• Ryan Howard

Wow...c'mon guys, rub it in

Originally posted by LVJimmy
    c'mon guys, rub it in

Mr. Howard is doing that for us!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
      Mr. Howard is doing that for us!
      True, but the Phils announcers even just mentioned the Phils run total is deceiving

so hey, I was right about something

Comment

True, but the Phils announcers even just mentioned the Phils run total is deceiving

so hey, I was right about something

Why? Because 2 people agreed with you? lol

I've disected the run totals and won that argument with you twice already so i'm not even going there again!

Comment

Why? Because 2 people agreed with you? lol

I've disected the run totals and won that argument with you twice already so i'm not even going there again!
          The manager said it as well...mentioned 3 games where they went crazy, but otherwise have been inconsistent

Comment

The manager said it as well...mentioned 3 games where they went crazy, but otherwise have been inconsistent

Should we point out 3 games for every team where they went crazy in the top 10 (Runs scored)? I bet we could and after deducting the top 3 from the top 10 teams, you would be SHOCKED to see Philly still sitting where they are. It is a season of high's and low's for every team in a 162 game season. As one coach once said ... "It is what it is". If you are (8-8), you are a (8-8) football team. If you are 2nd or 3rd in runs scored after 90 games, you are the 2nd or 3rd best at scoring.

Comment

Should we point out 3 games for every team where they went crazy in the top 10 (Runs scored)? I bet we could and after deducting the top 3 from the top 10 teams, you would be SHOCKED to see Philly still sitting where they are. It is a season of high's and low's for every team in a 162 game season. As one coach once said ... "It is what it is". If you are (8-8), you are a (8-8) football team. If you are 2nd or 3rd in runs scored after 90 games, you are the 2nd or 3rd best at scoring.
              Just passing along the pt of view of the Phillies manager and the Phillies announcers, but hey, what do they know?

Comment

Just passing along the pt of view of the Phillies manager and the Phillies announcers, but hey, what do they know?
                When Boston lost 5 straight and scored about 8 total runs, Francona and the announcers were saying the same thing Jimmy. Philly is no different than anyone else.

Comment

Damn, Howard just missed #2

Comment

Just for the hell of it, i looked at this. The Rangers are 1st in runs scored and they have scored double digits in 16 games this year. The Cubs are 2nd in runs scored and they have scored double digit runs in 10 games this year. Boston is 3rd in runs scored and they have scored double digit runs in 9 games this year. Philly is 4th in runs scored and they have scored double digit runs in 8 games this year. Philly falls right in line and they deserve/should be 4th. They have not done anything more or out of the ordinary than the teams in front of them.
                    Last edited by wayne1218; 07-18-2008, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Just for the hell of it, i looked at this. The Rangers are 1st in runs scored and they have scored double digits in 16 games this year. The Cubs are 2nd in runs scored and they have scored double digit runs in 10 games this year. Boston is 3rd in runs scored and they have scored double digit runs in 9 games this year. Philly is 4th in runs scored and they have scored double digit runs in 8 games this year. Philly falls right in line and they deserve/should be 4th. They have not done anything more or out of the ordinary than the teams in front of them.
                      I understand what you're saying, but IMO (and others as well), scoring 55 runs in 3 games skews the stats a little...I guess it'a a matter of opinion, but that's just how I see it.

Although I don't have the #s in front of me, it seems like this year this team is getting shutout more than usual and scoring 1, 2, and 3 runs especially at home. To think this team is hitting better on the road is very strange to me.

Comment

I understand what you're saying, but IMO (and others as well), scoring 55 runs in 3 games skews the stats a little...I guess it'a a matter of opinion, but that's just how I see it.

Although I don't have the #s in front of me, it seems like this year this team is getting shutout more than usual and scoring 1, 2, and 3 runs especially at home. To think this team is hitting better on the road is very strange to me.
                        Texas scored 42 runs in 3 games, Boston 42 in 3 games and the Cubs 44. The difference on the highest 3 games doesn't change much in the overall picture. I'm telling ya', every team goes through major high's and low's to get where they are. I could take the same stance as you about Boston but they are 3rd in runs because they scored the 3rd most. There were alot of 1,2 and 3 run efforts to go along with the big ones.

Comment

You just had to start this thread didn't you Sir???

They should have gave up Howard for Blanton

Comment

Originally posted by BigMike
                            You just had to start this thread didn't you Sir???

They should have gave up Howard for Blanton
                            Read it again...I started it so you guys could rip on me.

Comment

Read it again...I started it so you guys could rip on me.
                              I read it dummy...I guess you like the abuse

Comment

Working...
                              X