Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LVJimmy
    Dude, you are missing my pt:

I KNOW SANTANA IS GREAT, BUT GUESS WHAT, THAT HAS LITTLE TO DO WITH ANOTHER SHITTY OFFENSIVE PERFORMANCE TONIGHT.

How did they do Sunday against Johnson? Oh wait, 2 runs. How have they done the past 30+ games?

TERRIBLE

So if you don't expect Maine to shut them down tomorrow night, you haven't been watching this team.
    Hmm, one of Maine's better outings this year...go figure.

Comment

Hmm, one of Maine's better outings this year...go figure.

Hmmmm....Maine is 6-1 after a Mets loss with an ERA of 3.11...so this would not be one of his better outings. He pitched like you would expect him to.
      Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack
        Hmmmm....Maine is 6-1 after a Mets loss with an ERA of 3.11...so this would not be one of his better outings. He pitched like you would expect him to.
        Ok man...just discount the last few outings by Maine and the fact his ERA is over 5 after the 3rd inning yet he went 7 tonight.

Comment

Ok man...just discount the last few outings by Maine and the fact his ERA is over 5 after the 3rd inning yet he went 7 tonight.
          Like I said, last 4 outings...4, 5.2, 4.2, and 4.2 innings...I'm sure you expected him to go 7 tonight...but guess what, I did...anyway, I understand you will never agree with anything I say, but whatever

Comment

Like I said, last 4 outings...4, 5.2, 4.2, and 4.2 innings...I'm sure you expected him to go 7 tonight...but guess what, I did...anyway, I understand you will never agree with anything I say, but whatever
            Left something else out, this is his 2nd longest outing of the season at a whoping 7 innings...again, GO FIGURE

Comment

Why would you look at someone's last 3 or 4 starts and not their whole body of work?

Find me one player in any sport or team in any sport in the history of the game that did not go through a bad week or two or three, or a handful of bad outings, other than the '72 Dolphins.....

You think these guys are machines.... I hope you never have a bad day at work as I hope your boss is more understanding than you are.

Comment

Why would you look at someone's last 3 or 4 starts and not their whole body of work?

Find me one player in any sport or team in any sport in the history of the game that did not go through a bad week or two or three, or a handful of bad outings, other than the '72 Dolphins.....

You think these guys are machines.... I hope you never have a bad day at work as I hope your boss is more understanding than you are.
                R U KIDDING ME? THIS IS HIS 2ND LONGEST OUTING OF THE SEASON...A WHOLE 7 INNINGS...GIVE ME A F'ING BREAK

I'M NOT GOING OFF THE LAST FEW OUTINGS, I'M GOING OFF THE SEASON

Comment

R U KIDDING ME? THIS IS HIS 2ND LONGEST OUTING OF THE SEASON...A WHOLE 7 INNINGS...GIVE ME A F'ING BREAK

I'M NOT GOING OFF THE LAST FEW OUTINGS, I'M GOING OFF THE SEASON
                  You can spin numbers anyway you want. You want to look at it as his 2nd longest outing, fine. You want to look at his last 4 outings, fine....I'll look at it as he has pitched 6+ innings 8 times this year while giving up 2 ER or less, that is 40% of his starts, which is pretty darn good, and you can make an argument that 7 inn, 3 ER is not as good as 6+, 2 ER's. And he has been lights out following a loss....but of course, it is never the opposition in your mind and it is always the Philly offense.

Your incessant whining is as annoying as Trims.

Like Wayne, I am done with this...enjoy talking to yourself the rest of the season. GL!

Comment

You can spin numbers anyway you want. You want to look at it as his 2nd longest outing, fine. You want to look at his last 4 outings, fine....I'll look at it as he has pitched 6+ innings 8 times this year while giving up 2 ER or less, that is 40% of his starts, which is pretty darn good, and you can make an argument that 7 inn, 3 ER is not as good as 6+, 2 ER's. And he has been lights out following a loss....but of course, it is never the opposition in your mind and it is always the Philly offense.

Your incessant whining is as annoying as Trims.

Like Wayne, I am done with this...enjoy talking to yourself the rest of the season. GL!
                    Exactly, don't respond then...I wasn't writing this for you...I knew Maine would pitch a good game cuz i know the Phillies offense is still brutal, and I'm sure 80% of Mets' fans had their doubts.

Comment

BOL tomorrow...OP has been lights out the last 4 starts so by your logic he should be lights out again...but I am sure you will be here whining again if the Phils have 2 runs through 6 because you will look at his season stats and, heck, he is Oliver Perez!

And Tthen Trim will start a thread bitching about the Met bullpen.....

Comment

BOL tomorrow...OP has been lights out the last 4 starts so by your logic he should be lights out again...but I am sure you will be here whining again if the Phils have 2 runs through 6 because you will look at his season stats and, heck, he is Oliver Perez!

And Tthen Trim will start a thread bitching about the Met bullpen.....
                        Actually, you have it backwards, if that was my logic, MAINE WOULD'VE BEEN TERRIBLE TONIGHT...get it straight...anyway, if Perez is good tomorrow it will have nothing to do with his last 4 starts, BUT EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE FACT THIS TEAM STILL CAN'T HIT.

Peace

Comment

Wow, another stellar pitching outing by a Philles pitcher wasted because they can't hit...thanks God for Utley's April cuz he's been brutal since...go Mets!

Comment

3Jack, well said. It amazes me how many BC members expect sports athletes to perform at their peak level each and every game. They forget the players are humans.

Comment

Jon Heyman DAILY SCOOP

Rollins' head size growing

people around the Phillies sense a change in Rollins since winning the NL MVP award. Manager Charlie Manuel benched Rollins against the rival Mets for arriving too late Thursday (but before the game). Rollins disagreed with Manuel with this benching, as opposed to an earlier one for failing run out a ball. In any case, this isn't the Rollins I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
                                Jon Heyman DAILY SCOOP

Rollins' head size growing

people around the Phillies sense a change in Rollins since winning the NL MVP award. Manager Charlie Manuel benched Rollins against the rival Mets for arriving too late Thursday (but before the game). Rollins disagreed with Manuel with this benching, as opposed to an earlier one for failing run out a ball. In any case, this isn't the Rollins I remember.
                                Go figure...I'm sure this has nothing to do with the shit season he's having.

On a side note, I've received numerous apologies from Phillies fans on the Phillies message board because as some do on here, they ripped me as I continuouslly ripped on the offense for the past 2 months...well, they finally realized I was right as the #s are skewed due to 3 games with crooked run #s...but hey, I'm still a whiner who doesn't know anything about this team!

Comment

Working...
                                X