Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bum's 2018 NBA Trends/Stats/Best Bets Thru The Playoffs !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEADING OFF: Angels stop at Wrigley, Bellinger gets off day
    June 3, 2019
    By The Associated Press

A look at what's happening around the majors on Tuesday:

TRAVELING ANGELS

The Angels took a circuitous route back to Los Angeles for the start of an eight-game homestand following Sunday's victory over the Mariners in Seattle.

The Angels traveled first to Chicago to face the Cubs to make up a game that was snowed out in April. They arrived at the team hotel shortly after midnight.

''I think everyone got a good night's sleep,'' manager Brad Ausmus said. ''With a 3 o'clock start, you don't have to get up too, too early. It's just a pain having to travel four hours and then 4+ hours back in a 24-hour period, but it's better than getting in at 6 in the morning. It's an inconvenience, but we'll get over it.''

Los Angeles lost 8-1 to the Cubs and opens a three-game set against Oakland on Tuesday.

DAY OF REST

Major league batting leader Cody Bellinger was out of the starting lineup for the Los Angeles Dodgers' series opener against the Diamondbacks in Arizona.

Bellinger, who's batting .376 with 20 home runs, missed his third game of the season Monday to rest.

Bellinger has played in 58 of 60 games this season, having missed a game in April and May. Manager Dave Roberts said it was just a normal day off given Bellinger's workload this season. He has a team-leading 210 at-bats and has played first base along with all three outfield positions.

Max Muncy was also held out for rest. Muncy's 197 at-bats are third-most on the team.

DRAFTING

The Baltimore Orioles selected Oregon State switch-hitting catcher Adley Rutschman with the No. 1 pick in the draft.

The announcement at MLB Network studios marked the second time the Orioles have led off the draft, and first since they took LSU pitcher Ben McDonald in 1989.

The 21-year-old Rutschman had been the favorite to go first overall since he led Oregon State to the College World Series title last year and was selected as the most outstanding player. He followed that up with a dominant junior season at the plate - hitting .411 with a career-best 17 homers to go along with 58 RBIs and a school-record 76 walks - and behind it, throwing out 13 of 27 baserunners for the Beavers.

A native of Sherwood, Oregon, he is a finalist for the Golden Spikes Award given to the country's top college player. He was also the Pac-12 player of the year and the conference's co-defensive player of year.

Rounds 3-10 of the draft are scheduled for Tuesday, with rounds 11-40 on Wednesday. The second and third days of the draft will be held via conference calls with teams.

BACK IN THE BOOTH

Mets announcer Ron Darling is set to return to the team's broadcast booth Tuesday night following surgery to treat thyroid cancer.

Darling said April 13 he was taking a medical leave. On May 6, he said a mass had been removed and he planned to be back at work in about a month.

The 58-year-old former pitcher said in a statement Monday his doctors tell him his cancer has been ''stabilized for now'' and he has been cleared to work. He adds that he will be monitored closely for the next several months.

Darling was 136-116 from 1983-95 and helped the Mets win the 1986 World Series.
    Remember the 3 G's Gambling, Golf, Girls not in any particular order.....

Comment

• Cousins willing to log minutes if needed
      June 3, 2019
      By The Associated Press

TORONTO (AP) DeMarcus Cousins says he's good with any workload the Golden State Warriors task him with for the remainder of the NBA Finals. Start, don't start. Play a few minutes, play big minutes.

''Whatever's needed,'' Cousins said.

It's looking like plenty will be needed.

The Warriors are banged up, and the center who has spent most of the last 18 months in that predicament is coming back at the absolutely perfect time for the two-time defending champions. He's gone from question-mark to game-changer, a stat-stuffer for the Warriors - who, it seems, now finally know who their starting center is the rest of the way.

Cousins played 28 minutes in Game 2 of the NBA Finals, scoring 11 points, grabbing 10 rebounds, handing out six assists and blocking two shots. With him on the floor, the Warriors outscored the Raptors by 12 points. With him on the bench, the Raptors outscored the Warriors by seven.

Put simply, he changed the game.

He also might have changed the series, which resumes in Oakland on Wednesday night for Game 3.

''On our defensive end, making his presence felt blocking shots, being in the right place at the right time, it's a big lift for us,'' Warriors guard Stephen Curry said. ''I know he's been waiting a long time to be on this stage. Obviously with his injuries, he's taken the challenge of inserting himself and making that transition smooth. So it's been fun to watch. More to come.''

The fact that he's even on the floor is a surprise to the Warriors.

It remains unclear how much they really believed their own words when they told Cousins that he had a chance of coming back this season from his torn quadriceps muscle, suffered in the opening minutes of Game 2 of the first-round matchup against the Los Angeles Clippers.

All that matters now is that Cousins believed them.

Good thing.

Now recovered from what basically was a hole in his leg, Cousins is more than plugging a hole in the lineup.

''I want to be on this stage,'' Cousins said. ''This is what I've worked for my entire career, to be on this stage, to have this opportunity to play for something. But once they told me I had a chance, a slight chance, of being able to return, it basically was up to me and the work and the time I put in behind the injury. It was up to me. So I put the work in.''

The Warriors aren't sure yet if Kevin Durant will be ready to play in Game 3. Backup center Kevon Looney has an upper-body injury that coach Steve Kerr sounded concerned about after Game 2. Klay Thompson, who rarely gets hurt, left Game 2 with a strained hamstring - though told Kerr he will play Wednesday.

Compared to what Cousins has gone through, those are all relatively minor deals.

He ruptured his Achilles in January 2018, missed the rest of that season, signed with the Warriors last summer in a bargain - a six-time All-Star for $5.3 million - and needed until this January to get back on the floor. And then when he finally got to be on the floor in the postseason for the first time, he ripped the quad muscle in the first quarter of Game 2 of the opening round.

Cousins played eight minutes in Game 1 of the finals, then got 28 big minutes as a starter in Game 2.

Expect another 28 minutes - or more - in Game 3.

''We do feel confident that we can continue to get good minutes from him,'' Kerr said. ''We're going to need them, obviously, with all these injuries.''

That's just fine with Cousins.

He'll be a free agent in a few weeks, which doesn't seem to be on his radar whatsoever right now. In a locker room where just about everybody has a handful of rings, he's playing for his first piece of championship jewelry.

He's not 100 percent right now. But if the Warriors need him to play as though he is, Cousins said he will.

