Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Can We Make Bettorschat Better??? Please post your feedback!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Can We Make Bettorschat Better??? Please post your feedback!

I would like to see members be at different levels. They can only advance levels by being voted on by other members. I know Spark and Wayne would be Gold Platinum or whatever but it would give guys incentives to post and to keep things clean by being worried about getting a negative ranking. I don't think using just a post count alone should be reason to move up in status. Maybe do a combination of after a certain number of post and quality or star post's you move up to a silver level. Guys just need incentive to post here.
    MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
    HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
    0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Wow Kaz You did great. Just think how many GOY winners Chuck Lazar would have if he had mod power.
    MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
    HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
    0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Originally posted by tech fan View Post
      Wow Kaz You did great. Just think how many GOY winners Chuck Lazar would have if he had mod power.
      That might have killed the internet Jerry!
      [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

I know what I'd like to see. I'd like to have individual sports separated. Rather than "members picks," I think there should be an "NFL Picks," NCAA Football Picks," MLB Picks," etc, etc....I'd just like the picks to be separated so I don't have to search each post for a particular sport I want to view picks in.
        [email protected]

Comment

I do like that idea Jerry, incentive to post.
          Questions, comments, complaints:
          [email protected]

Comment

Good luck tech. Like the call

Comment

Originally posted by tech fan View Post
              I would like to see members be at different levels. They can only advance levels by being voted on by other members. I know Spark and Wayne would be Gold Platinum or whatever but it would give guys incentives to post and to keep things clean by being worried about getting a negative ranking. I don't think using just a post count alone should be reason to move up in status. Maybe do a combination of after a certain number of post and quality or star post's you move up to a silver level. Guys just need incentive to post here.
              Jerry, that is something I'm tried to get figured out. I'm waiting for questions I have out there on something like this.

Comment

I think an all female rump thread with a sticky would be a great idea!
                [email protected]

Comment

Hope you weren't gonna start it with the rump shots of Daves GF.

Comment

Comment

The first thing I would do is switch from VBulletin to Simple Machines. There are so many modifications you can add for FREE.

Custom Post Title = Set a custom post title when a user hits a post count

Ignore Another User = Adds the ability to hide posts from users you're ignoring. (everyone would like this one .. lol )

ListCreator = Create an alphabetic list of the topics on certain boards. ( for the reading impaired )

Rewards system = for posting, you can give points to another for liking their post, etc.

Live Chat = talk in real time during a game, instead of posting in a thread

You can add a portal to the front page with tons of info for game weather, etc

Add other pages for contest winners, lists, upcoming games

Tons of other shit that does not cost anything (maybe throw the modification author a couple of dollars for his mod )

How about not posting useless stock, photos and other useless crap on weekends so you dont push member posts off the front page ?
                      He who wears diaper knows his shit - Confucius

Comment

Good stuff Pol. Which one do you think is imperative in the immediate future?

I'm still holding true to wanting Members picks to be broken up into separate forums for individual major sports. Just football, baseball and basketball...
                        [email protected]

Comment

Good ideas inside!!
                          [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by insidethe8thpol View Post
                            The first thing I would do is switch from VBulletin to Simple Machines. There are so many modifications you can add for FREE.

Custom Post Title = Set a custom post title when a user hits a post count

Ignore Another User = Adds the ability to hide posts from users you're ignoring. (everyone would like this one .. lol )

ListCreator = Create an alphabetic list of the topics on certain boards. ( for the reading impaired )

Rewards system = for posting, you can give points to another for liking their post, etc.

Live Chat = talk in real time during a game, instead of posting in a thread

You can add a portal to the front page with tons of info for game weather, etc

Add other pages for contest winners, lists, upcoming games

Tons of other shit that does not cost anything (maybe throw the modification author a couple of dollars for his mod )

How about not posting useless stock, photos and other useless crap on weekends so you dont push member posts off the front page ?
                            I've looked at their software, but there is another one that is going to take over the market. Plus didn't want to switch during football season for downtime etc.

Comment

I've been thnking about all this since tech started the thread. I can't think of a reason not to take any of these suggestions.

Tech's ideas on incentive to post are outstanding and could work very well.

Splitting into separate threads for individual sports would make things easier on all users of Member's Picks. For the guys who like to read the trends threads, I could just put them in All Sports Discussion.

Those add-ons sound great! I especially like the live chat idea for in-game. I wonder what the base cost of Simple Machines is. It may be prohibitive.

Grreat suggestions, guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X