No announcement yet.

The Double Standard Continues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slavery was terrible. It effected the generation of our fathers even more. There fathers were slaves.

I do not feel guilty and how could I? My family was in Ireland and I was not alive.

When can we get past it? I do not mean to sound insensitive but what can be done about it now? Life still has to be lived. I know some Jewish people and they commemorate the Holocaust annually as to never forget, but they do not bring it up daily.

I think our forefather Ben Franklin was right in saying that a way to disempower people is to give them money and services. I realize there are programs that are needed but I feel the african-americans would be so much better off without generational assistance.

Also, i truly believe without racism or perceived racism JJ and Sharpton are out of business. They do not want it to go away. If it does they can not shake down corporate america any longer.

I have never felt the tension like I have the last few weeks as it pertains to race.

I heard 2 rev's arguing on the radio saying that in corporate america it is hard for the black man. He brings so much rage to the workplace from his backround. And when he is 15 minutes late reporting to some white boss he has to be understood of where this rage is coming from.

The other reverend says that was crazy. That all people must adopt to the corporate culture not the other way around. They must dress the same, speak the same and embrace the culture if they want to work there. Problems of a personal nature although unfortunate must be checked at the door.

I tend to agree with rev #2. The business world moves on regardless of our personal issues. Now if there was blatant racism or discrimination at the workplace that is another story, but that was not what was discussed.

What we as white people forget is that not all blacks think alike either. There are extremists like reverend wright. just like there are david dukes of the world, but i have to believe that black people want the same thing we do and that is opportunity based on talent.

I may be naive cuz i am young and barely have worked in the world, but that is how i see it.

Comment

good comments delta force

Originally posted by deltaforce
      Slavery was terrible. It effected the generation of our fathers even more. There fathers were slaves.

I do not feel guilty and how could I? My family was in Ireland and I was not alive.

When can we get past it? I do not mean to sound insensitive but what can be done about it now? Life still has to be lived. I know some Jewish people and they commemorate the Holocaust annually as to never forget, but they do not bring it up daily.

I think our forefather Ben Franklin was right in saying that a way to disempower people is to give them money and services. I realize there are programs that are needed but I feel the african-americans would be so much better off without generational assistance.

Also, i truly believe without racism or perceived racism JJ and Sharpton are out of business. They do not want it to go away. If it does they can not shake down corporate america any longer.

I have never felt the tension like I have the last few weeks as it pertains to race.

I heard 2 rev's arguing on the radio saying that in corporate america it is hard for the black man. He brings so much rage to the workplace from his backround. And when he is 15 minutes late reporting to some white boss he has to be understood of where this rage is coming from.

The other reverend says that was crazy. That all people must adopt to the corporate culture not the other way around. They must dress the same, speak the same and embrace the culture if they want to work there. Problems of a personal nature although unfortunate must be checked at the door.

I tend to agree with rev #2. The business world moves on regardless of our personal issues. Now if there was blatant racism or discrimination at the workplace that is another story, but that was not what was discussed.

What we as white people forget is that not all blacks think alike either. There are extremists like reverend wright. just like there are david dukes of the world, but i have to believe that black people want the same thing we do and that is opportunity based on talent.

I may be naive cuz i am young and barely have worked in the world, but that is how i see it.

Great comment delta force most blacks arent looking for handouts like al sharpton
      but you have idiots(nameless)who use people like sharpton as an example for blacks. This is where you have ignorance coming from both sides, people like sharpton or the nameless few who love to tout guys like this.

goodluck on your plays.

Comment

Sharpton is a worthless pile of racist dogshit. Always has been, always will be, and will always get away with it b/c he is black.

Why didn't Sharpton feel Imus "had the right to express his views." Why didn't Trent Lott "have the right to express his views."

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat
          This is your last warning! You've been banned before by Wayne and begged to come back. You do nothing, but try and cause problems on this site with your BS comments.

Last Warning!
          I'm not on here much anymore b/c I ran out of money , but it does seem you don't treat JR the same as you do others. Again, maybe there is a lot more to it that I dpn't know, but it is clear you are liberal (As Seinfeld said, not that there is anything wrong w/ that!), and it is clear you take exception to JR's post, and not the hundreds of left slanting posts you or others put up.

Just an observation.

Comment

I Hope Your Kidding.
            Last edited by musclemann; 03-24-2008, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by harold_bush
              I'm not on here much anymore b/c I ran out of money , but it does seem you don't treat JR the same as you do others. Again, maybe there is a lot more to it that I dpn't know, but it is clear you are liberal (As Seinfeld said, not that there is anything wrong w/ that!), and it is clear you take exception to JR's post, and not the hundreds of left slanting posts you or others put up.

Just an observation.
              Yeah, theres a lot more to it than what you see. Savage was banned and he was as you call us a Liberal.

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat
                Yeah, theres a lot more to it than what you see. Savage was banned and he was as you call us a Liberal.
                HATER
                jordanrules..................

Comment

Working...
                X