Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post

This thread isn't about Lackey as a Halo
    No one said it was but when someone makes a statement which is open to question and may not be correct, anyone has a right to challenge it no matter what relevance it has to the main topic of discussion.
    To play Devil's Advocate, if the thread is not about Lackey as an Angel, then it should not have been stated in the first place how he did against the sox when he pitched for them.

Comment

• Tony Man, It is great to see you back. It really is. I love seeing guys who were here back in the day!

Comment

• Originally posted by TwoTonTony View Post
        Savage-
        I will just ignore you and not respond. I can live with that. To argue with you would be foolish for me. I am here to correspond with others. Thank you and continued success.
        Thats fine with me;if that is how you deal with people with whom you have disagreements, then so be it.

Comment

• Wayne-a simple yes or no-are you going to answer the question I asked in post 190?

Comment

• Thanks Wayne....I dont bet anymore....Spent the last 3 years disabled....11 docs and tremendous pain in spine...leg and pelvis among other places...Long story short....I've had 7 surgeries in 2 years and am finally functioning. Seems i had a rare hip disorder that made them immobile and forced other muscles to do more work than intended.....Had ads torn off pubic bone as well as groin muscles too. Had pelvis reconstructed in Philly by same doc that does all the pro's. Then due to the hips my knee tore....now need knee replacement. In between this i had both hips reconstructed...(not replaced...but much harder recovery)...And recently had the hip tendons released (severed) due to the fact they shortened so much to protect the hip they were now sawing into the labrum.

i can now work out again and live...but the last 3 years were hell....

Just here to keep things light and speak with people i enjoy and ignore others who want to be "debate champions".

Great to see you Wayne.

Comment

• Originally posted by savage1 View Post
              Wayne-a simple yes or no-are you going to answer the question I asked in post 190?
              savage, I havn't even thought about it. All i care about is what the douchebag has done here and so far it's nothing!

Comment

Thanks Wayne....I dont bet anymore....Spent the last 3 years disabled....11 docs and tremendous pain in spine...leg and pelvis among other places...Long story short....I've had 7 surgeries in 2 years and am finally functioning. Seems i had a rare hip disorder that made them immobile and forced other muscles to do more work than intended.....Had ads torn off pubic bone as well as groin muscles too. Had pelvis reconstructed in Philly by same doc that does all the pro's. Then due to the hips my knee tore....now need knee replacement. In between this i had both hips reconstructed...(not replaced...but much harder recovery)...And recently had the hip tendons released (severed) due to the fact they shortened so much to protect the hip they were now sawing into the labrum.

i can now work out again and live...but the last 3 years were hell....

Just here to keep things light and speak with people i enjoy and ignore others who want to be "debate champions".

Great to see you Wayne.
                Holy fuck man. What a nightmare. I couldn't even imagine going through all of that. If the pain didn't kill me, the depression would. Sorry to hear that man but i'm glad you are getting a little better.

Comment

• Savage-
                  My life has changed to the point I dont need arguments....nor do i want to major in minor things. When you come as close the end as i did minor things just dont matter anymore...I choose to ignore people like you. No offense...but i just choose to spend my time with people i enjoy. I am done arguing with people...not just you. If I somehow say something erroneous...I will concede and move on. If someone continues to persist after I acknowledge then I am gone. It is like the salesman who keeps trying to sell after the client agrees.

I said you were right...now I am disengaging from you.

Comment

• Wayne...thanks for the kind words. I am working out hard again...putting off knee replacement for as long as possible. I will never run again but can do anything else. The challenge is just getting these muscles to stay lengthened. Funny thing is I am 3/4" taller after they released the tendons. The doc says what caused it was catching so much while my hip growth plates were maturing causing them to exceed the size of the socket and creating a bony impingemnt which untreated wreacks havoc. My muscled body from fighting allowed me to compensate until everything finally let go.

The pain was 24/7 for almost 6 years......I was 9 days away from ending it. I wrote letters to my folks but by a wierd twist of fate and intervention by God I met someone on the internet who had the same thing. They saw my post on a bad back site and suggested this. I went to my doc and he said if i ahd this i would not be able to walk. I went to Philly and was diagnosed right away...nothing holding my pelvis together. The previous doc wanted to amputate my leg from the calf down due to the fluid buildup causing the leg to burst from inside out (edema)...

It has been a long road and whoever made the statment..."without your health you have nothing" is correct...

So if you can understand I dont want to engage in the negativity. I want to come back for a few laughs and maybe make a few $50 plays here and there and steal some picks.

