Is Billy Packer Blind?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spinner
    Packer is an idiot. What the hell does he think people go for a block with their elbow? He is an idiot
    WHEN THE BALL WAS ALREADY ON THE FLOOR

Comment

I thought the foul was flagrant and that Packer is an idiot. However, what was Hansbrough doing in the game with 17 seconds left? He should have been sittin. Still, no excuse for the foul.

Comment

Originally posted by bearman
        I thought the foul was flagrant and that Packer is an idiot. However, what was HanXXXough doing in the game with 17 seconds left? He should have been sittin. Still, no excuse for the foul.
        ALL OF DUKES STARTERS WERE ON THE FLOOR!!
        THEY WERE PRESSING AND TRAPPING AND LAUNCHING THREES--AND FOULING!!!

Comment

I agree he fucking drilled him
          Here We Go Steelers....Here We Go!!!!

Comment

Damn, I'm far from a Duke apologist, but evidently no one on this forum has ever played basketball. When Henderson jumped and Hansbrough pump fakes, his momentum is already carrying him towards him. Swiping down like that is how you commit a hard foul. You absolutely commit a hard foul when the other team is trying to dunk with a double digit lead and 15 seconds left, especially in March. Anyone that thinks there was intent to hurt TH after watching the replay has completely lost their mind.
            Records:

NCAA Hoops (38-34-2, +4.59*)
            NFL Sides (34-25, +12.15*)
            NFL Totals (18-14-1, +8.23*)
            NCAA Foots Plays (65-48-4, +21.47*)
            NBA Plays (4-1-0, +5.92*)

Comment

By the way, you UNC fanatics might have some semblance of a point EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT HENDERSON WASN'T EVEN LOOKING AT HIM WHEN HE FOULED HIM.
              Records:

Comment

You Are Insane - Watch The Replay Again

Comment

A guy named TarHeel7703 just posted this on another, unnamed forum:

Originally posted by TarHeel7703
                  Coming from a huge UNC fan here, I do not beleive the elbow was intentional. Henderson is a class act and I do not feel that was intentional at all. If you watch the replay it was obvious Henderson was going for the block and the ball got knocked out of Hansy's hands before he blocked it. His elbow happened to hit Hansy in the face. During all the commotion of trying to figure out everything, Henderson was not boasting or talking shit. With that being said I do not blame Hansy for getting up wanting to beat somebody's fucking ass. Roy should not have had him in there at that point anyway. It was definately a foul, but by no means should Henderson have been ejected and suspended. You could tell from the players and coaches that the foul was not malicious. Anyway, just my 2 cents. Hopefully Hansy is okay, or else he will be wearing a mask. Go Heels!
                  Amazingly, someone took off the blinders long enough to make a rational post about the situation from a Carolina perspective.
                  Records:

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrows Paper
                    A guy named TarHeel7703 just posted this on another, unnamed forum:

Amazingly, someone took off the blinders long enough to make a rational post about the situation from a Carolina perspective.
                    ok duke fan

Comment

Originally posted by GOLDENGREEK
                      ok duke fan
                      What a stupid post. Ignoring the fact that I grew up an Oklahoma fan, ignoring the fact that I went to Auburn, and ignoring the fact that I never cheer for Duke unless I for some reason bet on them - which I have done once in the past three seasons - the only people that think this was cheap at all are either Carolina lovers or Duke haters. Every impartial observer I have talked to (including my HS basketball coach and two of my teammates, with whom I was watching the game) - which is about 99% of the people in my life - have said that was a very hard foul, but not a cheap shot.
                      Last edited by Tomorrows Paper; 03-05-2007, 12:53 AM.
                      Records:

Comment

The kid was clearly frustrated by the rebounds and the outcome of the game with 12 seconds why go after a shot that hard the game is over! He should exerted all that energy during the rest of the game! Just my take!

Comment

It was a very hard foul no question but I do not think intent was there (alas that Temple incident when the coach told him to knock the player out)

The blood made it much worse than it was......penalty is fine and they will hopefully play again in the tournament

PEACE

Comment

no question

I can't truly believe there is a debate. He threw the equivalent to a punch. No mistake, no "hard yet clean foul", no head turned excuses are even viable. Cheap shot out of frustration. Absolute no brainer. If a shot block was the intent....why not extend your entire arm....not just a violent elbow. Probably a good kid....just a bad mistake in the heat of the moment....but make no mistake, it was 100% intentional
                            Let it Ride

Comment

He got a suspension and certainly deserved it.

Comment

that foul was intentional no doubt.
                                2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Working...
                                X