Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pats caught again cheating (no surprise)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PhilJr View Post
    Didn't both teams play with the same balls??? I may be naïve, but what advantage is there to under inflated balls?
    No Phil

Each team has their own balls.
    No team plays with the same footballs
    Questions, comments, complaints:
    [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville View Post
      Monte

They deflated 11 of 12 footballs by 2 pounds each so the ball would be more catchable during a rain soaked game.
      They are fucking cheats, end of discussion.

Reprehensible is all that can be said, don't dignify cheating, it makes you look stupid.

Cheating is cheating.

Don't care what or why or how, it's still cheating.

Admit it
      Shut up
      Stop doing it

That's what I teach my children when I catch them lying or cheating

Don't dismiss it
      Apparently you didn't read the other cheating that they did or does your answer remain the same for that one as well?

I guess that's why the score was 45-7? Don't know as I didn't even see the game.

Why didn't the officials make sure the balls were at the regular inflated rate?

By the way you did play football? Asking as you state that it would make the balls easier to catch. I don't know if it would or not. I would think gloves in a rainy game would make the difference. And I can't figure out how it would help punters or kickers.

Comment

Don't the refs handle the ball enough during the game that they would have stopped and checked it out if they thought it was that big of a deal?

Comment

An under inflated football is easier to throw when it's pouring rain.

That's why the Cheaters did it

AGAIN, I'm not saying the Pats wouldn't have won no matter what!!!!

But they cheated

Own it CHEATERS, all I'm asking
          [email protected]

Comment

No Phil

Each team has their own balls.
            No team plays with the same footballs
            All balls were supposed to be checked before the game by the referee's. I guess New England switched them out?

What are the colts saying about this?

Comment

An under inflated football is easier to throw when it's pouring rain.

That's why the Cheaters did it

AGAIN, I'm not saying the Pats wouldn't have won no matter what!!!!

But they cheated

Own it CHEATERS, all I'm asking
              How do you know this?

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
                Don't the refs handle the ball enough during the game that they would have stopped and checked it out if they thought it was that big of a deal?
                Gosh damn

No one said it mattered in the outcome

It's still cheating
                [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
                  You would think that they would. They were supposed to check them before the game. Also the colts could have brought it up during the game.

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
                    How do you know this?
                    Did you read the article???

It was on espn

It's been proven they deflated the balls
                    [email protected]

Comment

Gosh damn

No one said it mattered in the outcome

It's still cheating
                      Cheating is usually for a reason. And that is to give an advantage.

Comment

Like arguing with kids

Ignore the facts

Just say it don't matter, that makes it ok to cheat
                        [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
                          Cheating is usually for a reason. And that is to give an advantage.

Ya think????
                          Duh

Captain obvious
                          [email protected]

Comment

You ain't cheating, you ain't trying

That's the old racing motto anyway

Comment

According to Boston.com, Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh was furious a week ago when the Patriots pulled what he called a substitution trick.

“It was clearly deception,” Harbaugh said after the game was already over. “That’s why I had to take the penalty, to get their attention so they would understand what was going on because [the Ravens’ defense] didn’t understand what was going on. That’s why guys were open, because we didn’t ID where the eligible receivers were at. The league will look at that type of thing, and I’m sure that they’ll make some adjustments and things like that.”

In response, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady glibly responded, “Maybe those guys gotta study the rulebook and figure it out.” But these new charges probably will not be taken so lightly since the case of cheating allegedly involves deliberately tampering with the main piece of equipment used in the game.

According to WTHR, a source within the NFL claims the league is investigating the Patriots purposefully deflated footballs in order to help win against the Colts. It’s claimed that a “deflated football would be easier to throw and catch in poor weather conditions than a properly inflated ball,” which may have contributed to the 45-7 win by the Patriots.

The NFL source claims that officials caught the Patriots cheating because they took a ball out of play and measured it for weight. If the investigation confirms that the Patriots cheated, then the team would lose future draft picks.

This punishment is not enough for some football fans. For example, Diana Bastin-Miller claims, “That should be a automatic forfeit and give the Colts the win.” Other fans note the game stats and the lopsided score, with Miguel Alejandro saying, “Quit looking for excuses and just admit the better team won.”

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1767923/pat...rE01OJz8CpK.99

Comment

What is Deflate-Gate and what is the investigation about?

The NFL requires each team to provide 12 footballs to be used in each game. When there is bad weather — as there was last Sunday for the AFC Championship Game against the Indianapolis Colts — each team must provide additional footballs.

The officials check each football before kickoff, weighing each one, examining them for imperfections and checking the air pressure, which is governed by rule.

Each ball must be inflated between 12.5 and 13.5 pounds per square inch. When a football passes inspection, it is marked by the officials for game use. That way, another non-inspected and unapproved ball cannot make its way into a game.

Each team must provide people to track the game-approved footballs, which are supposed to be tested at points throughout the game to ensure they still meet the league’s requirements.

How did the Patriots come under suspicion?

During the game, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady threw a pass toward tight end Rob Gronkowski that was intercepted by Colts linebacker D’Qwell Jackson.
                                When Jackson went to the sideline, he told the Colts equipment manager that the ball seemed underinflated, according to a report by Channel 5’s Mike Lynch. The sidelines relayed that information to Colts general manager Ryan Grigson, who immediately notified the league, sparking a postgame investigation.

Does air pressure matter?

There is a reason the NFL provides guildelines for the air pressure of the balls, while also giving some leeway: It wants the balls to be consistent for both teams and from game to game, and it prevents teams from tailoring balls to a quarterback's desire.

An underinflated football could make it easier for a quarterback to grip the ball in bad weather, giving an advantage to that team. Overinflated and underinflated footballs could be easier or more difficult to catch.

What happens now?

The NFL must decide if the investigation reveals cheating and who is responsible. If the Patriots are found to have doctored the footballs, there is likely to be a stiff penalty.

The league's options range from making the Patriots forfeit their AFC championship (which is unlikely after a 45-7 victory), suspending those involved from the Super Bowl (including possibly head coach Bill Belichick), and/or fining the Patriots and confiscating future draft picks.

Comment

Working...
                                X