President's Tuesday Speech to the Nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
    Dems really are stupid as shit. Montes whole "republicans are committing treason" thread and Bw's last post STILL blaming Bush just shows how dumb that side is. You morons want blank checks and y'all are the idiots bringing this country down
    Yes us all want blank checks, that's genius. Do some research on the debit limit, and who raised it in history. What's idiotic is to try to say Bush doesn't have any responsibility for what's going on. We didn't just start over when Obama took office. Once the Bush tax cuts are over and troops are home, the major cause for the debit, I'll stop blaming the guy that is responsible for it.

Comment

Blame Obama for not doing a good job of turning the debit around, that's fair. Bashing him from day one and acting like the alternative was better after we just dealt with that joker, made no sense.

At least these jackholes figured out something, so we didn't default.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Country 5 View Post
        The truth is......the rich pay most of the taxes.Inform yourself!

Originally posted by BigWeiner View Post
        Of course they do, and that's exactly why the tax cuts killed us. I think we were all well informed on that
        Apparently you are not well informed on that. Even with the Bush tax cuts (for the middle class more than for the rich), the top 5 percent (rich) earners pay over half the tax, and half the country pays no taxes at all (and many of these get government welfare entitlements).

It is the half of the country that pay no income tax that don't pay their fair share.
        sigpic

Comment

Thats a joke. Liberals didn't run up the debit for programs, the debit is still going up from the bush tax cuts and the war. The debit is snowballing because of the interest, but bush and cheney got all this going.
          The debt is up because of government spending.

Obama in three years has increased the debt three times as much as Bush in eight years.

Obama's debt increase since he took office is more than all previous presidents combined.

Obama's health care program will ruin this country - it will cost much more than before.

Bush's contribution to the debt pales in comparison.
          sigpic

Comment

Yes us all want blank checks, that's genius. Do some research on the debit limit, and who raised it in history. What's idiotic is to try to say Bush doesn't have any responsibility for what's going on. We didn't just start over when Obama took office. Once the Bush tax cuts are over and troops are home, the major cause for the debit, I'll stop blaming the guy that is responsible for it.
            See the previous post - Bush's contribution to the debt is very little compared to Obama's contribution.
            sigpic

Comment

Blame Obama for not doing a good job of turning the debit around, that's fair. Bashing him from day one and acting like the alternative was better after we just dealt with that joker, made no sense.

At least these jackholes figured out something, so we didn't default.
              Default would never had happened, even if the debt ceiling was not increased. Default was a lie - a scare tactic by Obama and his idiot supporters, widely spread by the liberal media.

Raising the debt ceiling only allows Obama to borrow more money to spend - it has nothing to do with default.

The compromise deal is terrible and likely will result in a credit downgrade for the USA. Not only prices of goods, but interest will go up, and our current economic woes will continue in our current Obama depression.

This is Obama's doing, not Bush's.

Cut, cap and balance, advocated by the Tea Party, is the only thing that could have helped us at this point.
              sigpic

Comment

I am sooooo tired of feeling compelled to spend so very much time on Washington issues. It is really affecting my business and my personal life…so much so, I had decided yesterday that I have to give this up and do what I have to to take care of the business and myself. I’ve gotten to the point in the recent two weeks that I’m spending over eight hours a day trying to keep up with the crap the pols are trying to shove down our throats and I just can’t keep doing that.

And then, last night I couldn’t turn it off and decided to find out what is in this wonderful compromise that the media seems to think is THE ANSWER. Bullcrap, folks, we Conservatives are being SCREWED!!! IN the next day or so, you will see a lot of MSM reports that the TP has won this debt debate. Again, bullcrap. The left and the MSM will be putting this out so that, they hope, many of the vocal TPers and Conservatives, who share our ideals, but not necessarily the level of our knowledge and involvement we have on this issue, many of these folks will accept the “win”, stop paying any attention, and move on living their lives. This is AN ORCHESTRATED PLAN ON THE PART OF THE LEFT AND THE MSM! Do not, for one second, believe that this compromise is anything like a win for us. IN fact, as I will discuss below, is a MAJOR WIN for Obama and his Progressives.