''I've told you all before I don't take any of this for granted,'' Cousins said. ''I've seen how quick this game can be taken away from you. So every chance I get to go out there and play, I'm going to leave it on the floor.''

Comment

• Tuesday’s 6-pack

Some college football spreads for this fall:

Nov 2— Oregon (-1) @ USC

Nov 16— Georgia (-7.5) @ Auburn

Nov 23— UCLA @USC (-5)

Nov 23— Penn State @ Ohio State (-10.5)

Nov 29— Iowa @ Nebraska (even)

Nov 30— Alabama (-13) @ Auburn

Quotes of the Day
        “I always mean what I say, but I don’t always say what I’m thinking.”
        Dean Smith

Tuesday’s quiz
        What was the last Western Conference team other than Golden State to play in the NBA Finals?

Monday’s quiz
        Sacramento is the state capital of California.

Sunday’s quiz
        Allegheny and Monongahela Rivers meet at Pittsburgh’s Point State Park to form the Ohio River.

Tuesday’s List of 13: Nobody asked me, but……

13) Angels played in Seattle Sunday afternoon, played a makeup game in Wrigley Field on Monday, and host the A’s in Anaheim tonight; that is 3,462 miles in three days, the 3rd-most miles any MLB team has travelled in a 3-day period.

12) As of Monday afternoon, there were 806 players in the college basketball transfer portal; with 353 D-I hoop teams, that works out to 2.28 players per team.. Thats a lot.

178 of the transfers are grad transfers, who are immediately eligible.

11) Michigan coach Juwan Howard did a very smart thing Monday and hired former St Joe’s assistant Phil Martelli as an assistant. Guys who are new head coaches need an experienced voice to help them avoid some of the pitfalls of their job.

10) When you watch and read about the baseball draft, keep in mind that Mike Trout was the 25th pick in the 2009 MLB Draft. Scouting/drafting is an inexact science.

9) On May 1st, Minnesota Twins were 20-1 to win the World Series; 33 days later, they’re down to 13-2 to win the Series.

8) Sports betting legislation passed in Illinois this week; meanwhile here in New York, we have crickets……nothing happening. NFL training camps start next month.

7) Orioles took Oregon State C Adley Rutschman with the first pick of the MLB Draft, the first catcher taken first since Buster Posey in 2001.

Royals took SS Bobby Witt Jr with the #2 pick; his dad Bobby Witt pitched in the major leagues for 16 seasons.

6) Breakdown of DT Gerald McCoy’s deal with the Carolina Panthers:
        — 1 year, $4M to sign.
        — $3M base salary
        — $500K camp roster bonus.
        — $500K in 45-man per game bonus
        — 6.5 sacks for $500k.
        — 8 sacks gets him $1.5M.
        — $250K for Pro Bowl.
        — $250K for playoffs.
        — $4M guaranteed.
        Worth noting that Carolina/Tampa Bay (McCoy’s old team) are division rivals.

5) Friday, a bettor in Sparks, NV played a $5, 10-team parlay and hit it for $3,605; four of the ten wagers were underdogs. Pretty impressive.

4) Cubs 6, Angels 1— In his first game as a Cub, Carlos Gonzalez made a great diving catch in top of 7th inning to rob Jonathan Lucroy of a bases loaded double.

3) Milwaukee Brewers activated Travis Shaw from the IL and demoted rookie 2B Keston Huira, despite Huira hitting five home runs and having an .865 OPS in only 17 games. Milwaukee also DFA’d 1B Jesus Aguilar.

2) This was the first baseball draft ever where none of the first six picks were pitchers.

1) Excellent news: Mets broadcaster Ron Darling will be back in the booth tonight for the Mets-Giants game; Darling has been battling thyroid cancer the last few months but has been cleared to return to work. He is a friendly voice in the booth; great to have him back.

Comment

• Cousins willing to log minutes if needed
          June 3, 2019
          By The Associated Press

TORONTO (AP) DeMarcus Cousins says he's good with any workload the Golden State Warriors task him with for the remainder of the NBA Finals. Start, don't start. Play a few minutes, play big minutes.

''Whatever's needed,'' Cousins said.

It's looking like plenty will be needed.

The Warriors are banged up, and the center who has spent most of the last 18 months in that predicament is coming back at the absolutely perfect time for the two-time defending champions. He's gone from question-mark to game-changer, a stat-stuffer for the Warriors - who, it seems, now finally know who their starting center is the rest of the way.

Cousins played 28 minutes in Game 2 of the NBA Finals, scoring 11 points, grabbing 10 rebounds, handing out six assists and blocking two shots. With him on the floor, the Warriors outscored the Raptors by 12 points. With him on the bench, the Raptors outscored the Warriors by seven.

Put simply, he changed the game.

He also might have changed the series, which resumes in Oakland on Wednesday night for Game 3.

''On our defensive end, making his presence felt blocking shots, being in the right place at the right time, it's a big lift for us,'' Warriors guard Stephen Curry said. ''I know he's been waiting a long time to be on this stage. Obviously with his injuries, he's taken the challenge of inserting himself and making that transition smooth. So it's been fun to watch. More to come.''

The fact that he's even on the floor is a surprise to the Warriors.

It remains unclear how much they really believed their own words when they told Cousins that he had a chance of coming back this season from his torn quadriceps muscle, suffered in the opening minutes of Game 2 of the first-round matchup against the Los Angeles Clippers.

All that matters now is that Cousins believed them.

Good thing.

Now recovered from what basically was a hole in his leg, Cousins is more than plugging a hole in the lineup.

''I want to be on this stage,'' Cousins said. ''This is what I've worked for my entire career, to be on this stage, to have this opportunity to play for something. But once they told me I had a chance, a slight chance, of being able to return, it basically was up to me and the work and the time I put in behind the injury. It was up to me. So I put the work in.''

The Warriors aren't sure yet if Kevin Durant will be ready to play in Game 3. Backup center Kevon Looney has an upper-body injury that coach Steve Kerr sounded concerned about after Game 2. Klay Thompson, who rarely gets hurt, left Game 2 with a strained hamstring - though told Kerr he will play Wednesday.

Compared to what Cousins has gone through, those are all relatively minor deals.

