Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Poll: Would you like to have the Politics/Rant Forum Back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
    frank, People can fight their fight all they want but it is a privately owned site and i think having limits is a good thing. It isn't always as easy as logging off. My father passed away a few years back and somebody said something about him after it happened and logging off didn't make those comments go away. I won't allow it if i'm here. You can rip me and it has happened here a million times but there are places you simply shouldn't go, free speech or not.
    First, I've been called worse things than a cunt. When one plays sports you often hear things like "I fucked your mother last night". You learn to laugh at it. Did they fuck my mother? No! So in the end who really cares. They're words have a thick skin (not directed at you).

I don't believe your example about your dad applies here. The someone that made the comment about your dad obviously knew you dad. I'm not suggesting the comment was appropriate. On the site we don't know most others on a personal intimate level.

However, bring back the forum with clear cut rules. Rules that apply the same for everyone. I'm not into getting into a pissing match with Monte but a few years ago someone was banned because they disagreed with the opinions of Monte. That's not fair! Set the rules with zero tolerance. No warnings. Ban the violators for a set amount of time. Such as a few hours or day for first offense etc.

Comment

• No frank, they didn't know my dad. It was said here and i banned them and erased their post. Not everybody can shrug things off like you frank. We don't all have that ability.

Comment

No frank, they didn't know my dad. It was said here and i banned them and erased their post. Not everybody can shrug things off like you frank. We don't all have that ability.
        I misunderstood your initial post.

As the last paragraph stated in my previous post. Bring back the forum with clear cut zero tolerance rules. The bottom line. The forum needs some discussions. It's dead!!!!!!!! How many "gl" can we read?

Comment

• Originally posted by frankb03 View Post
          I misunderstood your initial post.

As the last paragraph stated in my previous post. Bring back the forum with clear cut zero tolerance rules. The bottom line. The forum needs some discussions. It's dead!!!!!!!! How many "gl" can we read?

You are preaching to the choir. Try convincing Monte of that.

Comment

• Where ever there is fire.... There is Frank! LOL

Comment

• Frank,

There is no reason to dive right in the mud with personal insults. If someone wants to call Obama or Bush an asshole that is different then calling another member one. Personal attacks should not be allowed. Argue points with facts not venom.
              NBA is a joke

Comment

You are preaching to the choir. Try convincing Monte of that.
                As you and Joe have eloquently spoken. It's his forum. If he wants a forum with very little discussion then that's his prerogative. It's sad. For the most part the site has become a snooze fest.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Lovedoc View Post
                  Where ever there is fire.... There is Frank! LOL
                  EXACTLY!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by flarendep1 View Post
                    Frank,

There is no reason to dive right in the mud with personal insults. If someone wants to call Obama or Bush an asshole that is different then calling another member one. Personal attacks should not be allowed. Argue points with facts not venom.
                    I don't disagree. My opinion on no holds barred was more towards not having the mods having to police the forum. Let the members police themselves.

I'm not against having clear cut rules that apply to all members equally.

Comment

• Originally posted by frankb03 View Post
                      I don't disagree. My opinion on no holds barred was more towards not having the mods having to police the forum. Let the members police themselves.
                      I'm not against having clear cut rules that apply to all members equally.

How? Would they ban themselves?

Mods would have to police the forum but they should have the rules clearly written in detail.
                      NBA is a joke

Comment

• Monte, what r u waiting for????? all these ppl want the forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Should i call Acorn or another organization to help you?
                        lol....Cmon, Monte!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        jordanrules..................

Comment

• Originally posted by jordanrules23 View Post
                          Monte, what r u waiting for????? all these ppl want the forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Should i call Acorn or another organization to help you?
                          lol....Cmon, Monte!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL,

Do you work for Acorn??
                          NBA is a joke

Comment

lol,

do you work for acorn??
                            ill await the opening of the forum to discuss that scam org

Comment

How? Would they ban themselves?

Mods would have to police the forum but they should have the rules clearly written in detail.
                              They wouldn't be banned. That's the point. Police themselves by not participating, leave the thread or simply logging off the site.

Comment

• wheres Celtics??????????
                                im sure he might want it back

Comment

Working...
                                X