This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
    No offense to you or any Okie State fans, but what does it say about the shape of the Vols program when you can't hire away the guys from Ville or Okie State. That program is in the
    Well I take no offense because I understand our position on college footballs food chain.

I can't speak for Okie St but as for Strong I think it's a few things. I think he is " somewhat loyal " to Tom Jurich for giving him a chance when he was passed over at least 30 times for a head coaching job. Of course Tennessee passed him over twice when hiring Kiffen and Dooley.

Secondly, he is committed to his players, he promised them all if they came to Louisville he would be here too, Especially Teddy Bridgewater. He has a very young team, only 5 seniors on the whole squad so he is going to be decent next year.

Thirdly, Tom Jurich said way before anyone came knocking that he is prepared to make Charlie the highest paid coach if need be to keep him. Pretty sure Charlie just went from 2 million a year to 4 million a year.

Last but not least, Tennessee isn't the job it use to be. It's a good job but it comes with immediate pressure to win. If he took over 4 million a year and didn't win the east in 2 years he would likely be out on his ass!

In Louisville, compete, get us to a BCS game every 5-6 years, beat shitty ass UK and you can make 4 mill a year till you want to leave.

Louisville is a good job if you don't want all the pressure of the SEC, or Michigan, Ohio St.

Charlie can recruit, I'm not sold on his coaching ability, but we will see.
    Last edited by jcindaville; 12-06-2012, 01:10 PM.
    Questions, comments, complaints:
    [email protected]

Comment

• Morning boys

Comment

• A couple was Christmas shopping at the **** on Christmas Eve and the **** was packed.

As the wife walked through the **** she was surprised to look up and see her husband was nowhere around.

She was quite upset because they had a lot to do.

Because she was so worried, she called him on her mobile phone to ask him where he was.

In a calm voice, the husband said,

"Honey, you remember the jewelry store we went into about 5 years ago where you fell in love with that diamond necklace

that we could not afford and I told you that I would get it for you one day?

The wife choked up and started to cry and said, "Yes, I remember that jewelry store."

He said, "Well, I'm in the bar right next to it."

Comment

• Originally posted by longnex View Post
          A couple was Christmas shopping at the **** on Christmas Eve and the **** was packed.

As the wife walked through the **** she was surprised to look up and see her husband was nowhere around.

She was quite upset because they had a lot to do.

Because she was so worried, she called him on her mobile phone to ask him where he was.

In a calm voice, the husband said,

"Honey, you remember the jewelry store we went into about 5 years ago where you fell in love with that diamond necklace

that we could not afford and I told you that I would get it for you one day?

The wife choked up and started to cry and said, "Yes, I remember that jewelry store."

He said, "Well, I'm in the bar right next to it."

Love that joke!
          Questions, comments, complaints:
          [email protected]

Comment

• Online Users: 1,036
            68 members and 968 guests

1036 viewing and we have 6 posting plays
            Last edited by Spark; 12-07-2012, 06:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spark View Post
              Online Users: 1,036
              68 members and 968 guests

1036 viewing and we have 6 posting plays
              Football season is over

Comment

• Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
                Football season is over
                Then why are 1036 viewing??

Comment

• who knows? if monte dont care why should I?
                  2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

• You need to bring back the service thread...It will bring alot more people to forum...

Comment

• Morning Guys

Comment

• Morning Spark.... so how do you feel about monte bringing back the service section?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Lovedoc View Post
                          Morning Spark.... so how do you feel about monte bringing back the service section?
                          It will never happen pal .. Been down this road a few times with him.

This site has been on cruise control for a long time now.

Comment

• Ho hum

Comment

• Morning boys

Comment

• Originally posted by The Lovedoc View Post
                                Morning Spark.... so how do you feel about monte bringing back the service section?
                                Who's Monte

Comment

Working...
                                X