Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pats caught again cheating (no surprise)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pats caught again cheating (no surprise)

ESPN
    NFL
    SPORTS
    Scores
    Standings
    News
    More
    11 of 12 Pats' footballs under-inflated
    Chris Mortensen [ARCHIVE]

ESPN.com | January 20, 2015
    The New England Patriots had 11 of their 12 allotted game footballs under-inflated by 2 pounds of air (PSI) as required by NFL regulations, according to league sources either involved or familiar with the investigation of Sunday's AFC championship game when the Patriots beat the Colts 45-7 to advance to their sixth Super Bowl.

The Patriots had 11 of their 12 game footballs under-inflated by 2 pounds of air as required by NFL regulations during the AFC championship game against the Colts, according to league sources.
    "We are not commenting at this time," said Greg Aiello, the NFL's senior vice president of communications.

Troy Vincent, the league's senior executive vice president of football operations, said earlier Tuesday that the NFL expected to wrap up its investigation in "two or three days."

Yet to be determined is what, if any, penalties may be imposed upon Patriots. One source described the league as "disappointed ... angry ... distraught," after spending considerable time on the findings earlier Tuesday.

Part of the investigation that still needs further vetting is how the 11 footballs became under-inflated. The game balls provided to each team for preparation were required to be inspected and approved by referee Walt Anderson two hours and 15 minutes before kickoff before they were returned to each team. No alteration of footballs is allowed once they are approved, under league rules and regulations.

The balls are required be inflated between 12.5 and 13.5 pounds per square inch and weigh between 14 and 15 ounces.

"We have been in complete cooperation with the league and will continue to do so," said Patriots spokesman Stacey James.
    Questions, comments, complaints:
    [email protected]

They would have shit stomped the colts with or without cheating.

But

They are fucking Cheating, it's reprehensible!
    [email protected]

Comment

Well now they won't have them in the Super Bowl game at least.... So Seattle Rolls!
      No Regretzky's!

Comment

How much of this crap is the NFL going to take from Bellacheat???

They must come down hard on this multiple offender. Either suspend him from the Super Bowl, or the entire 2015 Season.

What he's done is much worse that Peyton, and they made him miss a season on FIRST offense.

Enough of this scumbag already!!

Comment

They won't do anything

Fine them and that's it, cheating won't stop because the consequence isn't great enough to make them quit.

Jmo

I don't understand why a team like the Patriots with Tom Brady feels the need to cheat???
          [email protected]

Comment

You're right, Goddell won't do anything because Kraft is one of the "chosen" owners.

They'll do some fines and take a draft pick or two away.

This should stop once and for all the talk of Bellacheat being one of the best coaches though. Having been caught twice now clearly shows everyone that he is nothing but an habitual cheater and liar. This scumbag has no place being mentioned in the same sentence with great coaches.

Comment

Oh, my the Patriots cheated again. Just like when they were spying other teams which all teams in the league do this and yet each team must go out there and perform.

Patriots get called for it, because they have been labeled a dynasty and having one of the best QB's in the History of the sport.

Comment

Oh what a surprise, Belicheat and Tom Shady are caught cheating. I am sure Shady Brady had no idea the balls were under inflated. Yea right. You can bet that this isn't the first time they used under inflated balls in a game, just the first time they were caught. In the Ravens/Pats game the game time temp was 20 degrees. Harder to grip a ball in cold weather. Whose to say they didn't use them in that game. Goodell needs to throw the book at New England and Belicheat. He should be suspended for the entire 2015 season and I would fine the Pats $2 1/2 million and take away their first round pick for the next 2 years.

Comment

Didn't both teams play with the same balls??? I may be naïve, but what advantage is there to under inflated balls?
                  You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
                    Oh, my the Patriots cheated again. Just like when they were spying other teams which all teams in the league do this and yet each team must go out there and perform.

Patriots get called for it, because they have been labeled a dynasty and having one of the best QB's in the History of the sport.
                    Your an asshole if your trying to defend them. As I stated in my post this isn't the first time they did something Shady, only the first time they were caught.

Comment

Who's labeling them a dynasty, other than Patriot fans?

True NFL fans realize that any title the Pats have is tainted and has an asterick by it. This will continue should they somehow win this year, for the first time in 10 years.

They haven't won a SB in a decade, which, yes, coincides with the last time they caught them cheating.

I love how the Pats apologists claim everyone else is doing the same thing, blah, blah, blah. Hard to believe everyone's doing the same violations, but only Bellacheat is caught with frequency.

Comment

Originally posted by ravenmaniac View Post
                        Your an asshole if your trying to defend them. As I stated in my post this isn't the first time they did something Shady, only the first time they were caught.
                        Wrong this is not the first time that they got caught doing something! You might want to get your facts straight before you start calling people names.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilJr View Post
                          Didn't both teams play with the same balls??? I may be naïve, but what advantage is there to under inflated balls?
                          Exactly, is an under-inflated ball good for punters and kickers? And how does it help the QB's? Maybe a QB with a weak arm? I guess that was the difference in the score.

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post

Monte

They deflated 11 of 12 footballs by 2 pounds each so the ball would be more catchable during a rain soaked game.
                            They are fucking cheats, end of discussion.

Reprehensible is all that can be said, don't dignify cheating, it makes you look stupid.

Cheating is cheating.

Don't care what or why or how, it's still cheating.

Admit it
                            Shut up
                            Stop doing it

That's what I teach my children when I catch them lying or cheating

Don't dismiss it
                            [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by atolunch View Post
                              Who's labeling them a dynasty, other than Patriot fans?

True NFL fans realize that any title the Pats have is tainted and has an asterick by it. This will continue should they somehow win this year, for the first time in 10 years.

They haven't won a SB in a decade, which, yes, coincides with the last time they caught them cheating.

I love how the Pats apologists claim everyone else is doing the same thing, blah, blah, blah. Hard to believe everyone's doing the same violations, but only Bellacheat is caught with frequency.
                              Other teams were caught spying on teams at practice fields. It's like taking a top celebrity and finding anything as that will make more papers/news sell.

As for a Dynasty no that was clarified by the NFL in general. They haven't won another SB in 10 years, because of the owner not getting the right players in the past on rush defense and pass defense.

And if Seattle wins people will start calling them dynasty.

Comment

Working...
                              X