He ruptured his Achilles in January 2018, missed the rest of that season, signed with the Warriors last summer in a bargain - a six-time All-Star for $5.3 million - and needed until this January to get back on the floor. And then when he finally got to be on the floor in the postseason for the first time, he ripped the quad muscle in the first quarter of Game 2 of the opening round.

Cousins played eight minutes in Game 1 of the finals, then got 28 big minutes as a starter in Game 2.

Expect another 28 minutes - or more - in Game 3.

''We do feel confident that we can continue to get good minutes from him,'' Kerr said. ''We're going to need them, obviously, with all these injuries.''

That's just fine with Cousins.

He'll be a free agent in a few weeks, which doesn't seem to be on his radar whatsoever right now. In a locker room where just about everybody has a handful of rings, he's playing for his first piece of championship jewelry.

He's not 100 percent right now. But if the Warriors need him to play as though he is, Cousins said he will.

''I've told you all before I don't take any of this for granted,'' Cousins said. ''I've seen how quick this game can be taken away from you. So every chance I get to go out there and play, I'm going to leave it on the floor.''

Comment

• Raptors OK mentally, Warriors beat-up
            June 3, 2019
            By The Associated Press

TORONTO (AP) The Toronto Raptors feel good mentally, and they are certainly in better shape physically than the Golden State Warriors.

The Raptors know they have outplayed Golden State for perhaps 90 of the 96 minutes of the NBA Finals, and they almost overcame the one brutal stretch where they didn't. Despite being blanked for nearly half the third quarter of Game 2, the Raptors were within two points in the final seconds.

Golden State held on to win 109-104, tying the series that moves to Oracle Arena for Games 3 and 4. The Raptors lost the game and home-court advantage, but not any of their belief that they can win the series.

''We fought back and we know that going towards Game 3 we've got to play a lot better, and it's going to be even harder on the road,'' Raptors guard Fred VanVleet said, ''but we're capable and we know what we bring to the table.''

The Warriors aren't quite sure, at least as it relates to their health.

They are hoping Kevin Durant is close to returning from a seven-game absence with a strained right calf, and that Klay Thompson can play after he limped off the court early in the fourth quarter Sunday. The Warriors said Thompson had an MRI exam Monday that indicated a mild left hamstring strain and that he would be listed as questionable for Game 3.

They will be without Kevon Looney, who has been their best center in the postseason. He will be out indefinitely because of a non-displaced cartilage fracture on the right side of his ribcage that he sustained in Game 2.

So the Warriors were in no condition to dance their way back across the border in this first NBA Finals to be played outside the U.S. - in fact, DeMarcus Cousins posted an Instagram picture of him and Andre Iguodala being moved through the airport in wheelchairs.

But they wouldn't have been too excited even in peak condition. They've played in so many series during their run to five straight finals that they understand better than anyone how momentum works.

''It swings so much. They've gone through it, too, when they were down 0-2 last series and won four straight games,'' Iguodala said. ''We won two games at home and went to Houston and lost two and everyone thought the world was ending, especially with our team. Certain things that we pick up along the way, that experience will help us with emotional swings from game to game in this series.''

Iguodala hit the clinching 3-pointer after the Raptors had clawed their way within two points by scoring 10 straight in the final minutes. It certainly seemed it would be easier for the Warriors after their 18-0 run to start the third quarter, an NBA Finals record to begin a half, had put them in control.

Toronto stayed in it thanks to Kawhi Leonard, who finished with 34 points and 14 rebounds, and an assault on the backboards in which they outscored the Warriors 23-0 in second-chance points.

It might take even more than that to get a game at Oracle Arena, where the two-time defending champions will play Wednesday for the first time in nearly three weeks. Golden State hasn't played a home game since Game 2 of the Western Conference finals against Portland on May 16.

''The only thing that matters is the four. Four wins,'' Leonard said. ''Once you get it, two wins, three wins, it does not matter. Just take one game at a time and just play through the adversity.''

That's what the Warriors did in Game 2, when they turned to all the tricks they've learned and pulled a rabbit out of their hats.

Now they have to hope they won't run out of rabbits.

''Obviously, we have the star power, but when you bring guys off the bench, that goes a long way,'' backup guard Quinn Cook said. ''I don't think they'll get tired for the finals. There are two days between games. They'll be back hungry on Wednesday, just like us. We just have to keep being better.''

Comment

• Thompson questionable for Game 3, Looney out indefinitely
              June 3, 2019
              By The Associated Press

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) Golden State guard Klay Thompson has a mild strain in his left hamstring that forced him out of Game 2 in the NBA Finals and he is listed as questionable for Game 3 against the Toronto Raptors on Wednesday night.

In addition, backup big man Kevon Looney suffered a non-displaced cartilage fracture on the right side of his ribcage and will be out indefinitely. That's a hit to the two-time defending champions' depth at center, making the March signing of Andrew Bogut all the more important - along with the return of DeMarcus Cousins from a torn left quadriceps muscle.

The team said both Thompson and Looney underwent MRI exams Monday once back in the Bay Area.

''Klay said he'll be fine, but Klay could be half dead and he would say he would be fine. We'll see,'' coach Steve Kerr said after the game. ''He pulled his hamstring. He thinks it is minor, so I don't know what that means going forward.''

Thompson, averaging 19.5 points this postseason and 23 in the two finals games, left at the 7:59 mark of the fourth quarter in Sunday night's 109-104 victory that evened the best-of-seven finals at one game apiece. He hobbled around afterward with an ice bag on the leg.

Looney didn't play at all in the second half. He was averaging 7.2 points and 4.6 rebounds during the playoffs.

Kevin Durant has missed the last seven games and was yet to take part in a formal practice, something he needs to do before returning from a strained right calf. The Warriors are scheduled to practice Tuesday at Oracle Arena, so that could be Durant's opportunity to test the leg.

The two-time reigning NBA Finals MVP was averaging 34.2 points this postseason before the injury May 8 in Game 5 of the Western Conference semifinals against Houston. He traveled to Toronto for the first two games of the series but didn't play. Full-court scrimmaging is a step the Warriors medical staff and Kerr want to see before he is cleared for game action.

Cousins, injured in Game 2 of the first round against the Clippers in just his second career playoff game, started Game 2 of the finals after coming off the bench in the series opener. He was a key to the Warriors' victory Sunday, finishing with 11 points, 10 rebounds, six assists and two blocked shots in 28 minutes while playing in foul trouble.

