Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Poll: Would you like to have the Politics/Rant Forum Back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KazDog
    Fresno St National Champs

User Lists Last Activity: Today 12:39 PM
    Current Activity: Replying to Thread Forum Poll: Would you like to have the Politics/Rant Forum Back?

This is going to be a novel of epic porportions

War and Peace might be shorter than the book Kaz is writing
    Questions, comments, complaints:
    [email protected]

Comment

• wow the no's have taken a big lead, last night it was only a 2 vote lead
      [email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by jcindaville View Post
        wow the no's have taken a big lead, last night it was only a 2 vote lead
        i think monte is rigging the votes
        jordanrules..................

Comment

• Originally posted by insidethe8thpol View Post
          Maybe they ought to have this as his statue out there instead

ho is the person next to hillary?

Comment

• Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
            Politics are religion with EVERYONE who chooses to debate them in those threads. It isn't just Kaz when it comes to politics guys. If you have jumped in on those, chances are you are guilty too. It is just like Religion when it comes to people and their passion for it. People get pissed at Kaz cause he always has a comeback and they get tired of going back and forth with him.
            I am going to vote yes but with a caveat or two. Of course!

First. I've debated enough politics with people on the internet to know there's little to no way I'm going to change someone by something I write. So it can become a MerryGoRound after a while.

Simply put, this is the internet, you really have no friends because we, for the most part, are faceless when we write or post. It would be one thing if we debated face to face. You can see a smile or get a handshake face to face. We can use our computers to say whatever we want with little or no repercussions. It can become, "who cares what I write or if someone doesn't like me.?"

I've lost more than one 'friend' debating here. There is NO DOUBT in my mind people look at me or think of me differently here because of my politics and debating style, for lack of a better term. I've been called many names by more than just a few, sadly. I like to think that I NEVER revert to calling someone names until they initiate it or throw that first name at me, mostly because that's their only comeback.

I've lost people that I thought would NEVER take a side against me because as I said, it's the internet and you really don't know who your true friends are. Doesn't take long to find out. That's just a lesson learned on my part. Some aren't even on here anymore. Even Two Ton Tony, who I thought could use his wit or brains to comeback, reverted to name calling because the debate was so thick. There is NO DOUBT in my mind that it WILL happen again. It's sad however it always comes to name calling.

What Wayne said above is very true. People are passionate about politics. And people don't like me because I WILL have a comeback for them. As KB once told me, "if you mess with the bull, don't be surprised if you get the horns." I'm not changing who I am for this place or any other for that matter. You either like me for who I am or you do not. I speak my mind freely and Bettorschat won't change that. Don't mistake that for not having an open mind, because I do. If I feel unwanted, I just leave. That's my prerogative.

On one hand, I think it's a bad idea because there are always hurt feelings that transpire. People just can't debate politics rationally. They just cant! ANd I've seen that on a number of forums.

I decided long ago that I didn't care what people thought about me here and would give my opinion. I'm still in that place where I feel like I want to try and express my feelings and maybe people will see something of a different opinion rather than the one they've heard all their lives. Just maybe, someone might say, "hmmmm, I never thought of that, that's a good point." Then it makes it all worth it. Even if it's one person that 'gets it!'

I'm voting YES because we're all big kids and if we don't want to read something, we don't have to go into the thread. Simple as that. I know for a fact, the major heated debates that some of us have been in have gotten more hits and posts than any other thread by far. There's a reason why political pundits like, Rush, Maher, Hannity etc, etc are still on the air....People enjoy the show, even on our little BC level.

KAZ
            [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

• Originally posted by KazDog View Post
              I am going to vote yes but with a caveat or two. Of course!

First. I've debated enough politics with people on the internet to know there's little to no way I'm going to change someone by something I write. So it can become a MerryGoRound after a while.

Simply put, this is the internet, you really have no friends because we, for the most part, are faceless when we write or post. It would be one thing if we debated face to face. You can see a smile or get a handshake face to face. We can use our computers to say whatever we want with little or no repercussions. It can become, "who cares what I write or if someone doesn't like me.?"

I've lost more than one 'friend' debating here. There is NO DOUBT in my mind people look at me or think of me differently here because of my politics and debating style, for lack of a better term. I've been called many names by more than just a few, sadly. I like to think that I NEVER revert to calling someone names until they initiate it or throw that first name at me, mostly because that's their only comeback.

I've lost people that I thought would NEVER take a side against me because as I said, it's the internet and you really don't know who your true friends are. Doesn't take long to find out. That's just a lesson learned on my part. Some aren't even on here anymore. Even Two Ton Tony, who I thought could use his wit or brains to comeback, reverted to name calling because the debate was so thick. There is NO DOUBT in my mind that it WILL happen again. It's sad however it always comes to name calling.

What Wayne said above is very true. People are passionate about politics. And people don't like me because I WILL have a comeback for them. As KB once told me, "if you mess with the bull, don't be surprised if you get the horns." I'm not changing who I am for this place or any other for that matter. You either like me for who I am or you do not. I speak my mind freely and Bettorschat won't change that. Don't mistake that for not having an open mind, because I do. If I feel unwanted, I just leave. That's my prerogative.

On one hand, I think it's a bad idea because there are always hurt feelings that transpire. People just can't debate politics rationally. They just cant! ANd I've seen that on a number of forums.

I decided long ago that I didn't care what people thought about me here and would give my opinion. I'm still in that place where I feel like I want to try and express my feelings and maybe people will see something of a different opinion rather than the one they've heard all their lives. Just maybe, someone might say, "hmmmm, I never thought of that, that's a good point." Then it makes it all worth it. Even if it's one person that 'gets it!'

I'm voting YES because we're all big kids and if we don't want to read something, we don't have to go into the thread. Simple as that. I know for a fact, the major heated debates that some of us have been in have gotten more hits and posts than any other thread by far. There's a reason why political pundits like, Rush, Maher, Hannity etc, etc are still on the air....People enjoy the show, even on our little BC level.

KAZ
              well put Kaz.......
              i look forward to having another debate in the new forum Monte will be creating very soon!
              We have had our arguments, and we are on total opposites of politics, but i agree that controversy is good to a point

Comment

• Originally posted by jordanrules23 View Post
                ho is the person next to hillary?
                As a devout member of the Conservative Party, you should know that....Her face makes me hurl. Linda Tripp!

KAZ
                [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

i think monte is rigging the votes
                  sad thing is, the only vote that matters is Monte's
                  [email protected]

Comment

• I agree with another poster here who said maybe there should have been a choice of I dont care, that might have cut down on the No's.
                    [email protected]

Comment

sad thing is, the only vote that matters is Monte's
                      thats how his party thinks..................

Comment

thats how his party thinks..................
                        that is funny, really it is
                        [email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by KazDog View Post
                          As a devout member of the Conservative Party, you should know that....Her face makes me hurl. Linda Tripp!

KAZ

Kaz,

You switching parties would require a brain transplant, not possible.

All kidding aside, everyone learns a little from listening to opposing points of view. Just so happens some of us give a shit about what your government is trying to do to all of us.

Kaz, breathe some life into this site........you are not the hated one for no reason!!
                          NBA is a joke

Comment

I agree with another poster here who said maybe there should have been a choice of I dont care, that might have cut down on the No's.
                            I voted NO...but if it matters I really dont care.

Comment

• 30 - 38

This looks like a Chicago election.
                              NBA is a joke

Comment

• Originally posted by flarendep1 View Post
                                30 - 38

This looks like a Chicago election.
                                jc Wishes He Can Get A Goat

Comment

Working...
                                X