Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Poll: Would you like to have the Politics/Rant Forum Back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Poll: Would you like to have the Politics/Rant Forum Back?

Monte, Spark and Myself have discussed whether or not to bring this forum back and without saying which way each of us feels, we would like to hear from the members here at BC to see what you guys think?

If we did, there would still most likely be restrictions on bashing each other on a personal level. It got out of hand last time and we want to know if you think it should come back for another try.

Please speak up and tell us what you think and how you feel. All input is appreciated!
    Yes
    43.42%
    No
    56.58%

Please guys .... we need a vote from everyone

Thanks ...

Comment

Now that you mods have the ability to lock certain members from certain threads, it shouldn't be a problem, as if anyone gets out hand they can simply be removed from that thread.

This site has been dead from top to bottom to lately, and I think bringing back something that people are passionate about might generate elsewhere around the forum.

JMO.
      "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

I voted no but like anyone else I have the right not to participate in that thread. Im sure the neocons will have a field day when you guys bring it back though.

Its been nice just sticking to sports though.
        Have fun flare!

Comment

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
          Now that you mods have the ability to lock certain members from certain threads, it shouldn't be a problem, as if anyone gets out hand they can simply be removed from that thread.

This site has been dead from top to bottom to lately, and I think bringing back something that people are passionate about might generate elsewhere around the forum.

JMO.
          We are going to be doing a software upgrade and I don't believe the ban someone from a thread has been made to work with the latest version of this software.

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
            We are going to be doing a software upgrade and I don't believe the ban someone from a thread has been made to work with the latest version of this software.
            Why have an upgrade if you are losing features?

And if that is the case, then it makes life much more difficult on moderators to regulate that forum. As telling someone not post, and literally removing them from the thread are two completely different things.
            "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
              Why have an upgrade if you are losing features?

And if that is the case, then it makes life much more difficult on moderators to regulate that forum. As telling someone not post, and literally removing them from the thread are two completely different things.
              Because when the maker of this software comes out with upgrades you need to upgrade because the latest version is more stable and secure.

As for the ban hack it's made by completely different people who do those things for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by musclemann View Post
                I voted no but like anyone else I have the right not to participate in that thread. Im sure the neocons will have a field day when you guys bring it back though.

Its been nice just sticking to sports though.
                Have fun flare!

MM you have just demonstrated why there should not be a politics forum... you managed to call me a neocon in a poll question thread.

I would vote yes if people could stop the insults and name calling but some just cannot restrain themselves. Therefore, I vote no to a politics forum.

I would not mind seeing a forum for "current events" or something like that to educate our members now and then on what is going on besides gambling 24/7. Stories about anything just to keep a civil discussion going on.

Monte used to post a lot of financial news articles that members benefit from.

I think the site for me gets boring when it is only about gambling. I enjoy the jokes and the personalities that add to the site.
                NBA is a joke

Comment

i would love for that forum to come back.....it gets heated i know, all in all we can all get along to a certain point.....jmo but please bring back that section!

oh an lol at MM......come on buddy, your better than that
                  jordanrules..................

Comment

Originally posted by flarendep1 View Post
                    MM you have just demonstrated why there should not be a politics forum... you managed to call me a neocon in a poll question thread.

I would vote yes if people could stop the insults and name calling but some just cannot restrain themselves. Therefore, I vote no to a politics forum.

I would not mind seeing a forum for "current events" or something like that to educate our members now and then on what is going on besides gambling 24/7. Stories about anything just to keep a civil discussion going on.

Monte used to post a lot of financial news articles that members benefit from.

I think the site for me gets boring when it is only about gambling. I enjoy the jokes and the personalities that add to the site.

take it easy flare I wasnt calling you a neocon..........you assumed I was talking about you.

Next time before you get all touchy read the whole excerpt and then form you opinion. All I said was have fun on the new political forum.

Comment

I like the forum. We can all learn from one another, no matter the view.
                      "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." -Mark Twain

Comment

C'mon guys, HELP US OUT HERE AND VOTE!!!
                        Last edited by wayne1218; 10-31-2009, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Is ACORN solicitiing votes for this poll?
                          BadgerJoe
                          Life's a gamble, hold out for nickle juice!

Comment

I voted yes. why not? as long as the arguements/discussions stay in that forum what is the big deal against it?
                            2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

how many times can i vote.....lol
                              jordanrules..................

Comment

Working...
                              X