Guard Quinn Cook provided key minutes down the stretch and scored nine points all on 3s - two in the fourth quarter - in 21 minutes.

''Next-man-up mentality. Guys rest, guys get hurt, but everybody has confidence in each other,'' Cook said. ''It's good to see the ball go in. Obviously at this stage, every possession means so much.''

Comment

• Kawhi Leonard sues Nike over rights to his logo
                June 3, 2019
                By The Associated Press

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) Toronto star Kawhi Leonard filed a federal lawsuit against Nike on Monday, saying the footwear and apparel giant is blocking him from using a logo that he believes he owns.

The suit was filed on a travel day for the NBA Finals; Leonard and the Raptors flew to Oakland, California on Monday to begin preparing for Game 3 of the title series against the Golden State Warriors, a game that will be played Wednesday night.

It was filed in California because Leonard maintains a home in San Diego, the suit said.

Leonard was a Nike endorser until 2018. He now endorses New Balance. A Nike spokesman declined comment Monday, saying the company does not discuss pending litigation. Leonard is scheduled to speak with reporters on Tuesday when practice resumes at the NBA Finals.

In the lawsuit, Leonard said Nike filed a copyright application for a logo that he designed and did so ''unbeknownst to Leonard and without his consent.'' Nike told Leonard earlier this year to stop using the logo, the lawsuit said. Leonard is preparing to use the logo ''on clothing lines, footwear and on other products and, among other things, in connection with sports camps and charity functions.''

Leonard claims that he developed the logo himself by tracing his very large hands. The ring and pinky fingers of the logo are shaped into a ''K,'' the middle finger and thumb form an ''L'' and the index finger is designed to resemble an elongated ''2'' - all nods to his initials and jersey number.

The suit said that Leonard ''refined'' the logo in December 2011 or January 2012, and eventually consented that Nike could use it on certain products. Leonard wants the court to decide that he is the author of the logo and that Nike ''committed fraud'' when registering the logo for copyright.

Leonard is in the NBA Finals for the third time, and got there in his first season as a member of the Raptors after previously playing with the San Antonio Spurs. He will become a free agent on June 30 and many teams, including the Raptors and Los Angeles Clippers, are expected to attempt to sign him this summer.

Comment

• Wednesday’s 6-pack

— Giants 9, Mets 3 (10)— If you bet the under, my condolences.

— It is June 5; the Phillies have already used 41 players this year.

— Dodgers 9, Arizona 0— Hyun-Jin Ryu allowed two ER in his last 44.2 IP.

— If you’re wondering, Tim Tebow is batting .159 at AAA Syracuse.

— RIP Alan Young, who passed away at 96; he played Wilbur Post on the classic TV show Mr Ed.

— Bruins’ Zdeno Chara (broken jaw) hasn’t been ruled out of Game 5 in the Stanley Cup finals. Hockey players are tough.

Quotes of the Day
                  “No, I don’t regret it. And to be fair, I don’t think I owe anyone an explanation because it’s not a rule that I have to speak…….since I got traded over here it’s been some stories that shouldn’t have come out that have come out. And it’s difficult because the way I am perceived by people is not how I think I really am.”
                  Clint Frazier

Wednesday’s quiz
                  When was last time the NBA Finals ended in a 4-0 sweep?

Tuesday’s quiz
                  San Antonio Spurs were the last Western Conference team other than Golden State to play in the NBA Finals; they beat Miami in the 2014 Finals.

Monday’s quiz
                  Sacramento is the state capital of California.

Wednesday’s List of 13: Mid-week musings…….

13) There are 256 regular season games in the NFL every year; last year, 73 of them (28.5%) were decided by 3 or fewer points.

12) Las Vegas Bowl is one of the first beneficiaries of the new domed stadium in Las Vegas; the LV Bowl will now feature a matchup of a Pac-12 team vs either an SEC team or Big 14 team every year, starting in 2020. The bowl also moves into a post-Christmas slot; the #2 Pac-12 team will be heading to Las Vegas for this game.

11) Since 2011, there have been 12 Pac-12-SEC football games:
                  2011:
                  LSU +3 W40-27 vs Oregon
                  2012:
                  LSU -23 W41-3 Washington
                  Missouri -3 W24-20 Arizona State
                  2013:
                  Tennessee +28 L14-59 @ Oregon
                  Auburn -14 W31-24 Auburn
                  2015:
                  Tex A&M -3 W38-17 vs Arizona St.
                  2016:
                  Tex A&M -3 W31-24 OT UCLA
                  Alabama -11.5 W52-6 vs USC
                  Alabama -13.5 W24-7 vs Washington
                  2017:
                  Tex A&M +5.5 L44-45 @ UCLA
                  Ole Miss -7 L16-27 @ California
                  2018:
                  Auburn -2 W21-16 vs Washington

SEC teams are 9-3 SU in those games, 9-3 vs spread, 7-2 when favored.

10) Michigan landed former Alabama assistant Josh Gattis as its new offensive coordinator at least in part because Nick Saban doesn’t want a play caller who has never called plays before, so he wouldn’t name Gattis as the Crimson Tide’s OC.

As a player, Gattis starred at safety for Wake Forest and was the leader of the only Demon Deacons team that won the ACC title and went to the Orange Bowl.

9) North Carolina football coach Mack Brown has had his right knee replaced by a surgeon who once played for him, Dr. Michael Bolognesi, who played DB for Brown at UNC from 1989-93.

8) There were only three high school pitchers taken in the first round of the baseball draft, the lowest amount since 2008.

7) Baseball stuff:
                  — Phillies lost OF Andrew McCutchen (torn ACL) for the season.
                  — Tigers put 3B Jeimer Candelario (shoulder) on IL.
                  — Indians put P Jefry Rodriguez (shoulder) on IL.
                  — Royals put 3B Hunter Dozier (right side) on IL.

6) Northern Arizona basketball coach Jack Murphy is leaving the Lumberjacks to become the associate head coach at Arizona, his alma mater. Murphy went 78-149 in seven years at NAU and was going into the final year of his contract, which means he was probably getting fired next spring unless the Lumberjacks won the Big Sky, so he jumped ship before he got pushed.