Remember the three factors that would constitute a win for TP Nation: i) No extension of the ceiling through the elections; ii) Significant spending cuts NOW, not ten years out, and; iii) No tax increase.

The current bill is a DEFEAT for us in conditions i), ii) and iii). Briefly,
                i) This extends the debt ceiling through 2012
                ii) The spending cut involves $1 TRILLION in identified cuts (only of which $8 BILLION is saved in the next year, the rest will be “saved” in 2015-2018 (in all likelihood). Before the end of this year, a 12 member COMMITTEE (again) will identify an additional $1.4 TRILLION in spending cuts (these are cuts, not from current levels, but from projected levels and will probably apply to spending outside of the next five years). This committee will recommend the cuts it proposes and then those cuts will go to Congress. Each chamber will have to vote on the list of cuts, exactly as presented…no changes permitted. If the cuts do not pas in both chambers, the required $1.4 TRILLION in cuts will automatically be cut, predominately, from the DEFENSE BUDGET (likely around $500 BILLION) and from cuts to MEDICARE.
                iii) The additional $1.4 TRILLION in cuts can be from actual reduced spending, or they can come from “a reduction in Tax Code expenditures”!!!! ALERT- As we have seen in the forked tongue dialogue in Washington, “reduction of Tax Code expenditures” means, very literally, TAX INCREASES!!!! Do NOT underestimate the significance of this!!!

I admire the efforts that Boehner has made to represent us, and we have to recognize how difficult his job has been. That being said, we have been completely SOLD OUT! Basically, BO has gotten everything in this bill that he could possibly have wanted. The shame of this is not that we now have to HOPE that enough Conservatives in the House and Senate vote this POS down, but that Boehner screwed this up. THE MISTAKE THAT WAS MADE WAS IN THE PRIVATE NEGOTIATIONS THAT BOHNER HAD WITH THE WH AND THE OTHER LEADERSHIP. HE’S NOW BOUGHT INTO A DEAL THAT SCREWS AMERICA, AN “AGREEMENT” WAS ANNOUNCED SUNDAY, AND NOW HE HAS MADE IT TREMENDOUSLY MORE DIFFICULT ON THE TPers IN CONGRESS. TOMORROW’S HEADLINES: “RADICAL HOUSE TPers TORPEDO BILL THAT HAD BIPARTISAN SUPPORT”…Nice freakin work John!

Call Washington, tell ‘em we’re still here, and tell ‘em that you know more about what’s going on with this bill than they do!

Comment

Agree with umreb78 above.

The plunge in the DOW today shows how bad the compromise will hurt our economy - not enough cuts in spending and no balanced budget requirement.

We will lose our good credit rating and then the crap hits the propeller.

The only salvation for this county is the Tea Party, but the Marxist progressives will continue to mobilize the parasites looking for handouts (including unions and lawyers, and companies like GE which pay no taxes because of their green-movement "pixie dust" energy plans) and tax and spend even more in the future.
                  sigpic

Comment

Wiener, FYI, debit is not the same as debt.
                    NBA is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by Art View Post
                      Default would never had happened, even if the debt ceiling was not increased. Default was a lie - a scare tactic by Obama and his idiot supporters, widely spread by the liberal media.

Raising the debt ceiling only allows Obama to borrow more money to spend - it has nothing to do with default.

The compromise deal is terrible and likely will result in a credit downgrade for the USA. Not only prices of goods, but interest will go up, and our current economic woes will continue in our current Obama depression.

This is Obama's doing, not Bush's.

Cut, cap and balance, advocated by the Tea Party, is the only thing that could have helped us at this point.

Lets just bomb the debt.....

Comment

Originally posted by buddyluv1968 View Post
                        Lets just bomb the debt.....
                        You mean bomb the countries we owe money to.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X