Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Can We Make Bettorschat Better??? Please post your feedback!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple Machines is FREE Udog as are all of the modifications. There are tons of things that can be installed to make a forum great and exciting. If I get some time, I will set up a dummy site with SMF and you guys can take a look at it.
    He who wears diaper knows his shit - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by insidethe8thpol View Post
      Simple Machines is FREE Udog as are all of the modifications. There are tons of things that can be installed to make a forum great and exciting. If I get some time, I will set up a dummy site with SMF and you guys can take a look at it.
      Can you set it up with a front page portal? And does it post members latest's posts on the front page? And what about polls rotating based on the last vote? Does it accept widgets?

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
        Can you set it up with a front page portal? And does it post members latest's posts on the front page? And what about polls rotating based on the last vote? Does it accept widgets?
        Yes to the portals. Yes to the posts on the front page. You can embed widgets.

Comment

Give me about 2 weeks to do a test site. I need to get familiar with the ins and outs of the portals as I havent used it in years. Plus I have to search for the mods and install them.

Comment

Outstanding!!!! Thanks!

Comment

Give me about 2 weeks to do a test site. I need to get familiar with the ins and outs of the portals as I havent used it in years. Plus I have to search for the mods and install them.
              You the man Pol. Glad you're back bro. I think we should work on a "Dating for Dummies" forum on here. I bet you and I could share some pretty great stories. Lmao!
              [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Honestly, if you could divide up the NFL and CFB into their own forums, it would be huge! I have to scroll 3 pages sometimes after I post my CFB plays on a Sunday night and dont revisit til late in the week. I have to scroll through too much stuff to want to bother checking out plays from others. If I was just visiting on a Sunday morning the NFL forum.....then I would check out more peoples plays, plus you want me on your site as long as possible, not taking off to go check out other sites. Because that is what I do now.

On a Saturday afternoon I dont feel like searching high and low to find peoples NCAA plays, but if I just went to a CFB forum, then I am more inclined to check out other peoples threads.

I really think this is something that would add to your site! Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by capping-guru View Post
                  Honestly, if you could divide up the NFL and CFB into their own forums, it would be huge! I have to scroll 3 pages sometimes after I post my CFB plays on a Sunday night and dont revisit til late in the week. I have to scroll through too much stuff to want to bother checking out plays from others. If I was just visiting on a Sunday morning the NFL forum.....then I would check out more peoples plays, plus you want me on your site as long as possible, not taking off to go check out other sites. Because that is what I do now.

On a Saturday afternoon I dont feel like searching high and low to find peoples NCAA plays, but if I just went to a CFB forum, then I am more inclined to check out other peoples threads.

Excellent idea !!!
                  All other sites I have visited have this - there are forums for NFL, NCAA FOOTBALL, MLB, AND NBA HOCKEY, etc.
                  We have a "Horse Racing Forum". Why not each individual sport forum ?
                  It would make it alot easier to post in those forums individually and find other peoples plays plus your own.
                  Sometime that should be looked at and a great idea !!!
                  Last edited by baseballdave; 10-06-2014, 10:52 PM.
                  jc Wishes He Can Get A Goat

Comment

Bump
                    [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Originally posted by capping-guru View Post

Yea, what he said. A seperate NHL forum would be great. I would hate people missing my NHL plays cause football and basketball plays are in the way.

Comment

You guys ask sports services to put up free picks on your site, yet they can only post picks on sports services section, yet any tom dick or harry handicapper can post anywhere they like on your site...As long as i dont advertise in the other blog areas, why cant i may comments in those sections MONTE? thanks ty

Comment

Originally posted by Ty Gaston View Post
                          You guys ask sports services to put up free picks on your site, yet they can only post picks on sports services section, yet any tom dick or harry handicapper can post anywhere they like on your site...As long as i dont advertise in the other blog areas, why cant i may comments in those sections MONTE? thanks ty
                          We haven't allowed sports services to reply in other areas as they tend to advertise themselves. Meaning posting their website or e-mail address etc. Go ahead and comment in other areas, but don't advertise.

Comment

Working...
                          X