No announcement yet.

Drilling for oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless the polar bear, penguin, moose & elk are paying taxes, I say get our asses up there and drill. There is said to be 85 bil barrels up there.

Alternative fuels IMO are BS. Corn prices have gone up because of this Ethanol craze & farmers are making some hefty profits on this as well as oil companies.

I saw a vehicle that ran on gas or Ethanol. Running it on gas would get you 17 MPG and running it on Ethanol would get you 11 MPG. So where would the savings be??

These Hybrids are also BS to me. if you look at all the places around the world the parts for these cars are made & the polution thats caused by them flying all over just to make these cars, is it really worth it?? Also, the batteries in these are not going to last a lifetime and the repairs to the electric side of them are pretty high from what I am told.

I'm not a rocket scientist, so if anyone knows of better pros than cons on this, please let us know.
    He who wears diaper knows his shit - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by insidethe8thpol
      Unless the polar bear, penguin, moose & elk are paying taxes, I say get our asses up there and drill. There is said to be 85 bil barrels up there.

Alternative fuels IMO are BS. Corn prices have gone up because of this Ethanol craze & farmers are making some hefty profits on this as well as oil companies.

I saw a vehicle that ran on gas or Ethanol. Running it on gas would get you 17 MPG and running it on Ethanol would get you 11 MPG. So where would the savings be??

These Hybrids are also BS to me. if you look at all the places around the world the parts for these cars are made & the polution thats caused by them flying all over just to make these cars, is it really worth it?? Also, the batteries in these are not going to last a lifetime and the repairs to the electric side of them are pretty high from what I am told.

I'm not a rocket scientist, so if anyone knows of better pros than cons on this, please let us know.

4 cylinder cars with stick shift, that will be enough
      Questions, comments, complaints:
      [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville
        4 cylinder cars with stick shift, that will be enough

Problem is the car companieswill see to it that you pay a premium to save gas, hybids cost more up front so you really dont save much in the long term. Electic cars are the future but not till it becomes cost effective. The market will dictate.
        NBA is a joke

Comment

Ethanol anyone?? This is somewhat startling. This is for making Ethanol in Cali only

According to a study of California agriculture by the respected Water Education Foundation, it takes about 118 gallons of water to grow a pound of corn. And how many pounds of corn does it take to produce a gallon of ethanol? About 21 pounds of corn, according to one publication from the U.S. Department of Agriculture. So do the multiplication (118 gallons of water per pound of corn, times 21 pounds of corn) to get the water it takes to produce the corn for a gallon of ethanol.

If these numbers are accurate, the answer is about 2,500 gallons of water. For one gallon of ethanol.

Time to hook up the wheel to the transmission & have those 68 mice run overtime
          Last edited by insidethe8thpol; 05-28-2008, 12:37 PM.
          He who wears diaper knows his shit - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by insidethe8thpol
            Ethanol anyone?? This is somewhat startling. This is for making Ethanol in Cali only

According to a study of California agriculture by the respected Water Education Foundation, it takes about 118 gallons of water to grow a pound of corn. And how many pounds of corn does it take to produce a gallon of ethanol? About 21 pounds of corn, according to one publication from the U.S. Department of Agriculture. So do the multiplication (118 gallons of water per pound of corn, times 21 pounds of corn) to get the water it takes to produce the corn for a gallon of ethanol.

If these numbers are accurate, the answer is about 2,500 gallons of water. For one gallon of ethanol.

Time to hook up the wheel to the transmission & have those 68 mice run overtime

Keep this quiet, facts don't matter to those hellbent on taking down american oil companies. Maybe Al Gore will pony up a few of his hundreds of millions for research. Doubt it, he keeps getting richer while telling us to live poorer.
            NBA is a joke

Comment

Working...
            X