New claims for unemployment aid reach 484K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vitterd View Post
    I was mentioning the tax cuts as a seperate issue from unemployment... i was referring to the overall mess bush created... not just unemployment.. i should have made that more clear

Time will tell what will happen when the stim money runs out... maybe by that time things will be better for some states.... but whats the alternative.... leave these people who are unable to get good paying jobs just run out? You dont think that will lead to more crime and more people being homeless? Sometimes i dont think you can worry about what happens somewhere down the road... u gotta give people relief now
    Time is ticking for states as this little boost just passed was already factored in to most, if not all, state budgets. And there's interest on that money.

I don't claim to have the answer to solve the unemployment problem. That is why we elect representatives. And this president prmoised/scared everyone unemployment would top 8% w/o stim plan. Topped out at 10% with stim plan and who knows where it is headed. That, imo, presents a VERY scary impression that NO ONE knows the answer/solutions. If there even are any. But the SUPPOSED experts haven't delivered. Short term or long term.

Manufacturing is just about toast. We are more of a service economy. It is almost like we need to start from scratch. I know that is impossible, but this tinkering isn't doing the job either.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamaicanman View Post
      Time is ticking for states as this little boost just passed was already factored in to most, if not all, state budgets. And there's interest on that money.

I don't claim to have the answer to solve the unemployment problem. That is why we elect representatives. And this president prmoised/scared everyone unemployment would top 8% w/o stim plan. Topped out at 10% with stim plan and who knows where it is headed. That, imo, presents a VERY scary impression that NO ONE knows the answer/solutions. If there even are any. But the SUPPOSED experts haven't delivered. Short term or long term.

Manufacturing is just about toast. We are more of a service economy. It is almost like we need to start from scratch. I know that is impossible, but this tinkering isn't doing the job either.
      I just dont know if the other side has many more appealing options... as much as everyone says the dems have botched this polls are still showing american people want dems to handle the economy before republicans

im not sure anyone, including dems, have the right answers right now but sitting back while people suffer is just not gonna work either...
      Fire BAS and Hache Man. Don't forget Wayne1218 is a piece of garbage. Fest zit a total fraud still talks about me. You Trump voters tired of winning yet? Lmao

Comment

By the way... a real treat for some of you... i am leaving for new york tonight... going to phillies on sat and then sun night at citi field... heading to atl city from there till tuesday.... sorry to disappoint all of you but i prob wont be checking in much ...if at all... i know.. i know.. settle down
        Fire BAS and Hache Man. Don't forget Wayne1218 is a piece of garbage. Fest zit a total fraud still talks about me. You Trump voters tired of winning yet? Lmao

Comment

Originally posted by vitterd View Post
          I just dont know if the other side has many more appealing options... as much as everyone says the dems have botched this polls are still showing american people want dems to handle the economy before republicans

im not sure anyone, including dems, have the right answers right now but sitting back while people suffer is just not gonna work either...
          I really don't think that people have the attention span, nor the time/energy, to delve into things issue by issue. I would think people who have a job are concentrating on doing everything to keep it, and people who don't are concentrating on either getting a job and/or surviving day to day;week to week. I doubt they are looking at how much the tax cuts to upper income workers will add to the deficit next year alone. I doubt they remember the 8% promise.

The narratives and comparisons, imo, are going to be;

Dem...do you want to go "backwards..these people alone got us into all these messes,reps with no ideas, party of no/obstruction, in pocket of biz/oil/ etc...I doubt they will run on their "accomplishments"

Rep...govt takeovers (HC,auto,financial,etc), bailouts and payback to unions...economy/unemployment sucks and Dems promised answers and haven't delivered, only making matters worse, are you better off since Dems took Congress in 06 and WH in 08, illegal immigration and deficit (capitalizing on anger and fears)

Comment

Working...
          X