Chris Davis (Clean or Dirty)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Davis (Clean or Dirty)

He has 37 HR at the break. In 7 previous seasons (436 games) he had a total of 77 HR and 33 of those came last year.

With 20 more guys about to be suspended, don't you wonder?
    Clean
    54.55%
    Juiced
    45.45%

Filthy!!!
    Questions, comments, complaints:
    [email protected]

Comment

And now you know why these guys do it, it freaking works
      Questions, comments, complaints:
      [email protected]

Comment

Has to be dirty with the stats in the above post!!

Comment

I don't think he's dirty. I know a girl he used to date while playing with the OKC Redhawks when he was in the Texas organization. He's always been strong as an ox, just couldn't hit for shit. Roids and PED's don't make you able to see pitches like he has finally learned to do. I say he's clean, but who really knows with any of these baseball players anymore. Part of why I could care less about MLB now for the most part.

Comment

He is probably taking the same shit as Big Papi and Joey Bats. Papi is almost 38 and he is hitting .317 with 19homers and 65 RBIs and thatr after missing a bunch of games. Bautista averaged 18 homers per year between 2006-2009 and then hits 53 and 43 homers in 2010 and 2011. These guys must be certain that MLB can't test for what they are taking because you know MLB is probably having Davis piss into a cup twice a week. Davis' stats are so off the wall that everyone is going to assume he is on something, which will make the scrutiny more intense.

Comment

The question wasn't about big papi or Joey. We know that papi was most likely on it because he was in the Mitchell report. We already know that.

The question is about 1 guy, the one who has the AL record for HR's at the break ... Chris Davis.

I say he is dirtier than the diaper bin in a maternity ward!!!

Comment

Before the 2012 season - 1 HR every 22.84 AB

2013 - 1 HR every 9.3 AB

Comment

He used to K all the time. His K numbers gotta be way down right?

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                    The question wasn't about big papi or Joey. We know that papi was most likely on it because he was in the Mitchell report. We already know that.

The question is about 1 guy, the one who has the AL record for HR's at the break ... Chris Davis.

I say he is dirtier than the diaper bin in a maternity ward!!!
                    My comment about Big Papi and Joey Bats was to say that we can point to a player on almost every team and question whether they are dirty or not. Davis may very well be dirty, but so may Miguel Cabrera, Max Scherzer and Yaziel Puig. Who gives two shits about it anyway. Baseball has always been full of cheaters. Gaylord Perry was called a cheater for years. Jim Bunting, the Hall of Fame pitcher used to be accused of using his belt buckle to doctor balls. I could go on and on.

Comment

His body size hasn't changed from last year. Who knows? I do know he has a hot wife, which is all that matters!

Comment

If you look at Chris Davis' minor league stats, 531 games played and 114 HR'S. That's an average of 30 HR'S a year. Last year, in his first full year of Major league ball, he hit 33. So it's not so far fetched that a guy can hit 50-60 HR'S in a career year. It's not like the guy was only averaging 15 a year. I'm guessing, but I think Bonds was only hitting between 15-20 HR'S before he allegedly started juicing.

Comment

Originally posted by ravenmaniac View Post
                          My comment about Big Papi and Joey Bats was to say that we can point to a player on almost every team and question whether they are dirty or not. Davis may very well be dirty, but so may Miguel Cabrera, Max Scherzer and Yaziel Puig. Who gives two shits about it anyway. Baseball has always been full of cheaters. Gaylord Perry was called a cheater for years. Jim Bunting, the Hall of Fame pitcher used to be accused of using his belt buckle to doctor balls. I could go on and on.

hahaha C'mon raven, don't change your tune now. I thought you with your "Bill Bellicheat" phrase in every Patriots thread you can find meant that you of all people hated cheaters. You can't have it both ways and ignore in one sport and despise it in another.

I think everyone knows that Baseball is considered the ultimate numbers based sport. Numbers/Records in Baseball are more sacred than in any other sport ... by a mile!

There is a reason why PED Suspensions get brushed under the rug in other sports like Football but not in Baseball. It is also why cases like Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens garner so much media attention and it is because they changing Record Books and Chris Davis is doing the same thing right now so you have to wonder.

I don't trust anybody in Baseball but as far as Miggy Cabrera goes, unlike Davis, he has been putting up HUGE numbers since he entered the Majors at 19 or 20 years old and I have never seen him on a list.

In Miggy's first 10 full seasons in the Majors he has averaged 34 HR's per season. That includes 9 of 10 seasons with 30+. Until I hear otherwise with him, I will consider him to be one of the Best Hitters of All Time when his career ends. He has done it consistently for a decade now, year after year after year.

And there have been cheaters in EVERY sport through the years!
                          Last edited by wayne1218; 07-15-2013, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
                            He used to K all the time. His K numbers gotta be way down right?
                            Very little change in that.

Before 2012 - 1 K every 2.95 AB

Since 2012 - 1 K every 3.08 AB

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                              Very little change in that.

Before 2012 - 1 K every 2.95 AB

Since 2012 - 1 K every 3.08 AB
                              Just this year kb it's 1 K every 3.12 AB

Miguel Cabrera (This Year) - 1 K every 5.66 AB

Big Papi (This Year) - 1 K every 6.67 AB
                              Last edited by wayne1218; 07-15-2013, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X