Bill Gates Gets Behind Obama's Plan To Tax Biggest Banks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grandmama View Post
    it would be a better analogy, but nothing in our history has really ever compared to the bailouts the banks/ wall street recieved the past two years. the problem is that we didn't learn from our mistakes; some of these banks are still too big to fail.
    You got that right. One of the biggest mistakes of 1999 was the deregulation of the industry. I remember State Farm Insurance was making car loans and JP Morgan was allowed to start making mortgage loans. That was the beginning of the melt down

Comment

Originally posted by Guns View Post
      You got that right. One of the biggest mistakes of 1999 was the deregulation of the industry. I remember State Farm Insurance was making car loans and JP Morgan was allowed to start making mortgage loans. That was the beginning of the melt down

your right, I like to refer to it as "Unbridled Cowboy Capitalism." All they were concerned with was short term profits.
      "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." -Mark Twain

Comment

your right, I like to refer to it as "Unbridled Cowboy Capitalism." All they were concerned with was short term profits.
        Clinton was president, and I believe Republicans held a 8-10 seat majority.

Next came the biggest decade of greed since the roaring 20's.
        We all know what happened next

Comment

the banks were not forced to take the bailouts. they were begging for them back in Dec of 2007.

that is completely not true!

some banks needed money, but not all. they were all forced to take the money so the ones that needed the money didn't look week and people started to withdraw all their money.
          “A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."

Gerald Ford

Comment

Originally posted by husker View Post
            that is completely not true!

some banks needed money, but not all. they were all forced to take the money so the ones that needed the money didn't look week and people started to withdraw all their money.

Comment

Working...
            X