5) Odds to win college basketball national title next April:
                  8-1— Michigan State
                  10-1— Kentucky, Duke
                  12-1— Kansas, Memphis
                  16-1— North Carolina, Villanova
                  20-1— Gonzaga, Louisville, Oregon, Virginia

4) Kawhi Leonard filed a lawsuit against Nike on Monday in California in an attempt to reclaim control over a logo Leonard says he created, when he was a Nike client. Leonard signed a deal with New Balance earlier this season.

3) UConn added grad transfer QB Micah Lemon from NC State, which prompted Huskies’ QB Marvin Washington to announce he was leaving UConn. Huskies’ WR Keyion Dixon also said he would be leaving the UConn program.

2) RJ Hampton was a highly sought after basketball recruit who instead chose to play pro ball in New Zealand this season, which is his business, but supposedly he signed the pro contract a full month before he told the college teams that he wouldn’t be playing for them.

Why would someone do this? Once he signed the contract, there was no going back. Lot of people, both coaches/other recruits, were waiting for his decision so the next domino in the process could fall.

Without knowing all the fact, it does seem very selfish.

1) St. Louis Blues have never won a Stanley Cup, but four of their former coaches have won 17 of them; their series with Boston now stands at 2-2. Blues have an interim coach (Craig Berube).

Comment

• Durant out for Game 3 of NBA Finals
                    June 4, 2019
                    By The Associated Press

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) The Golden State Warriors will take the floor once more without two-time reigning NBA Finals MVP Kevin Durant, counting on their depth and home court to carry them as they try to inch closer to a three-peat.

Durant is out for Game 3 of the finals on Wednesday night, still not ready to return for the two-time defending champions as he works back from a strained right calf suffered during the Western Conference semifinals.

Durant didn't practice with the Warriors on Tuesday, and he has yet to get on the court for a structured session since getting injured May 8 in Game 5 against the Houston Rockets. Durant was set to some work on the court later Tuesday at the practice facility.

Guard Klay Thompson practiced two days after sustaining a mild strain to his left hamstring that forced him out of Game 2. He is listed as questionable for Game 3.

The best-of-seven series with the Toronto Raptors is tied at 1-all.

Thompson said his discomfort Tuesday was bearable - ''the pain level wasn't too crazy at all.''

''It will be a game-time decision. But for me personally, it would be hard to see me not playing. Hopefully, I'll feel much better tomorrow and be a go for tipoff,'' Thompson said.

Along with Durant, Golden State is also down backup big man Kevon Looney. He suffered a non-displaced cartilage fracture on the right side of his collarbone area and will miss the remainder of the finals.

''He's had such a great season, such a great postseason run,'' coach Steve Kerr said. ''Fortunately it won't affect his future, but it's a big loss for us.''

Here are some things to watch for going into Game 3:

KAWHI SORE? NAH

Don't mind Kawhi Leonard's limp. Like Thompson, little will keep Toronto's star guard off the court on the NBA's biggest stage. Not with no more than five games left.

''A hundred percent,'' Leonard said of his health. ''I'm on the floor. There are no excuses. Everybody knows everyone's banged up, bruised up at this moment.''

Leonard is averaging 30.9 points this postseason.

BOX-AND-ONE?

Raptors coach Nick Nurse was still hearing about his move to use an old school box-and-one with Fred VanVleet on Curry.

''In ninth grade a team played one against me,'' Kerr joked. ''Very proud to announce that. I had a box-and-one, just like Steph.''

''Yeah, I know, everybody's making fun of me for it, right?'' Nurse quipped.

COUSINS' IMPACT

DeMarcus Cousins shined during his first NBA Finals start and just the fourth postseason game of his career.

The big man had 11 points, 10 rebounds, six assists and two blocked shots over 28 minutes while playing in foul trouble in the 109-104 Game 2 win Sunday.

All that after he had been out with a torn left quadriceps muscle sustained in Game 2 of the first round against the Clippers. Cousins didn't even make his season debut until Jan. 18 at the Clippers following a nearly yearlong absence while recovering from surgery for a torn left Achilles tendon.

RAPTORS SHOOTING

Toronto went just 35 for 94 (37.2%) in Game 2, compared to 50.6% while winning the series opener, including 11 of 38 from 3-point range. The Raptors' missed shots and defensive stops are exactly what the Warriors count on to get out into their push-the-pace transition game.

''It's always a game of rhythm a little bit and you have to watch what's happening. As you know, we talk a lot about our shot spectrum, the shots we're trying to get,'' Nurse said. ''We have to get a certain amount of paint touches. We have to get the ball side to side. Those are things you just have to keep an eye on. I think we just had some lulls in those three areas in Game 2.''

The Raptors were outscored 18-0 to start the third - ''the quarter from hell'' as Nurse called it - and that all but did them in before a late rally that fell short.

GOLDEN DEPTH

Kerr prepares his role players all season to be ready for moments on the big stage - because Kerr was one of the backups in his day. At home, Quinn Cook, who scored nine points with three 3-pointers in the fourth quarter, regularly resumes his shooting routine moments after the final buzzer sounds.

With all the injuries, all the Warriors must be ready to contribute.

''The way that we play, everybody feels involved on both ends of the floor and has an opportunity to impact the game, not necessarily scoring every possession but just playing within the flow and sharing the ball, moving, playing unselfishly,'' Stephen Curry said. ''Just a style where everybody is going to get touches and you just have to be confident and aggressive. So again, day to day it's just whoever is healthy. Be ready to go, compete, have fun doing it. Whoever is out there on the floor, just feel like you can help us win the game.''

Comment

• Finals G3 - Raptors at Warriors
                      June 4, 2019
                      By Kevin Rogers

The Warriors return to the Bay Area knotted up at 1-1 with the Raptors, but Golden State hopes to field a healthy enough squad moving towards its fourth championship in five seasons.

After Toronto captured Game 1 of the NBA Finals, the Raptors were poised for a 2-0 series advantage before traveling west to daunting Oracle Arena. Toronto built a 58-48 lead with 1:03 remaining in the first half of Game 2, but Golden State crept back to cut the deficit to five at halftime thanks to six late points from Stephen Curry.

That spurred an incredible 20-0 run by the defending champions as the Warriors eventually grabbed a 72-59 lead on their way to a 109-104 victory as 2 ½-point underdogs. Golden State had to sweat out the final five minutes after taking 106-94 advantage as Toronto roared back with a 10-0 run before Andre Iguodala’s three-pointer with seven seconds left to steal home-court advantage back.

