IF President Bush....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IF President Bush....

If President Bush stayed in Hawaii for 11 days over Christmas, through an attempted terrorist attack on 230 souls would he be chastised by the news media?

Come to think of it, if President Bush vacationed in Hawaii for 11 days ON THE TAX PAYERS DIME (when most Americans chose to stay home rather than travel to their families over Christmas because they could not afford it) while the country was still climbing out of a recession, would he be criticized by the media? Where did President Bush vacation during holidays? His ranch in Texas.

If President Bush had failed to send relief aid to flood victims
    throughout the Midwest with more people killed or made homeless than in
    New Orleans, would you want it made into a major ongoing political issue
    with claims of racism and incompetence?

If President Bush had proposed to double the national debt, which had
    taken more than two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you have
    approved?

If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing
    videos of his speeches, would you have thought this embarrassingly
    narcissistic and tacky?

If the rest of the world was to respect us more when President Obama was elected into office, then why have we already had one terrorist attack and one attempted attack by muslim extremists 14 months into his administration?
    5* 0-0
    4* 0-0
    3* 1-0
    2* 1-0
    1* 0-1

God Bless America

To win :1* unit = $100

right on the money!

people are finally seeing that the anointed one doesn't really have any clothes on, and it is showing in all the polls and the desperation to get things passed before the next election.
    “A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."

Gerald Ford

Comment

wasnt there one tool on this forum that said the Media reports thing fair??????????
      where is that guy now??????
      that was the most absurd comment ive ever read in my life!
      jordanrules..................

Comment

Kaz, care to respond?

Comment

not one Liberal comment........................................... .

Comment

where are all the LIBS???????

Comment

I'll respond.
              Re:
              "If the rest of the world was to respect us more when President Obama was elected into office, then why have we already had one terrorist attack and one attempted attack by muslim extremists 14 months into his administration?"

That might be the most brainless statement that was ever made by the Republican slime machine that manufactures one of these absurd lists every month.

Because this list began comparing Bush and Obama, then I guess we can assume that you believe that in the first 14 months of Bush's reign of error that we suffered less from terrorist activity than we have in Obama's first 14 months? Wow, that's going to be a really tough sell for many New Yorkers.

By and by, in EVERY western nation (in other words, those that could still be important political allies to the US) there is MUCH greater positive sentiment about the US than there was when the catastrophe that was the Bush administration was alienating the planet and declaring MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. Nobody with a brain EVER said that the terrorist and extremist sects would all love us if Obama took over. That is foolish, but not nearly as foolish as this argument.

If it makes me a "lib" that I would prefer Obama's first 14 months to Bush's first 14 months from a "war on terror" standpoint, than sign me up, because a bothced Fruit-of-the-Loom bomber doesn't seem nearly as bad to me as 9/11.

Comment

Originally posted by TruckeeT View Post
                I'll respond.
                Re:
                "If the rest of the world was to respect us more when President Obama was elected into office, then why have we already had one terrorist attack and one attempted attack by muslim extremists 14 months into his administration?"

That might be the most brainless statement that was ever made by the Republican slime machine that manufactures one of these absurd lists every month.

Because this list began comparing Bush and Obama, then I guess we can assume that you believe that in the first 14 months of Bush's reign of error that we suffered less from terrorist activity than we have in Obama's first 14 months? Wow, that's going to be a really tough sell for many New Yorkers.

By and by, in EVERY western nation (in other words, those that could still be important political allies to the US) there is MUCH greater positive sentiment about the US than there was when the catastrophe that was the Bush administration was alienating the planet and declaring MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. Nobody with a brain EVER said that the terrorist and extremist sects would all love us if Obama took over. That is foolish, but not nearly as foolish as this argument.

If it makes me a "lib" that I would prefer Obama's first 14 months to Bush's first 14 months from a "war on terror" standpoint, than sign me up, because a bothced Fruit-of-the-Loom bomber doesn't seem nearly as bad to me as 9/11.
                Well stated!

KAZ
                [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

They love posting this trash that's sent to them in their email by the Republican propaganda machine. It's designed to hate and fear monger. It has no other intrinsic value.

KAZ
                  [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Originally posted by TruckeeT View Post
                    I'll respond.
                    Re:

yep this makes you a LIB

you are brainwashed like the rest of them............

good luck to ya T

Comment

Originally posted by KazDog View Post
                      They love posting this trash that's sent to them in their email by the Republican propaganda machine. It's designed to hate and fear monger. It has no other intrinsic value.

