Thank you Kerry Wood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Kerry Wood

Love that he gets to go out on his own terms. Fitting that he struck out the last batter he faced! Thanks for all the memories Woody!

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
    Love that he gets to go out on his own terms. Fitting that he struck out the last batter he faced! Thanks for all the memories Woody!
    I remember early in his career he made the braves hitters look like a high school team in a playoff game. Never dreamed he would just stall out like he did these past years. I'm sure injuries had alot to do with it but IMO he lost his stuff a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
      I remember early in his career he made the braves hitters look like a high school team in a playoff game. Never dreamed he would just stall out like he did these past years. I'm sure injuries had alot to do with it but IMO he lost his stuff a few years ago.

by a few years ago do you mean like 2002 ?
      2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

the pain killers must be affecting KB. I mean how many times did you rip into Kerry Underwood over the years on this site?
        2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

If it wasn't for Mark Prior, this guy may have been the biggest UNDERACHIEVER in Cubs history. The Greg Oden of baseball!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
            If it wasn't for Mark Prior, this guy may have been the biggest UNDERACHIEVER in Cubs history. The Greg Oden of baseball!
            Not even close. Go look at his numbers. Not saying HOF or anything but an Oden comparison is a joke.

Comment

Oden was a joke but let's face it, so was Wood when compared to his "Hype". 16 stints on the DL and 3 season ending injuries = BUST

Comment

Oden was a joke but let's face it, so was Wood when compared to his "Hype". 16 stints on the DL and 3 season ending injuries = BUST
                checkmate!!

Comment

Do you just come back here when you're ready to pick a fight

Comment

Record was nothing special by any means at (86-75) and even as a closer, he was not good. Yes, he saved 63 games but he also had a mind boggling 28 blown saves too!

Just not sure what was so deserving of the "Love" and standing ovations for him today.

Comment

Kinda like the love for Veritek huh?

Comment

Do you just come back here when you're ready to pick a fight
                        Who is fighting? We all have opinions and it is a talk forum (I thought).

Comment

Who is fighting? We all have opinions and it is a talk forum (I thought).
                          It was a joke Doc, notice the

Comment

Kinda like the love for Veritek huh?
                            He led 2 pitching staffs to a WS title and called and caught 4 no hitters. Is he a HOF player? Hell no, but his ass wasn't going up to the window in a wheelchair with a ski mask on to collect his checks either. He has 2 rings and that alone deserves an ovation and a thank you. Again, can't figure out what Wood ever did to deserve that.

Comment

I don't hate Wood kb but seriously, C'mon, what did he do beyond a 20 K game?

Comment

Working...
                              X