Now on to the walking wounded Warriors. Kevin Durant will miss his eighth consecutive game with a calf strain, which shouldn’t be a big surprise. Curry fought through an illness in the first half but finished with 23 points in spite of 6-of-17 shooting from the floor. Klay Thompson suffered a hamstring injury and still managed a team-high 25 points as his status is up in the air for Game 3. Center Kevon Looney will be on the shelf with a broken collarbone after playing 10 scoreless minutes.

The Raptors were paced by Kawhi Leonard’s 34 points, although nearly half those points (16) came from the foul line. The unexpected breakout games from Pascal Siakam and Marc Gasol in the series opener didn’t carry over to Game 2 as Siakam’s production dropped from 32 to 12 points, while Gasol slipped from 20 points in Game 1 to only six points in Sunday’s defeat.

Toronto is making its first trip to Oracle Arena since December 12 as the Raptors dominated the Warriors, 113-93 as eight-point underdogs. The Raptors cruised to their first win in Oakland since 2004 as Leonard sat out due to injury, while Curry and Thompson combined for 24 points, including 2-of-13 from three-point range.

The Warriors have failed to cover in five of eight home playoff games, while taking the court at Oracle Arena for the first time since May 16 against Portland in the Western Conference Finals. Golden State owns a 6-2 home record in the playoffs with the last loss coming to the Clippers in Game 5 of the opening round. During this five-year stretch of playing in the NBA Finals, the Warriors are 9-3 at home with the most recent defeat occurring in Game 7 back in 2016 against Cleveland.

The Raptors have posted a 4-4 SU/ATS record away from Scotiabank Arena in the playoffs, as half of those wins came at Orlando in the opening round. Toronto won once at Philadelphia in the second round and captured Game 5 at Milwaukee in the Eastern Conference Finals, but all four losses are by eight points or more, including two defeats by 20 points or more.

The total for Game 3 opened at 214 at BookMaker.eu and the number has dropped to 212. Chris David of VegasInsider.com weighed in on Sunday’s improbable ‘under’ result in Game 2 and offered up his thoughts on Wednesday’s line, which he believes could be and should be lower by tip-off.

He said, “Bettors taking the ‘under’ (213 ½) in Game 2 were gifted a lucky win and those taking the ‘over’ certainly are still stewing over the loss. Despite going cold in the third quarter, Toronto still managed to put up 21 points. While that drought was costly, it was Golden State’s finish in the fourth quarter that really killed ‘over’ wagers. The Warriors scored 21 points in the final 12 minutes but they only scored five points in the last six minutes. Injuries certainly played a major factor for Golden State’s offense and the battle of attrition can’t be overlooked for Game 3.”

“The Warriors won’t have Durant again for Game 3 and Thompson is expected to go but if he’s not 100 percent, you’re betting on role players to make shots again. After watching the Clippers explode for 135 and 129 points in the first round at Oracle, the Warriors have found their form defensively at home. In their last five games, they’ve only allowed 102.6 PPG. Fortunately for Golden State, the Raptors offense hasn’t traveled well in the postseason. Nick Nurse’s club is averaging 101.3 PPG away from home in the playoffs and that’s led to a 6-2 ‘under’ mark. The Team Total (103 ½) for Toronto looks low but based on what we’ve seen, it probably should be 102,” David added.

Going back to the 2016 playoffs, Toronto has watched the ‘under’ go 17-8-2 on the road in the playoffs. Golden State saw the ‘under’ go 8-7 at home during the regular season versus teams from the Eastern Conference and that included the outcome of Toronto’s 113-93 win at Oracle Arena on Dec. 12. That total closed at 226 ½, which shows you the drastic difference between regular season and postseason numbers.

VegasInsider.com NBA expert Tony Mejia checks in with his thoughts on Game 3, “This looks like the best opportunity for the Raptors to win a game at Oracle, especially with Durant ruled out and likely to be part of the equation in Game 4. With Thompson limited and DeMarcus Cousins and Andrew Bogut getting extended minutes with Looney out, the Raptors have to use their speed to try and make plays and create turnovers in order to swing this Game 3.”

“My expectation is that we’ll see Serge Ibaka play a huge role in this one, but Leonard and Kyle Lowry have to set the tone with a strong first quarter. Fred VanVleet’s defense on Curry was an immense part of Toronto’s success at home, so he’ll have to carry that solid play over to Oakland. Given the guys coach Nurse has to rely on to be successful, we should see small ball become their primary weapon, which may lead to the highest-scoring contest in the series. Golden State should see reserves like Alfonzo McKinnie and Quinn Cook feel more comfortable in familiar surroundings, which should also contribute to more points on the scoreboard,” Mejia notes.

The Warriors currently sit as 4 ½-point favorites at most sports books, while the total is hovering between 212 ½ and 213. Wednesday’s game tips off at 9:07 PM EST and can be seen nationally on ABC.

Comment

• Commercial Photography

Comment

• 525Toronto -526 Golden State
                          TORONTO is 109-149 ATS (-54.9 Units) in road games versus teams who make 6 or more 3 point shots/game - 2nd half of the season since 1996.

NBA
                          Dunkel

Wednesday, June 5

Toronto @ Golden State

Game 525-526
                          June 5, 2019 @ 9:00 pm

Dunkel Rating:
                          Toronto
                          Golden State
                          Dunkel Team:
                          Dunkel Line:
                          Dunkel Total:
                          Toronto
                          by 1
                          Vegas Team:
                          Vegas Line:
                          Vegas Total:
                          Golden State
                          by 5 1/2
                          Dunkel Pick:
                          Toronto
                          (+5 1/2); Over

NBA
                          Long Sheet

Wednesday, June 5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TORONTO (71 - 31) at GOLDEN STATE (70 - 30) - 6/5/2019, 9:00 PM
                          Top Trends for this game.
                          TORONTO is 216-270 ATS (-81.0 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record - 2nd half of the season since 1996.
                          GOLDEN STATE is 94-67 ATS (+20.3 Units) versus good offensive teams - scoring 106+ points/game - 2nd half of the season since 1996.
                          GOLDEN STATE is 43-55 ATS (-17.5 Units) in all games this season.
                          GOLDEN STATE is 36-49 ATS (-17.9 Units) as a favorite this season.
                          GOLDEN STATE is 19-29 ATS (-12.9 Units) in home games this season.
                          GOLDEN STATE is 53-68 ATS (-21.8 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
                          GOLDEN STATE is 35-50 ATS (-20.0 Units) versus poor defensive teams - allowing 106+ points/game this season.
                          GOLDEN STATE is 20-29 ATS (-11.9 Units) versus poor defensive teams - allowing 106+ points/game - 2nd half of the season this season.
                          GOLDEN STATE is 36-44 ATS (-12.4 Units) versus good offensive teams - scoring 106+ points/game this season.

