Bill Gates Gets Behind Obama's Plan To Tax Biggest Banks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Gates Gets Behind Obama's Plan To Tax Biggest Banks

In an interview with George Stephanopoulos on ABC's "Good Morning America" today, Bill Gates threw his support behind President Obama's economic policies, including his plan to levy a new tax on Wall Street banks.

Gates, who recently wrote on his Twitter account that "taxes on an industry are often bad," said that the bloated federal budget, which he called "very, very out of balance," necessitated bold government action, likely including tax increases:

"Without changes in taxes or entitlement policies, it won't get back into balance. Taxes are going to have to go up and entitlements are going to have to be moderated."
    He said that while his views typically align with Berkshire Hathaway CEO Warren Buffett, the bank fee is a "rare case" in which his opinion diverged from that of his friend.

"Ninety-nine percent of the time I'll agree with Warren. He's a great guide for me. I think we see it differently."
    Gates told Stephanopoulos that "everybody's frustrated by the pace of the recovery," but reiterated his expectation, detailed in his annual letter, that the economy will take "years of digging out." From Gates's letter:

Although the acute financial crisis is over, the economy is still weak, and the world will spend a lot of years undoing the damage, which includes lingering unemployment and huge government deficits and debts at record levels.
    Watch the full clip below:

Bill Gates Gets Behind Obama's Plan To Tax Biggest Banks (VIDEO)

Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
    In an interview with George Stephanopoulos on ABC's "Good Morning America" today, Bill Gates threw his support behind President Obama's economic policies, including his plan to levy a new tax on Wall Street banks.

Gates, who recently wrote on his Twitter account that "taxes on an industry are often bad," said that the bloated federal budget, which he called "very, very out of balance," necessitated bold government action, likely including tax increases:

"Without changes in taxes or entitlement policies, it won't get back into balance. Taxes are going to have to go up and entitlements are going to have to be moderated."
    He said that while his views typically align with Berkshire Hathaway CEO Warren Buffett, the bank fee is a "rare case" in which his opinion diverged from that of his friend.

"Ninety-nine percent of the time I'll agree with Warren. He's a great guide for me. I think we see it differently."
    Gates told Stephanopoulos that "everybody's frustrated by the pace of the recovery," but reiterated his expectation, detailed in his annual letter, that the economy will take "years of digging out." From Gates's letter:

Although the acute financial crisis is over, the economy is still weak, and the world will spend a lot of years undoing the damage, which includes lingering unemployment and huge government deficits and debts at record levels.
    Watch the full clip below:

Bill Gates Gets Behind Obama's Plan To Tax Biggest Banks (VIDEO)
    I always knew Gates was a genius....This just proves it. Instead of trying to say everything is bad and the country is going to hell, he sees the optimistic side of it all.

KAZ
    [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

notice only 2 libs have responded
      jordanrules..................

Comment

Gates says the Governement is bloated, then says tax increases are necessary.............genius
        NBA is a joke

Comment

i wonder if he would agree if computer software co's were singled out for higher taxes?
          “A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."

Gerald Ford

Comment

why is it that libs only talk about bankers getting huge pay and bonuses? What about movie stars? Many make 20million plus per movie. where is the outcry against them? Oh wait they are libs so making that kinda coin is totally fine. i forgot my bad. i apologize
            2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry View Post
              why is it that libs only talk about bankers getting huge pay and bonuses? What about movie stars? Many make 20million plus per movie. where is the outcry against them? Oh wait they are libs so making that kinda coin is totally fine. i forgot my bad. i apologize
              jordanrules..................

Comment

We dont make 1 penny. We give all of our money to Hugo Chavez

signed,

Danny Glover

&

Sean Penn
                He who wears diaper knows his shit - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by KazDog View Post
                  I always knew Gates was a genius....This just proves it. Instead of trying to say everything is bad and the country is going to hell, he sees the optimistic side of it all.

KAZ
                  He's a genius

Bill and Melinda Gates have set up a billion dollar scholarship to help lower income youths with college, but if you're a white teenager, don't bother applying.

"Students are eligible to be considered for a (Gates Millennium Scholarship) if they: Are African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian and Pacific Islander American, or Hispanic American;"
                  He who wears diaper knows his shit - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by insidethe8thpol View Post
                    He's a genius

Bill and Melinda Gates have set up a billion dollar scholarship to help lower income youths with college, but if you're a white teenager, don't bother applying.

"Students are eligible to be considered for a (Gates Millennium Scholarship) if they: Are African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian and Pacific Islander American, or Hispanic American;"

i would love to see someone do the same thing for lower income white americans, and see the screaming coming from the usual clowns. then have it go to the supreme court.
                    “A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."

Gerald Ford

Comment

last time I checked we didn't bailout Hollywood.
                      "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." -Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by grandmama View Post
                        last time I checked we didn't bailout Hollywood.
                        last time i checked many of the nations top banks were forced to take bailout $$$ and on top of that all the major banks that took money have already paid the funds back. So why tax them?

if i let you borrow $100 and you and I agree that you will pay me back $110 and you do is it ok for me to say well now because i lent you $100 at one point now you owe me $10 fee on top of the $110 you already paid me back?
                        2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

last time i checked many of the nations top banks were forced to take bailout $$$ and on top of that all the major banks that took money have already paid the funds back. So why tax them?

if i let you borrow $100 and you and I agree that you will pay me back $110 and you do is it ok for me to say well now because i lent you $100 at one point now you owe me $10 fee on top of the $110 you already paid me back?
                          the banks were not forced to take the bailouts. they were begging for them back in Dec of 2007. your argument was why isn't there any outcry in regards of actors making tons of cash? it wasn't a good analogy. no big deal.
                          "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." -Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by grandmama View Post
                            the banks were not forced to take the bailouts. they were begging for them back in Dec of 2007. your argument was why isn't there any outcry in regards of actors making tons of cash? it wasn't a good analogy. no big deal.
                            A better analogy would be the auto industry and how that money was spent

Comment

Originally posted by Guns View Post
                              A better analogy would be the auto industry and how that money was spent
                              it would be a better analogy, but nothing in our history has really ever compared to the bailouts the banks/ wall street recieved the past two years. the problem is that we didn't learn from our mistakes; some of these banks are still too big to fail.

Comment

Working...
                              X