This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
    Seriously, I have been aching so bad in my joints the last few days. Started with my left leg, feels like I have a deep bone/muscle bruise in my quad area. Still hurting there but bout 6-7 days later I have severe joint pain. Not even the same areas day after day. Knees hurt so bad tonight I can barely walk. Shoulders hurt so bad champ game night I could barely sleep. Hands, wrists, fingers been pretty brutal

Could be fibromyalga, worth a trip to the doc.

And seriously, lose some weight.

If arthritis, take ibuprofen and keep moving. Rest and inactivity is not good for that.
    NBA is a joke

Comment

• Don't think it is fibromyalga. Also, I'm in motion constantly during the day. Being seditary is not me at all.

It's just weird for this to come out of nowhere. Maybe something in my back effecting my nerves???

Comment

• I think a trip to the Dr. might be a good idea. Sounds very strange. Sure its not just a hangover???

Comment

• I did go to the doctor on Tuesday. 1st trip to the Doc ever I believe. Scheduled an ultrasound of my leg to rule out a blood clot, everything came back normal. Did some blood work, everything came back normal.

Comment

• Originally posted by flarendep1 View Post
            Could be fibromyalga, worth a trip to the doc.

And seriously, lose some weight.

If arthritis, take ibuprofen and keep moving. Rest and inactivity is not good for that.
            Actually, movement is good for arthritis during periods of relative remission. During acute exacerbations of arthritis, resting the joint is indicated to help alleviate the acute inflammation. and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen or naproxen are definitely good unless there's some kind of contraindication. Ice and/or heat applied intermittently or alternating the two sometimes helps.

Doesn't sound like your primary care doc knows yet what's causing your problem though, KB. Hope you find out. Take care of yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by garth View Post
              Actually, movement is good for arthritis during periods of relative remission. During acute exacerbations of arthritis, resting the joint is indicated to help alleviate the acute inflammation. and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen or naproxen are definitely good unless there's some kind of contraindication. Ice and/or heat applied intermittently or alternating the two sometimes helps.

Doesn't sound like your primary care doc knows yet what's causing your problem though, KB. Hope you find out. Take care of yourself.
              Yea, that is what I was going to say!

Comment

• KB you may want to get checked for HIV. Sorry.

Signed,

JCinyourass

Comment

• Originally posted by ToDaClub View Post
                  KB you may want to get checked for HIV. Sorry.

Signed,

JCinyourass

Seriously KB, I have suffered some arthritis pain in my hands particularly the joints of my thumbs from the continual use of hand tools when I'm working. I have found relief from a product called BioFreeze. It's a roll on fluid that's mentholated and while it's not a miracle, it does knock the edge off.

Also several years ago I began a regimen of an aspirin a day. I was surprised how much more energy I had and how much better I felt after about 2-3 weeks.

Drinking more water wont hurt you either, you don't have to cut down on the beer, just drink alot more water during the day.

Here's a link for BioFreeze.

Biofreeze Pain Reliever

Part of your problem is very common, Welcome to "Old Age".

TOUCHDOWN FAT BOY!

I was Born my Pappy's Son,
                  When I hit the ground, I was on the Run!
                  Jon E. Checkers

Comment

• Autoimmune and arthritis tests both came back negative as well.

Strange, very strange indeed...

Comment

• If you decide to go with the 1 asprin a day, I would go with the St Josephs childrens asprin, they are smaller doses. Don't know how much more abuse your liver can take!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ToDaClub View Post
                        If you decide to go with the 1 asprin a day, I would go with the St Josephs childrens asprin, they are smaller doses. Don't know how much more abuse your liver can take!!!
                        Lmao
                        Questions, comments, complaints:
                        [email protected]

Comment

• Golf season starts!

[IMG][/IMG]

I never saw this,

Comment

• Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
                            Autoimmune and arthritis tests both came back negative as well.

Strange, very strange indeed...
                            Maybe your just a pussy

Comment

• Originally posted by vols fan View Post
                              Maybe your just a pussy
                              LMAO

well we know he's never gotten any pussy that's for sure
                              2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

• Whats going on fellas Can you guys believe Colby is out of school tomorrow for his 5th day in a row from the snow and ice on Sunday I'm telling you guys I drive a jeep and my road going into my house is still a sheet of ice. I went back to work on Tuesday but we have all been waiting till after the sun comes up to head into work.Fucking DOT has been on the interstaes and thats it.we have been above freezing a couple of times in the afternoon but then it melts a littla and drops back down to 17 and it's another shitty morning.I'm sick of this shit and would shoot myself if I had to deal with this all winter like you yankees

Comment

Working...
                                X