Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wish you were here? President spends $1.5m on his holiday in Hawaii... while the rest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After 4 yrs at the Air Force Academy and nearly 12 yrs Active Duty, the AF is "kicking me out" on 1 March because of the economy and by kicking me out now, the gov't will save money down the road. After giving almost 16 yrs of my life to the AF, they are booting me 8 yrs short of retirement for the simple fact of saving the gov't money. I try to stay rational and not get pissed cuz the AF has given me a lot, but when I read stories like this, I can't help but get extremely pissed off.

I have no political affiliation so this has nothing to do with how I feel about Obama. Bottom line, this kind of disregard for the $ is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by LVJimmy View Post
      After 4 yrs at the Air Force Academy and nearly 12 yrs Active Duty, the AF is "kicking me out" on 1 March because of the economy and by kicking me out now, the gov't will save money down the road. After giving almost 16 yrs of my life to the AF, they are booting me 8 yrs short of retirement for the simple fact of saving the gov't money. I try to stay rational and not get pissed cuz the AF has given me a lot, but when I read stories like this, I can't help but get extremely pissed off. .
      I am sorry to hear this jimmy. I mean that really sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
        I am sorry to hear this jimmy. I mean that really sucks.
        Thx Spark

Comment

you right wingers forget.. the economy is in the way it is cuz of bush he took over with a surpluss and pissed it away to his rich pals . tax breaks and other rich goodies

Comment

Originally posted by BOBBY5ACES View Post
            you right wingers forget.. the economy is in the way it is cuz of bush he took over with a surpluss and pissed it away to his rich pals . tax breaks and other rich goodies
            But didnt Obama just extend the Tax cuts for everyone, including the rich ?
            He who wears diaper knows his shit - Confucius

Comment

How long will it be Bush's fault?

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
                How long will it be Bush's fault?
                Until Al Gore can invent the Wireless connection for the internet

Comment

Originally posted by LVJimmy View Post
                  After 4 yrs at the Air Force Academy and nearly 12 yrs Active Duty, the AF is "kicking me out" on 1 March because of the economy and by kicking me out now, the gov't will save money down the road. After giving almost 16 yrs of my life to the AF, they are booting me 8 yrs short of retirement for the simple fact of saving the gov't money. I try to stay rational and not get pissed cuz the AF has given me a lot, but when I read stories like this, I can't help but get extremely pissed off.

I have no political affiliation so this has nothing to do with how I feel about Obama. Bottom line, this kind of disregard for the $ is ridiculous.
                  Thank you for your service Jim. It is appreciated greatly from this family.

Comment

Originally posted by insidethe8thpol View Post
                    But didnt Obama just extend the Tax cuts for everyone, including the rich ?
                    obama has tripled the national debt in only 2yrs

spend money to help the economy? how's that workin out for ya??? unemployment still at 9.4%.....even though dear leader said it wouldnt go above 8%
                    2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Comment

February 21, 2011

Michelle Obama's big 'sacrifices' on her Vail vacation
                        by Jeannie DeAngelis

It has been almost a month and a half since the Obama family returned from 10 days in Oahu. With all the breastfeeding advice she's been giving out lately, an exhausted First Lady is long overdue for some R & R.

Relinquishing her role as tireless workaholic, Michelle decided to revisit last year's mother/daughter ski trip to the Ski Liberty Resort in Carroll Valley, Pennsylvania. Only this year, the Obama women have taken to the slopes in Vail, Colorado on a "private family trip" accompanied by "several close friends."

When unveiling his budget, Michelle's husband reminded Americans, "Everybody's going to have to give a little bit." The President even suggested: "If you're a family trying to cut back, you might skip going out to dinner, you might put off a vacation."

According to Obama, "Just like every family in America, the federal government has to ... live within its means." Which is exactly what Mrs. Obama is doing, spending time with her daughters at a resort that is much more modest than she's used to.

Actually, the whole excursion to Vail Mountain is one of self-sacrifice. According to administration officials, the First Lady and friends are merely "chaperoning...children on a ski trip," otherwise Michelle would likely be home hunkered down, tirelessly working in the "Let's Move" office of the White House.

On a tight budget, the ski trip is but a few steps above a school-sponsored field trip. The chaperones are staying at the Sebastian Hotel, where lodging starts at "$605 per night ... and head north of $2,000 for multi-bedroom suites." Those rates are certainly more modest than the $6,600 a night Mrs. Obama was rumored to have spent at the Hotel Villa Padierna in Costa del Sol.

The Sebastian touts "spas, a Frost Bar, a Market for nibbles, a mountain-view pool, hot tubs and a fire pit." A bevy of ski valets assist patrons "into warm boots and out onto the mountain," which is just the kind of pared-down amenity that penny-pinchers across America can easily relate to.

Michelle arrived with "A motorcade of about a dozen vehicles, including 15 state and local law enforcement officers, traveled from the Eagle County Regional Airport to Vail...Roads were temporarily blocked to make way for the motorcade."

Despite the extravagant entourage, when it comes to frugality Mrs. Obama is a pro. A flight from DC to Colorado is 1,700 miles and takes approximately 3 hours. Although the First Lady usually employs a large Air Force jet to ferry her from vacation spot to vacation spot, this time she answered the call to live within the Obama family means in the following way: To save money, instead of Air Force One, which costs about $100,000 per hour to fly, Michelle chose a less expensive jet.