Head-to-Head Series History
                          TORONTO is 4-3 against the spread versus GOLDEN STATE over the last 3 seasons
                          GOLDEN STATE is 5-3 straight up against TORONTO over the last 3 seasons
                          5 of 7 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NBA
                          Short Sheet

Wednesday, June 5

NBA
                          Armadillo's Write-Up

Wednesday, June 5

Thompson tweaked him hamstring in Game 2, is a ?? here. Warriors opened 2nd half on 18-0 run in 109-104 win in Game 2, their first win in four tries vs Toronto this season. Curry was still only 6-17 from floor in Game 2, is 14-35 for series. Raptors lost three of last four visits to Oakland, but won in OT here in November. Non-Leonard Toronto starters were 14-43 from floor in Game 2; their subs were +19, starters -44. Toronto was just 11-38 on arc in Game 2, after going 13-33 in Game 1. Eight of last ten series games went over the total.

NBA

Wednesday, June 5

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Trend Report
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toronto Raptors
                          Toronto is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games
                          Toronto is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
                          Toronto is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
                          Toronto is 15-8 SU in its last 23 games on the road
                          Toronto is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games on the road
                          The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Toronto's last 9 games on the road
                          Toronto is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Golden State
                          Toronto is 8-16-1 ATS in its last 25 games when playing Golden State
                          Toronto is 5-17 SU in its last 22 games when playing Golden State
                          The total has gone OVER in 7 of Toronto's last 10 games when playing Golden State
                          Toronto is 3-11 ATS in its last 14 games when playing on the road against Golden State
                          Toronto is 1-13 SU in its last 14 games when playing on the road against Golden State
                          The total has gone OVER in 8 of Toronto's last 10 games when playing on the road against Golden State
                          Golden State Warriors
                          Golden State is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games
                          Golden State is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games at home
                          Golden State is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
                          The total has gone UNDER in 13 of Golden State's last 19 games at home
                          Golden State is 3-6-1 ATS in its last 10 games when playing Toronto
                          Golden State is 17-5 SU in its last 22 games when playing Toronto
                          The total has gone OVER in 7 of Golden State's last 10 games when playing Toronto
                          Golden State is 11-3 ATS in its last 14 games when playing at home against Toronto
                          Golden State is 13-1 SU in its last 14 games when playing at home against Toronto
                          The total has gone OVER in 8 of Golden State's last 10 games when playing at home against Toronto

Comment

• Warriors head into Game 3 vulnerable, yet pressure is on Raptors
                            Shaun Powell

Tied at 1-1, the Warriors and Raptors will battle for the advantage in Game 3 on Wednesday.

* Tonight on ABC: Game 3, Raptors vs. Warriors (9 ET)

OAKLAND, Calif. -- The two-time defending champion Golden State Warriors will be of divided attention here in the next few days. They’ll be occupied by Game 3 of The Finals … and Game 1 of Kevin Durant’s rehabilitation.

The two go hand-in-hand, actually, and hold equal importance. With untimely injuries threatening to delay the Warriors’ third straight title or downright prevent it from happening, the club teeters on edge, unsure whether its next step will be on the gas pedal or a banana peel.

Klay Thompson is iffy for Wednesday because of a gimpy hamstring that cut short his floor time in Game 2, which the Warriors managed to win anyway. He did some light shooting on the eve of Game 3 against the Raptors and, Klay being Klay, counted himself in after three days’ rest. But it’s not really up to him, is it? The Warriors' medical staff will make the ruling on a tendon that’s moody and doesn’t always cooperate with the human attached to it. This all depends on what side of the bed the hamstring lands on Wednesday morning.

Kevon Looney, the fast-developing big man who has been a pleasant playoff surprise, is done for the summer with a cartilage fracture in his collarbone area. At least in this case, his loss is minimized by the re-emergence of DeMarcus Cousins, back from two months off with a bum quad muscle and feeling frisky about it and his encouraging effort in Game 2.

OK, now here’s the elephant in the emergency room: What does the future of The Finals hold for Durant, MIA for roughly a month now, who has been ruled out for Wednesday?

Durant didn’t practice with the team Tuesday morning, but he did go through an individual workout that afternoon. There is no scheduled team practice on Thursday, the only off-day between Games 3 and 4 at Oracle Arena. Yet all signs point to Durant putting his body through a workout/practice/scrimmage at some point between now and Friday’s Game 4 because coach Steve Kerr said the former MVP is “ramping up” his workouts.

It’s safe to say the Warriors will be interested spectators for that one, biting their fingernails to the knuckle, although Kerr indicated Durant’s availability for The Finals is more “when” than “if.” That means Durant has given them some reason to feel optimistic about Friday if not Game 5 in Toronto.

“Klay and Kevin, we’re very hopeful we’re going to get them back out there,” Kerr said.

In a worst-case scenario, the Warriors in Game 3 would be without two players averaging more than 50 points combined in the postseason, and their scoring and defensive presence is impossible to replace. That would put them in a tough spot, needing to rely on replacements who aren’t familiar with, or quite capable of, carrying that amount of minutes with impact.

Yes, it’s true the Warriors finished Game 2 without either player and managed to win. Yet, no disrespect to the champs, that’s a big chore to do for four full quarters and against a solid defensive team like the Raptors.

Even if Thompson plays, will he be healthy enough to supply the energy and flexibility needed to perform his usual top-notch defense and running through screens for his jumper?

“If I can just be out there even at 80 percent, I still think I can be very effective,” Thompson said. “From the progress I've made these last two days, I'm very encouraged that I'll be able to go out there. As long as nothing is torn or really injured, I'm not too fearful of it because, knock on wood, I've been very blessed with not very many traumatic injuries in my career. I don't think this one is of greatest concern. It's just the day and age we live in where little things can just grow to be big problems, but I don't think this will be one of them.”