KAZ

I am not saying that what happened on that Delta Airbus A330 the other day in any way compares to 9-11-2001. The fact is, if you want to dig deeper is that Osama was allowed to run free and plan for his terrorist attacks on Clintons watch. And, I do not need to ask someone in New York City about September 11th or how it compares to the Christmas terrorist attempt because I work in NYC. So I can speak for myself. You know how much flack Bush got for being in front of school children when the attacks occured. Part of what I am saying is that Obama was in Hawaii catching rays with his family and did not so much as to even address the American public, let alone fly back on our B 747 we provide for him.
                      5* 0-0
                      4* 0-0
                      3* 1-0
                      2* 1-0
                      1* 0-1

God Bless America

To win :1* unit = $100

Comment

Originally posted by bwade210 View Post
                        I am not saying that what happened on that Delta Airbus A330 the other day in any way compares to 9-11-2001. The fact is, if you want to dig deeper is that Osama was allowed to run free and plan for his terrorist attacks on Clintons watch. And, I do not need to ask someone in New York City about September 11th or how it compares to the Christmas terrorist attempt because I work in NYC. So I can speak for myself. You know how much flack Bush got for being in front of school children when the attacks occured. Part of what I am saying is that Obama was in Hawaii catching rays with his family and did not so much as to even address the American public, let alone fly back on our B 747 we provide for him.
                        Typical hypocrital bullshit.

If OBAMA(OR AS YOU LIKE TO CALL HIM OSAMA) WAS PRESIDENT DURING 9-11 YOU AND THE REST OF THE RIGHT WINGED PROPAGANDA MACHINE WOULD HAVE MARCHED TO WASHINGTON IN -10 DEGREES WEATHER CALLING FOR HIS HEAD. WOULD YOU HAVE SAID AHHHH IT WAS CLINTONS OR OLD MAN BUSH'S FAULT?????????

Bush had been the president over a year, had the intelligence, had been briefed and did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. So keep blaming clinton, harry reid, nancy pelosi, barack osama obama, and whoever else you can think of........

DURING 9-11 YOU HAD BADASS CHENEY AND BUSH AT THE HELM AND THEY DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AND THEN COULDNT EVEN CATCH BIN LADEN.

If you want to compare some moron who was eventually caught before a tragedy VERSUS 9-11 I WOULD QUESTION YOUR THOUGHT PROCESS AND YOUR OBEJECTIVITY.

Comment

Originally posted by musclemann View Post

If OBAMA(OR AS YOU LIKE TO CALL HIM OSAMA) WAS PRESIDENT DURING 9-11 YOU AND THE REST OF THE RIGHT WINGED PROPAGANDA MACHINE WOULD HAVE MARCHED TO WASHINGTON IN -10 DEGREES WEATHER CALLING FOR HIS HEAD. WOULD YOU HAVE SAID AHHHH IT WAS CLINTONS OR OLD MAN BUSH'S FAULT?????????

Bush had been the president over a year, had the intelligence, had been briefed and did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. So keep blaming clinton, harry reid, nancy pelosi, barack osama obama, and whoever else you can think of........

DURING 9-11 YOU HAD BADASS CHENEY AND BUSH AT THE HELM AND THEY DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AND THEN COULDNT EVEN CATCH BIN LADEN.

If you want to compare some moron who was eventually caught before a tragedy VERSUS 9-11 I WOULD QUESTION YOUR THOUGHT PROCESS AND YOUR OBEJECTIVITY.

Bush was not in office until Jan 20th, 2001.

Therefore, he was in office a little under 8 months, not over a year. Keep it real.

This blame game is stupid really, 9-11 happened and both sides had plenty of blame to go around.

Terrorists were planning this for years before Bush, where was the intelligence??? They attacked the Trade center years before. Wake up people, we will never be friends with these extremists.
                          NBA is a joke

Comment

You always throw out hypothetical questions, so here is one for you.

What if the underwear bomber wasn't an idiot and actually blew up the plane? What would your thoughts be of the President, the intelligence community, and security?

Comment

I don't think BWade ever referred to our president as Osama,,at least not in this thread. He was referring to Bin Laden when he references Osama. He refers to our president as Obama.

No dog in this fight, but in fairness BWade I don't think he meant any disrespect to our president, only disagreement with his policies.

Comment

Working...
                              X