Not including the weight of ski equipment, a fair guesstimation would be that the Michelle Vail Vacation one-way flight cost much less than what would otherwise have set the American taxpayer back $300,000.

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry View Post
                          obama has tripled the national debt in only 2yrs

spend money to help the economy? how's that workin out for ya??? unemployment still at 9.4%.....even though dear leader said it wouldnt go above 8%
                          Here you go ...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
                            February 21, 2011

Michelle Obama's big 'sacrifices' on her Vail vacation
                            by Jeannie DeAngelis

It has been almost a month and a half since the Obama family returned from 10 days in Oahu. With all the breastfeeding advice she's been giving out lately, an exhausted First Lady is long overdue for some R & R.

Relinquishing her role as tireless workaholic, Michelle decided to revisit last year's mother/daughter ski trip to the Ski Liberty Resort in Carroll Valley, Pennsylvania. Only this year, the Obama women have taken to the slopes in Vail, Colorado on a "private family trip" accompanied by "several close friends."

When unveiling his budget, Michelle's husband reminded Americans, "Everybody's going to have to give a little bit." The President even suggested: "If you're a family trying to cut back, you might skip going out to dinner, you might put off a vacation."

According to Obama, "Just like every family in America, the federal government has to ... live within its means." Which is exactly what Mrs. Obama is doing, spending time with her daughters at a resort that is much more modest than she's used to.

Actually, the whole excursion to Vail Mountain is one of self-sacrifice. According to administration officials, the First Lady and friends are merely "chaperoning...children on a ski trip," otherwise Michelle would likely be home hunkered down, tirelessly working in the "Let's Move" office of the White House.

On a tight budget, the ski trip is but a few steps above a school-sponsored field trip. The chaperones are staying at the Sebastian Hotel, where lodging starts at "$605 per night ... and head north of $2,000 for multi-bedroom suites." Those rates are certainly more modest than the $6,600 a night Mrs. Obama was rumored to have spent at the Hotel Villa Padierna in Costa del Sol.

The Sebastian touts "spas, a Frost Bar, a Market for nibbles, a mountain-view pool, hot tubs and a fire pit." A bevy of ski valets assist patrons "into warm boots and out onto the mountain," which is just the kind of pared-down amenity that penny-pinchers across America can easily relate to.

Michelle arrived with "A motorcade of about a dozen vehicles, including 15 state and local law enforcement officers, traveled from the Eagle County Regional Airport to Vail...Roads were temporarily blocked to make way for the motorcade."

Despite the extravagant entourage, when it comes to frugality Mrs. Obama is a pro. A flight from DC to Colorado is 1,700 miles and takes approximately 3 hours. Although the First Lady usually employs a large Air Force jet to ferry her from vacation spot to vacation spot, this time she answered the call to live within the Obama family means in the following way: To save money, instead of Air Force One, which costs about $100,000 per hour to fly, Michelle chose a less expensive jet.

Not including the weight of ski equipment, a fair guesstimation would be that the Michelle Vail Vacation one-way flight cost much less than what would otherwise have set the American taxpayer back $300,000.
                            Not to mention that the fat bitch was seen eating ribs and fries in vail while she tells the rest of the people to eat veggies. She's as stupid as her husband

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
                              Not to mention that the fat bitch was seen eating ribs and fries in vail while she tells the rest of the people to eat veggies. She's as stupid as her husband
                              For the record,fat ass did eat a salad with her ribs

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
                                Michelle Obama says: Get healthy. Cut out fat, sugar, salt
                                Michelle Obama is urging the nation's largest food companies to speed up efforts to make healthier foods and reduce marketing of unhealthy foods to children.

The first lady has talked to schools and nutrition groups across the country in her effort to reduce childhood obesity. This is the first time she has confronted the food companies that make the snacks and junk food that stuff grocery aisles and school vending machines.

Michelle Obama to Restaurants: Cut Fat

First Lady Michelle Obama gave the restaurant industry some cooking advice today: a little less butter and cream, and hold the fries.

Obama gave her first address to the National Restaurant Association, the industry’s main lobby, since she made fighting childhood obesity her signature cause.

Her message contained the most pointed remarks yet to an industry widely viewed as a main contributor to the nation’s expanding waste lines and rising diabetes rates.

Anti-obesity crusader Michelle Obama feasts on ribs during pricey family vacation

Michelle Obama feasted on ribs while on her skiing holiday.

The First Lady, who has spearheaded a campaign to change American eating habits, ate ancho-chile short ribs (141 fat grams per serving) from a restaurant next to her luxury ski hotel in Vail, Colorado.

The Obamas have already come under fire for the vacation, with the President accused of double standards after appealing for Americans to sacrifice their holidays just days before his wife and children went on the costly skiing trip.

First Lady Michelle Obama and daughters Malia and Sasha are on the ‘private family trip’ for Presidents' Day Weekend.

The first lady went to Restaurant Kelly Liken in Vail Village on Saturday night, dining on a braised ancho-chile short rib with hominy wild mushrooms, the Vail Daily reported.

Chef and owner Kelly Liken said: 'Yes, it's true, the first lady dined at our restaurant tonight and seemed to really enjoy it.'

Comment

Working...
                                X