How would a diminished or missing Thompson affect the Warriors? Basically, Stephen Curry could not afford to be anything less than MVP-ish. He’d see double-and triple-teams thrown his way by the Raptors, causing him to take tougher shots than normal. In that situation, as the Warriors’ only volume scorer and shooter, Curry could feel overwhelmed and force the issue.

Cousins would be required to ratchet up his shooting and intensity on offense, but will he stay clear of foul trouble, which would put a crimp in his playing time?

Finally, the Warriors would lean more on Shaun Livingston, Draymond Green, Andre Iguodala and Quinn Cook than normal. Cook made a pair of important shots in Game 2 after Thompson limped off and could be an X-factor (or at least he’d need to be for Golden State’s sake).

“Our team is very adaptable,” Kerr said. “We have a lot of versatility. What it requires is bench players being ready to step up, like they always are, and guys just playing hard and playing together. I think you have to be fearless, too, which our team is. You can't worry about anything. You just go out there and play and compete and let it fly and whatever happens, happens.”

And then there’s Toronto. A weakened or missing Thompson would be an opportunity they simply couldn’t afford to blow. Rarely does a gift like this present itself in The Finals and the Raptors must seize it if it happens.

In such a situation, the Raptors would be wise to occupy Curry and dare others to produce for four quarters. If Thompson plays, they’d be best to take advantage by running him ragged through screens on defense, putting that hamstring to the test. That would be one less player with high defensive credentials for Kawhi Leonard to deal with.

Assuming that scoring will be an issue for the Warriors, the Raptors must get a bounce-back game from Pascal Siakam (who regressed from 32 points to 12) and more punch from Kyle Lowry (six baskets total for the series) to make it tough if not impossible for the Warriors to keep up.

If the Raptors have any shot at winning this title, they must win at least one game at Oracle, and from a practical standpoint, Game 3 is the most inviting. They may never see the Warriors this vulnerable, this ripe for the taking again.

“I think we come into a sense of urgency, period,” said Lowry, “no matter the situation. We want to be the first to four, and every game is an urgent game. You're in the NBA Finals, so it doesn't matter. They still have professional basketball players down there, and they're really talented basketball players. So you still got to be ready to go out there and play your butt off and play hard.”

The Warriors do not feel the same level of urgency because they’re not down 0-2, and the next two games are at home, and the core group is championship tested. As they demonstrated in Game 2, they don’t get rattled by tense championship games, even with Thompson and Durant off the floor.

They also know, or at least feel strongly, that Thompson and Durant will suit up soon.

“If there’s pain, it will be a no-go (for Game 3) because of the position we’re in,” Thompson said. “This could be a longer series, so there's no point in trying to go out there and re-aggravate it and potentially keep myself out of the whole entire Finals instead of just one game.”

The Warriors might not get much sympathy from a basketball world that perhaps feel the champs are finally getting their just due. Everyone saw them play the 2015 Finals against the Cleveland Cavaliers without Kevin Love and all but one game without Kyrie Irving. In the 2017 Western Conference finals, Leonard, then with the San Antonio Spurs, went down after lighting it up for most of Game 1. And how can anyone forget Chris Paul missing the Houston Rockets' final two games of the 2018 West finals?

Not saying those were the reasons for three championships in four years; still, all of those misfortunes suffered by others favored the Warriors.

But who’s keeping score?

“There's a certain amount of luck involved with this, and we know that,” Kerr said. “We have been on both sides of that. Some of our opponents have suffered injuries. We have suffered injuries. It's just part of the deal. You just keep pushing forward.”

Comment

• Mullin, Hardaway reflect on 'Run TMC,' laud today's Warriors
                              June 5, 2019
                              By The Associated Press

SAN RAMON, Calif. (AP) Chris Mullin and Tim Hardaway spent two seasons as teammates at Oracle Arena, back when it was called the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Arena.

The nostalgia is flooding back this week.

The Golden State Warriors' era in Oakland is ending. Only two or three games remain, starting with Game 3 of the NBA Finals against the Toronto Raptors on Wednesday night. And when Mullin and Hardaway - two-thirds of the team's famed ''Run TMC'' trio from 1989 through 1991 - reunited to appear at a Warriors' youth summer camp, they couldn't help but reflect on what the building has meant.

''It's always time for change,'' Hardaway said. ''You knew it was going to come at some particular time. It's here and now.''

The Warriors move across the bay from Oakland to San Francisco next season and start playing their games at the glistening new Chase Center, a building that will open in about three months. When the team started installing the first seats at the new building, Hardaway was there for the ceremony.

Mullin is still the only Warriors player to have 15 field goals in a game while posting a triple-double in the building now called Oracle. He said it is fitting to send the building out with a finals run.

''I think it brings back a lot of great memories,'' Mullin said. ''The incredible loyal fan base in Oakland and Oracle Arena. I think we have to be really proud and happy for how this thing's closing out, right? ... Change is inevitable, it brings a lot of different emotions, but the only thing we can (do) here is celebrate.''

Mullin and Hardaway still don't disagree on all that much, including the current state of the Warriors. Win or lose these NBA Finals, they say the Warriors have already become a dynasty.

''This is one of the best teams ever put together,'' Hardaway said.

Said Mullin: ''They're already a dynasty, up there with the greatest teams of all time. Going to five NBA Finals in a row hasn't been done since Bill Russell's Celtics. That, right there - that was a dynasty, this is a dynasty.''

They would have preferred to have the entirety of Run TMC at the camp with them - Mitch Richmond was tending to a business matter in China, Mullin told the campers. But they had plenty of stories to regale the kids with: Mullin said there was no player he learned more from than Hardaway, and Hardaway recalled how he watched Mullin shoot for two hours without missing once.

They were together for the 1989-90 and 1990-91 seasons, Hardaway's first two in the NBA. Their run ended when the Warriors traded Richmond to Sacramento.

But ''Run TMC'' remains part of Warriors' lore.

''We're blessed, Tim and I and Mitch to have been able to stay together, stay close friends, pretty much our whole lives,'' Mullin said. ''We often look back and we smile. We've got great memories together. Of course, we wanted it to last longer but we cherish the times we were together and we're able to share it with each other and the greatest fans in the world.''

Comment

• WEDNESDAY, JUNE 5
                                GAME TIME(ET) PICK UNITS

TOR at GS

GS -3.0

U 211.5

Comment

Working...
                                X