MLB Wildcard Races

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Wildcard Races

Both may be tied heading in to the final day of the season as the Red Sox and Braves blew 9 & 8.5 game leads they had on September 1st.

Any purist that didn't and doesn't like the WC should rethink it now because this has become very interesting!

The Red Sox throw Lester on 3 days rest and he is (14-0) against the O's in 17 career starts. The O's start Simon

The Rays throw Price who is (3-1) in his career against the NYY. Nobody knows who is starting for NY or who will even play.

The Braves throw Hudson (2-2 L3 Years) against Philly. They may catch a break as the listed starter (Hamels) now looks like he will be pulled and Blanton will start.

The Cards throw their ace Carpenter (2-2 L3 Years) against Myers and the Astros.

Do you think we will have 1 or 2 tie breaker games Thursday?

No opinion on any others except the redsox. I've got a funny feeling it comes down to a playoff game with the rays.
    Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.

Comment

I think I will ride Boston Tomm. I kinda think all 4 win Tomm,

Comment

All I know is that even if Lester falters, I will be disappointed if Sox can't get it done against Simple Simon.

Comment

I'm going to the Braves game tonight and in my lifetime Braves are probably 2-85 while I'm in attendance. Percentages say take Philly

Comment

I must say I feel that all 4 will win as well and we will have 2 playoff games to determine who gets in as the WC. Dramatic finish to this race but extremely disappointing to see both teams crumble down the stretch like this.
            NFL System - Year 1
            Week 2 3-2 +0.8 Units
            Week 3 3-2-1 +0.8 Units
            Week 3 3-3 -0.3 Units
            Week 4 3-2 +0.8 Units
            Week 5 2-3 -1.3 Units
            Week 6 4-1 +2.9 Units
            Week 7 3-0 +3.0 Units
            Week 8 2-3 -2.35 Units
            Week 9 0-1 -1.1 Units
            Season Total 23-17 +3.35 Units

Comment

Boston has done a major choke job all month. They were lucky to hang on and win that game yesterday. If Francona doesn't put in that minor league catcher who hit 2 home runs they would have lost. Hell the Oriole players have nbever played a real meaningful game in September. They are treating this like the 7th game of the World Series. All the pressure is on Boston. I don't think either league will have a playoff. Tampa and St. Louis win the woild cards tonight.

Comment

Havnt the braves done a major choke job too raven? Their lead was only a half game less than bostons

Comment

Red sox suck and I agree that it is a major choke job but why does atlanta get a free pass? I just don't understand that.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                    Red sox suck and I agree that it is a major choke job but why does atlanta get a free pass? I just don't understand that.
                    Who is giving them a pass? I picked Tampa and St. Louis to win the WC. I agree, Atlanta has done as big a choke job as Boston.

Comment

Well there are a ton of braves fans here and I'm willing to bet more than red sox fans and I havnt heard anything or much at all from them. No bitch threads, nothing.

Comment

Cause they're used to it.

Comment

Honestly, maybe they just don't care as much. Not trying to be funny but it just seems that way.

Comment

I love Braves, but when football season starts I lose interest. Football is south.

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
                              Cause they're used to it.
                              Seriously how many division titles did the Braves win over the last 20 years, 13 or 14, and they have 1 world series ring to show for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X