Comment

Wayne...thanks for the kind words. I am working out hard again...putting off knee replacement for as long as possible. I will never run again but can do anything else. The challenge is just getting these muscles to stay lengthened. Funny thing is I am 3/4" taller after they released the tendons. The doc says what caused it was catching so much while my hip growth plates were maturing causing them to exceed the size of the socket and creating a bony impingemnt which untreated wreacks havoc. My muscled body from fighting allowed me to compensate until everything finally let go.

The pain was 24/7 for almost 6 years......I was 9 days away from ending it. I wrote letters to my folks but by a wierd twist of fate and intervention by God I met someone on the internet who had the same thing. They saw my post on a bad back site and suggested this. I went to my doc and he said if i ahd this i would not be able to walk. I went to Philly and was diagnosed right away...nothing holding my pelvis together. The previous doc wanted to amputate my leg from the calf down due to the fluid buildup causing the leg to burst from inside out (edema)...

It has been a long road and whoever made the statment..."without your health you have nothing" is correct...

So if you can understand I dont want to engage in the negativity. I want to come back for a few laughs and maybe make a few $50 plays here and there and steal some picks.
                      I don't blame you man. We never know how short life is until we see a glimpse of the end of it. I'm sure it was scary. It's something i don't even like to think about.

Comment

• Originally posted by gizmo View Post
                        I am sorry I have to say this but I cant believe that the Administrator and Moderator are being this ignorant.

Lackey stinks fair enough ,I have said he stinks many times.

To help you guys out with the math,run support is not every game its an average of what they score when he pitches no matter if its a win or a loss.

So again the math would be if they score 12 one game and 6 another and 9 another,what would that be kids.Its 9 correct I thought me mixing up the #s might trick you because you have a hard time reading and understanding what your reading.

I already told you his ERA in 11 wins is 3.67 and his ERA is 3.29 in 7 losses.

So if he was getting 9 + runs a game like you keep saying he would have at least 18 wins.

But because its an average he gets ALL DIFFERENT AMOUNTS of runs every game.So he can win a game 16-4 which he did and lose a game 2-0 which he did.Those 18 runs the other day count toward that 9 run average even tho he was not capable of getting a win.

Run support helps of course but just because they score for someone doesnt mean they win the games 9-8 every time he pitches and thats what you keep making it sound like.
                        Lackey's ERA is still out of whack.
                        His WHIP is too high as well.
                        Opponents BA is way too high.
                        He's hit 19 batters this year.
                        Given up 20 HR's
                        Given up 198 hits in 154 innings.

Games Won by Boston when Lackey pitched:

12-0 ERA 4.80 80.2 innings 96 hits .293 BA 1.43 WHIP

Games Lost by Boston when Lackey pitched:

0-12 ERA 8.35 73.1 innings 102 hits .328 BA 1.85 WHIP

1st inning pitched by Lackey on the Season:

8.67 ERA 27 innings 39 hits .331 BA 1.78 WHIP

2011 Numbers:

vs Left .349
                        vs Right .264
                        Home Games 6.65
                        Away Games 6.22
                        On Grass 6.11
                        On Turf 8.86
                        Day Games 7.14
                        Night Games 6.03
                        September 10.70
                        Last 30 Days 9.12

I'm showing on average Boston scored an average of 5.92 runs per game when lackey pitched. From looking at his starts he pitched 3 games that he should have gotten a W from.

However, I see 8 Wins for Lackey that he pitched too shitty to get a W. He got the W, because Boston scored a lot of runs in those games.

My point is that he sucks. Probably won't pitch much longer in MLB.

As for the Red Sox and why they blew their lead is an issue that I'm not relating Lackey. It takes a team to win. A pitcher can go out and have a great game, but if there's no run support it doesn't matter. If the pitcher goes out and get's hammered his team has to keep up with the runs he's giving out.

Comment

• Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
                          I'm showing on average Boston scored an average of 5.92 runs per game when lackey pitched. From looking at his starts he pitched 3 games that he should have gotten a W from.
                          Run Support for pitchers who have pitched 100 or more innings this season .........

2011 MLB Baseball Pitching Statistics and League Leaders - Major League Baseball - ESPN

Comment

• Originally posted by gizmo View Post
                            OK ,let me try this another way.

Would you like your #4 or #5 starter to have 18 of his 27 starts ERA be 3.50????
                            Where are you getting this info at? I'm looking at his starts on CBS website. Can you point out the 18 starts that he did well in?

John Lackey, Boston Red Sox, MLB - CBSSports.com Baseball

Comment

• go to post 152, I said in 11 of his wins not counting his first win of the year his ERA is whatever i said and in 7 of his losses his ERA is whatever I said it was

Comment

• Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                                Run Support for pitchers who have pitched 100 or more innings this season .........

2011 MLB Baseball Pitching Statistics and League Leaders - Major League Baseball - ESPN
                                I didn't calculate mine correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X