Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My question is this. They've known that storm is coming for a week or more. Why didn't the construction company take the fucking thing down???

Comment

• Originally posted by jcindaville View Post
      Really, that's newsworthy, a fucking tower crane blows over.

Now I see why I don't watch the news, who gives a fuck some crane blew over.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
        My question is this. They've known that storm is coming for a week or more. Why didn't the construction company take the fucking thing down???
        I think it would take quite a while to take it down, It's 70+ stories up I believe

Comment

• Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
          My question is this. They've known that storm is coming for a week or more. Why didn't the construction company take the fucking thing down???
          Obama won 62.2% of the vote in New York in 2008. Enough said!!!!!

Comment

• Another The US Bounty. Well the Captain thinks it's better to be at sea than in the port. Then leave last week when they forecasted this!! Instead he lost the boat and maybe his life. He is one of two or three that were not recovered in the life raft by the coast guard after the boat sunk. Very sad.

JC looks like you may be getting some rain now?

Also looks like its ready to hit Lake Michigan/Chicago. Got this warning off National Weather Service web site.

* LAKE SHORE FLOODING...STRONG NORTHERLY WINDS WILL RESULT IN LARGE BATTERING WAVES OF 17 TO 22 FT THROUGH TONIGHT...WITH OCCASIONAL HIGHER WAVES.

Anyone from Chicago (Spark?) know what the damage is thought to be if any, if this happens?

Comment

• Originally posted by ToDaClub View Post
              Another The US Bounty. Well the Captain thinks it's better to be at sea than in the port. Then leave last week when they forecasted this!! Instead he lost the boat and maybe his life. He is one of two or three that were not recovered in the life raft by the coast guard after the boat sunk. Very sad.

Also looks like its ready to hit Lake Michigan/Chicago. Got this warning off National Weather Service web site.

* LAKE SHORE FLOODING...STRONG NORTHERLY WINDS WILL RESULT IN LARGE BATTERING WAVES OF 17 TO 22 FT THROUGH TONIGHT...WITH OCCASIONAL HIGHER WAVES.

Anyone from Chicago (Spark?) know what the damage is thought to be if any, if this happens?
              I saw some dudes surfing and figured it was in the ocean near NC or NY. NOPE!!! It was at Lake Michigan!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by vols fan View Post
                I saw some dudes surfing and figured it was in the ocean near NC or NY. NOPE!!! It was at Lake Michigan!!!!
                That can't be very warm right now.
                Last edited by ToDaClub; 10-30-2012, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Another The US Bounty. Well the Captain thinks it's better to be at sea than in the port. Then leave last week when they forecasted this!! Instead he lost the boat and maybe his life. He is one of two or three that were not recovered in the life raft by the coast guard after the boat sunk. Very sad.

Just sprinkling here and cold
                  Questions, comments, complaints:
                  [email protected]

Comment

I think it would take quite a while to take it down, It's 70+ stories up I believe
                    NEW YORK — A construction crane atop a $1.5 billion luxury high-rise in midtown Manhattan collapsed in high winds Monday and dangled precariously, prompting plans for engineers and inspectors to climb 74 flights of stairs to examine it as a huge storm bore down on the city.

Some buildings, including the Parker Meridien hotel, were being evacuated as a precaution and the streets below were cleared, but there were no immediate reports of injuries. City officials didn't have a number on how many people were told to leave.

The New York Times recently called the building a “global billionaires’ club” because the nine full-floor apartments near the top have all been sold to billionaires. Among them are two duplexes under contract for more than $90 million each

There goes my NY vacation pad

It had been inspected, along with other city cranes, on Friday and was found to be ready for the weather. Mayor Michael Bloomberg said later Monday it wasn't clear why the accident happened. ( I'm going to take a wild guess, It wasn't ready for the weather!!!!)
                    Last edited by ToDaClub; 10-30-2012, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Morning boys, 50 and 7 MPH winds, that's as good as it gets this time of year.

Comment

• Morning y'all. Hit em good today Club

Comment

• Originally posted by vols fan View Post
                          Morning y'all. Hit em good today Club
                          Gonna try, course is all dug up, takes some of the fun out of it. They are leveling some tee boxes, so they pull the sand from the bunkers and use that, then put new sand in the bunkers next spring. Temp tee boxes. But it beats work!!!

Comment

• KB, is this the the critter that almost got your vehicle this morning???

Comment

• Comment

• Not that Club ever works much, but I'm guessing he might not make it in tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                                X