Is Tony Romo a Top 7 QB in the NFL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Tony Romo a Top 7 QB in the NFL?

Been having this debate up here for about a year now with some people.

Just curious as to what you guys think?
    Yes
    34.78%
    No
    65.22%

No way. He hasn't done anything. Brady, Manning, Rivers, Rodgers, Brees, even Vick is better. Romo can't be better than Ben Roeth. I'd say he's in the next tier with Schaub, Ryan, and Eli Manning

Comment

I think we could all give a 100 reasons why we voted no. I just want to hear some of the reasons why someone would vote yes. 0 yes 3 no so that could take a while.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner View Post
        No way. He hasn't done anything. Brady, Manning, Rivers, Rodgers, Brees, even Vick is better. Romo can't be better than Ben Roeth. I'd say he's in the next tier with Schaub, Ryan, and Eli Manning
        Not being a homer but Ryan belongs with those top guys IMO. Maybe not a top 5 but he's not a Matt Schaub either

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
          Not being a homer but Ryan belongs with those top guys IMO. Maybe not a top 5 but he's not a Matt Schaub either
          He doesn't belong with Brees, Manning, Brady and Rodgers. I don't even think you can really compare him to Roethesberger. He's comparable to Vick though.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner View Post
            Until Ben, you had only named 6 guys. Ben was one of the guys who are much debated by many in this question. Many think the rings were won because of defense and think he played badly in those games. Most say no quickly but when they start naming guys, right around 6 or 7 it gets dicey.

For the record, i voted no.

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
              not being a homer but ryan belongs with those top guys imo. Maybe not a top 5 but he's not a matt schaub either
              "Matty Ice!!!!!!!"

Comment

I'd rather have Ryan Leaf than Tony Romo

signed,

Wade Phillips
                He who wears diaper knows his shit - Confucius

Comment

I have him being tue 7th best fantasy qb

remember fantasy is a lot different than saying he is the 7th best qb in the league.

Matt ryan has a great winning pct and is everything a great qb needs to be problem is inside the 10 michael turner gets the rushing re most of the time so he does not get credit for a tx pass.

Rink was on pace for 4,200 yards and 27td last year before breaking his collar bone.

Fantasy have him 7th just because his lack of having a stud rb
                  MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
                  HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                  0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

MY TOP 7

Rodgers
                    Vick
                    Breesd
                    Peyton
                    Rivers
                    Brady
                    Romo
                    HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                    0-0TOP PLAYS

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

The key to putting up great fantasy numbers at QB relies on having a bad running back.Great example Matt schaub was a top 5 QB on everyone's list par year but then Brian Foster started dominating running the ball and all of a sudden the QB and we for Houston performed bad in all of fantasy last year.That is why I have Romo at 7
                      HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                      0-0TOP PLAYS

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

I'd like to say yes,but I have my doubts,especially coming off shoulder surgery.I like the guy's story,undrafted from small school,raised by a single mom,etc..When he gets pressure,he makes bad decisions.Im a Cowboy fan,but he scares the hell out of me.I'd take Rapelisburger anyday.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Country 5 View Post
                          I'd like to say yes,but I have my doubts,especially coming off shoulder surgery.I like the guy's story,undrafted from small school,raised by a single mom,etc..When he gets pressure,he makes bad decisions.Im a Cowboy fan,but he scares the hell out of me.I'd take Rapelisburger anyday.
                          He was having a great year before he got hurt.Remember fantasy is the question here.If the cowboys are down 2td Romo will be throwing alot more getting u fantasy points.Rapelisburger gets a lot of 19-16 wins because of the defense and they play alot of time possession offense meaning run the ball give our defense a break and play field position.
                          HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                          0-0TOP PLAYS

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Originally posted by tech fan View Post
                            Remember fantasy is the question here.
                            NO that wasnt the question. Question WAS is he a top 7 QB? HELL NO and I cant believe you would rather have Romo over Ryan.

Comment

3 people actually voted yes, that's astonishing!

Comment

Working...
                              X