally posted by twr108
      I cannot believe a bunch of white people are up in arms about this. I am white myself. If you read this thread, it makes this forum look like garbage.

I don't condone anything the man said, but take a step back and look at this thread. You are non-blacks arguing a point that will never change.

What if a black member (they'te scarce I'd imagine) was here. This looks like KKK.net.

i agree that the point is beaten to death, especially the examples of WET TV and stuff.....

However, i think it is a legitimate concern if this many people feel this way.....

I personally have never been offended by any such talk as it does not effect how i view myself.....

That being said i think the double standard is more apparent than ever with the likes of chris rock and many others making comments that are ok...yet when they go the other way Jesse Jackson and Sharpton are contacted.....Case in point....i was watching 60 minutes and ed bradley was interviewing the stripper from the duke case and she said she called them "small dick white boys"..He did not think that was okay, yet many seem to......I just think if there is equality then the sword needs to cut both ways.....

I am white/italian and have yet to be offended in my life.....I also do not think this looks like KKK

Comment

That is probably one of the stupidest things I have ever read on here. What do you really know about the KKK and their beliefs to compare anything written in here in response to Irvins racist remarks? No one mentioned lynching, killing, back of the bus, etc. The double standard is what seems to be prevelant in the posts. And maybe by opening a dialogue, something could be done about it.

Comment

Originally posted by gbell
          That is probably one of the stupidest things I have ever read on here. What do you really know about the KKK and their beliefs to compare anything written in here in response to Irvins racist remarks? No one mentioned lynching, killing, back of the bus, etc. The double standard is what seems to be prevelant in the posts. And maybe by opening a dialogue, something could be done about it.
          Okay retard,
          First of all, KKK was used as emphasis only. Back of the bus? Rosa Prks had nothing to do with the KKK. What does the Klan do? They despise non-white protestants. What is the tone of this thread?--"Go whitey." This thread is very anti-black.
          2009 MLB:
          JULY
          23-19 (+21.72x)
          Sides; 8-12; -9.43x
          Totals; 17-9-1; +33.20x

AUGUST
          1-2 (-4.7x)

Comment

Okay retard,
            First of all, KKK was used as emphasis only. Back of the bus? Rosa Prks had nothing to do with the KKK. What does the Klan do? They despise non-white protestants. What is the tone of this thread?--"Go whitey." This thread is very anti-black.

i searched this thread for the anti-black sentiment that you describe and i can only see a couple overuses of the WET tv examples......I do not think that when someone discusses something that goes against what is happening in society it is anti-black...

If this were a Rush Limbaugh situation we were discussing and the arrow pointed to him being wrong, would it be construed as anti-white.....Why can't issues be discussed without the message being lost in all the racial BS???

Comment

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? IM TIRED OF THE DOUBLE STANDARD THAT HELPS MINORITIES IN THIS COUNTRY.
              MICHAEL IRVIN IS A SPOKESMAN FOR ALL BLACKS, DIDNT YOU KNOW THAT.

Comment

On the contrary.

As I stated in post #7 more of white America thinks

Comment

Originally posted by TwoTonTony
                  I am white/italian and have yet to be offended in my life
                  Same here. Call me anything. I know who I am. I wouldn't be offended.

Comment

What is the tone of this thread?--"Go whitey." This thread is very anti-black.

Comment

not even the case 2 white guys i know got fired for remarks less than this.That is the point of the thread. cAN ANYONE SAY HONESTLY that rush's comment was worse no way
                      MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
                      HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                      0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

No mention in this thread of ROMO tapping jessica simpson heard the rumor he was dating her.MAYBE IRVIN WAS RIGHT ABOUT THE BLACK REMARK IF HE IS SCORING JESSICA SIMPSON LOL
                        MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
                        HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                        0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Working...
                        X