Drilling for oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drilling for oil

First I have to say I'm happy to see the rant forum back.

When I listen to these right wing radio talk host talk about the U.S not drilling in Alaska and not off the coast of Florida being a big part of the reason we are paying so much at the pump now is bullshit imo. By the time we would get set up in Alaska to drill, gas will be $7.00 a gallon if not more. What's that going to do, lower prices down to $5.00 a gallon and make oil company's more money? The best thing we can do now is keep going towards alternative fules to become less dependent on foreign oil. These oil companies that were up in Washington last week saying that they make ONLY pennies on the dollar. It doesn't sound like a lot, but when you times those pennies by the Hundred of Thousands of people that pump gas evey day those pennies add up real quick, and it shows.
    Last edited by BearDown; 05-24-2008, 06:29 PM.

There are oil sands in Canada that have yet to be drilled.

Comment

Canada and Alaska need to be raped of their oil

Comment

The technology has been developed to remove our dependency on oil. Big business has decided they do not want that to be the case, so the Oil, Gas and Auto makers simply take some of the obscene profits they make and buy the technology to make it go away.

Think about it, take computers for example, why in 40 years have we gone from something that had limited capacity and needed its own building, to something that has unlimited capacity and can fit in your pocket.

But a car engine that was developed over a hundred years ago, is still essentially the same exact thing it was a hundred years ago. Of course, todays engines can produce more horse power, run smoother, do less damage to the environment, etc., but in the grand scheme of things, they are still the same basic gas engines from 100 years ago.

Does anyone really believe there isn't an engine that can run off something other than gas? Auto mfgs don't want to spend the $$ it would take to change their production lines, and Oil co's refuse to give up their HUGE profits. Its simple big business.

The oil co's know they need to cash in as much as they can, they put W in the white house, and he will do nothing to slow them, so they are going to get every penny they can, not knowing what the next regime will bring.

Comment

Originally posted by atolunch
          The technology has been developed to remove our dependency on oil. Big business has decided they do not want that to be the case, so the Oil, Gas and Auto makers simply take some of the obscene profits they make and buy the technology to make it go away.

Think about it, take computers for example, why in 40 years have we gone from something that had limited capacity and needed its own building, to something that has unlimited capacity and can fit in your pocket.

But a car engine that was developed over a hundred years ago, is still essentially the same exact thing it was a hundred years ago. Of course, todays engines can produce more horse power, run smoother, do less damage to the environment, etc., but in the grand scheme of things, they are still the same basic gas engines from 100 years ago.

Does anyone really believe there isn't an engine that can run off something other than gas? Auto mfgs don't want to spend the $$ it would take to change their production lines, and Oil co's refuse to give up their HUGE profits. Its simple big business.

The oil co's know they need to cash in as much as they can, they put W in the white house, and he will do nothing to slow them, so they are going to get every penny they can, not knowing what the next regime will bring.
          Very nicely said... Take that all you G Dubya Bush
          Lovers!!

TOUCHDOWN FAT BOY!

I was Born my Pappy's Son,
          When I hit the ground, I was on the Run!
          Jon E. Checkers

Comment

Saw On The News Today Where Some Guys Was Drilling For Oil In His Own Backyard And He Said He Got 3 Barrels A Day
            MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
            HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
            0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Originally posted by atolunch

Very well put. My sentiments exactly.

KAZ
              [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Originally posted by tech fan
                Saw On The News Today Where Some Guys Was Drilling For Oil In His Own Backyard And He Said He Got 3 Barrels A Day
                If that guy dosen't own the mineral rights, It's not his
                oil...

TOUCHDOWN FAT BOY!

I was Born my Pappy's Son,
                When I hit the ground, I was on the Run!
                Jon E. Checkers

Comment

Obama will save you all

Those mean oil companies drive this country and create jobs. Lets put em out of business and take everyone's profits.

MAny people have invested in 401ks etc. which include oil stocks. Right now oil is cheaper than "alternative" fuels. When the price goes high enough, the market will change. It is not there yet.

Why not take Hollywoods ridiculous profits for the gearbage they put out. Put it toward helping find alterantive energy. Better yet ask Al Gore for a donation for the many millions he profits for his propaganda on global warming.
                  NBA is a joke

Comment

Who said anything about Obama???

I guess because dubya was mentioned, you naturally attack the presumed Dem candidate.

So I must be a bleeding heart, tree hugging liberal obama lover because I stated facts?

I'm paying almost $4 a gallon for gas, for those fantastic kind oil co's, that are driving this country (into a recession, last I checked)

What is high enough, since $200 a barrel is now a matter of time?

WOW!!

Comment

Originally posted by flarendep1
                      Those mean oil companies drive this country and create jobs. Lets put em out of business and take everyone's profits.

MAny people have invested in 401ks etc. which include oil stocks.
                      To bad people were not thinking that way when just about all of our big industry jobs that were driving this country went overseas in the late 70's early 80's for big tax breaks.

I'm sure a lot of people had pentions and what not, but that sure as hell didn't seem to mater back then did it? It ment early retirement for a lot of people, who then had to go out and look for new work. It's not easy when you are 50 looking to start a new career.

Look, I'm not going to Alaska anytime soon, but if I do go, I doubt I'm going to go all the way up to ANWR so I could careless. But these people in favor of drilling up there are making it sound like we are going to have oil tomorrow, and gas prices are going to go down tomorrow. This shit about if we just do this it's all going to be alright is not going to be the case. I don't think it's going to make a diffrence if we do drill up there or not,fule/oil is going to be high from now on. They want to drill where they can to make their buck. They are not looking out for you and I.

Comment

Originally posted by BearDown
                        To bad people were not thinking that way when just about all of our big industry jobs that were driving this country went overseas in the late 70's early 80's for big tax breaks.

I'm sure a lot of people had pentions and what not, but that sure as hell didn't seem to mater back then did it? It ment early retirement for a lot of people, who then had to go out and look for new work. It's not easy when you are 50 looking to start a new career.

Look, I'm not going to Alaska anytime soon, but if I do go, I doubt I'm going to go all the way up to ANWR so I could careless. But these people in favor of drilling up there are making it sound like we are going to have oil tomorrow, and gas prices are going to go down tomorrow. This shit about if we just do this it's all going to be alright is not going to be the case. I don't think it's going to make a diffrence if we do drill up there or not,fule/oil is going to be high from now on. They want to drill where they can to make their buck. They are not looking out for you and I.

Don't you all think if we threaten or plan to drill in Anwar that Opec will stop fucking us as much as they can. Keep in mind China and India are pushing the price with their demand. It is not as easy as blaming the US Oil Companies. Congress has had a hand in screwing things up for us for a long time.
                        NBA is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat
                          There are oil sands in Canada that have yet to be drilled.
                          Theres alot of holes not getting drilled in Canada.Ain't that right Chado

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan
                            Theres alot of holes not getting drilled in Canada.Ain't that right Chado

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAA
                            Questions, comments, complaints:
                            [email protected]

Comment

Good one Vols Fan!!
                              NBA is a joke

Comment

Working...
                              X