Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Poll: Would you like to have the Politics/Rant Forum Back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
    This site has been dead from top to bottom to lately, and I think bringing back something that people are passionate about might generate elsewhere around the forum.

JMO.
    I totally agree with Mavs..I say yes!

Comment

hell no!

TOUCHDOWN FAT BOY!

I was Born my Pappy's Son,
      When I hit the ground, I was on the Run!
      Jon E. Checkers

Comment

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! KAZ might come back

Comment

I say yes, and that is how i voted
          Questions, comments, complaints:
          [email protected]

Comment

Fuck NO!!!

I'm seriously woundering if all 3 of you(MODS) are losing it? Why bring a problem back, this site has enough as it is!!!
            Last edited by ***THA FIX***; 10-31-2009, 02:44 PM.

Comment

i SAY NO.....It generated a bunch of name callings, heated arguments, friends differing and getting over reactive....

There is an old saying.....

Don't discuss Politics nor Religion with friends, it may cause you to lose one.......

I can name a bunch of Cons for ya, all one has to do is raise the Pro's for it.....

look back at the old one, and see what the benefits were from having this forum.......then look at the irritation, aggravation, reversing the way you looked at someone due to politics, etc.....

I personaly don't go there, but you asked for my opinion.....

To me, this is a Spoprts Forum, not Political, and I see no advantage to it.....

PS: either way, I don't/won't comment in it......

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Tha fix

Originally posted by ***THA FIX*** View Post
                Fuck NO!!!

I'm seriously woundering if all 3 of you(MODS) are losing it? Why bring a problem back, this site has enough as it is!!!

Comment

muscleman

Originally posted by musclemann View Post
                  I voted no but like anyone else I have the right not to participate in that thread. Im sure the neocons will have a field day when you guys bring it back though.

Its been nice just sticking to sports though.
                  Have fun flare!

Comment

look at some of the posts/replies above, and in just the poll, there's differences, assumptions of people isolating them as neocons, one saying relax, etc.....

The statement re it becomes boring in here sometime, POLITICAL forums would only entertain a few, create arguments, and I don't find that a constructive way to defeaqt boredom.......

The statement thaT "THE mods" CAN MONITOR IT, AND STOP ARGUMENTS, BAN, CLOSE THREADS, ETC, IS asking too much of them, cause they're stretched already.....

Several times, I've heard a MOD say he didn't have time to read all the sports arguments, how in the hell is he gonna find time to monitor [political arguments......

Do as you guys wish, I won't enter/entertain/add to a POLITICAL forum.....

I've made enemies here through sports, don't need POLITICS to add more, and I've made MANY Friends here, and don't want/need a POLITICAL forum to create differences where aS i HAVE A CHANCE TO lose em.....

THERE ARE PLENTY OF CNN BLOGS ONE CAN GO TO, AND ARGUE POLITICS....

Comment

I think we should..if one does not like the forum-don't go in it..really simply.
                      "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." -Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by grandmama View Post
                        I think we should..if one does not like the forum-don't go in it..really simply.

Good point Grandma, and it can be moderated if people start making internet threats to kick each others ass

I change my vote to undecided
                        NBA is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by Kaptain View Post
                          i SAY NO.....It generated a bunch of name callings, heated arguments, friends differing and getting over reactive....

There is an old saying.....

Don't discuss Politics nor Religion with friends, it may cause you to lose one.......

I can name a bunch of Cons for ya, all one has to do is raise the Pro's for it.....

look back at the old one, and see what the benefits were from having this forum.......then look at the irritation, aggravation, reversing the way you looked at someone due to politics, etc.....

I personaly don't go there, but you asked for my opinion.....

To me, this is a Spoprts Forum, not Political, and I see no advantage to it.....

PS: either way, I don't/won't comment in it......
                          I agree with the Kapt. Talking politics is one thing but some people take things out of context and make it personal. My vote is no but I will change it to a yes if we can get a true def. of what a GOY is!!!!!

Comment

Well lot's of the votes are in so i am going to give you my opinion ...

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
                            Now that you mods have the ability to lock certain members from certain threads, it shouldn't be a problem, as if anyone gets out hand they can simply be removed from that thread.

This site has been dead from top to bottom to lately, and I think bringing back something that people are passionate about might generate elsewhere around the forum.

JMO.
                            I could not agree with you more mavs ... exactly what I said to monte .. almost word for word ...

Originally posted by musclemann View Post
                            take it easy flare I wasnt calling you a neocon..........you assumed I was talking about you.

Next time before you get all touchy read the whole excerpt and then form you opinion. All I said was have fun on the new political forum.
                            maybe he thought you were talking about him because his name was in your post MM ... You say good to talk about sports .. you can talk about sports in the rant thread also ... does not have to be all about politics ...

I like the forum. We can all learn from one another, no matter the view.
                            Finally you and i agree on something ... I have learned a lot in that forum ... I really have ... I mean this ... I was never into politics but that forum really enlightened me

Originally posted by 10DimeBry View Post
                            I voted yes. why not? as long as the arguements/discussions stay in that forum what is the big deal against it?
                            Exactly Bry .. why not?? I think that forum was HUGE for this site .. Whats the big deal??

Originally posted by ***THA FIX*** View Post
                            Fuck NO!!!

And we wonder why you are here FIX ... You knock us and this forum every chance you get ... Pls do not think I do not see your comments cause I do ...

Originally posted by Kaptain View Post
                            look at some of the posts/replies above, and in just the poll, there's differences, assumptions of people isolating them as neocons, one saying relax, etc.....

The statement re it becomes boring in here sometime, POLITICAL forums would only entertain a few, create arguments, and I don't find that a constructive way to defeaqt boredom.......

If someone does not want to go in and look at them they do not have to ... Monte can lock any member out of any forum .. it is simple

The statement thaT "THE mods" CAN MONITOR IT, AND STOP ARGUMENTS, BAN, CLOSE THREADS, ETC, IS asking too much of them, cause they're stretched already.....

Wayne and I spoke about this before the poll was made .. if we were not ready to handle the situations we would not suggest bringing this forum back ..

Several times, I've heard a MOD say he didn't have time to read all the sports arguments, how in the hell is he gonna find time to monitor [political arguments......

Do as you guys wish, I won't enter/entertain/add to a POLITICAL forum.....

Kapt like I said it is not for everyone ... but we are trying to get members and keep members .. this forum can get dead at times ... specially after foots ..

I've made enemies here through sports, don't need POLITICS to add more, and I've made MANY Friends here, and don't want/need a POLITICAL forum to create differences where aS i HAVE A CHANCE TO lose em.....

THERE ARE PLENTY OF CNN BLOGS ONE CAN GO TO, AND ARGUE POLITICS....
                            That is the second time I agree with now ... getting scarry

Comment

I agree with you 1000% Joe!

If you don't like it, don't go there. We need something to get people talking here again ... besides the In Game Thread!

Comment

Monte is the hesitant one here. He is worried it will cause conflict between members. Well, it may at times but we are all adults here and if somebody goes overboard, we will give them a "Timeout" and let them cool off. It's pretty simple really .......

Comment

Working...
                                X