No announcement yet.

Deron Williams to Nets deal pending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange move for Boston to make imo. Is the run in Beantown over?

Comment

Perkins already declined one offer from Boston and he will be a FA this summer. He also got banged up the other night and has seemed to be injury prone lately. The biggest thing they miss with him is defense and toughness no doubt. That will be a huge loss there but he has no offensive game really and they didn't think they were going to be able to resign him.

With Daniels out for the year, they were desperate to get a backup for Pierce and i love the one they got in Jeff Green. He is averaging about 16 points and 6 or 7 rebs per game. He has an option for next year too at only about 6 million. Boston drafted him 5th and traded him. Now they get him back. He is young and he will be a great 6th man off the bench for now.

Nenad doesn't do much for me. He is better on offense than Perk but way below on D.

They also traded 2 other big men in Erden and Harangody. I think after G.S. buys out Troy Murphy, he will be in Boston too.

They only have 8 guys dressed for tonight though so i'm not sure how that plays out.

I hate losing perk but we were losing him in 2 1/2 months anyway and i really love the Jeff Green pickup.

Comment

Same with Green about the free agency deal.

I love the D and toughness Perk will bring to OKC.

Harden has been playing pretty damn good and can give OKC the offense they are losing with Green.

Perk brings something that OKC has been missing. A tough interior defender.

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
          Same with Green about the free agency deal.
          You sure kb cuz they said on the radio up here that the team has an option for next year already at about 6 million, which would guarantee they have him next year too!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
            You sure kb cuz they said on the radio up here that the team has an option for next year already at about 6 million, which would guarantee they have him next year too!
            I know OKC was trying to lock him up this past offseason and he turned the deal down cause it was not a max offer. I thought he was a restricted free agent after this year where OKC could match whatever was offered to him, which led me to believe he would walk because OKC will not pay him max money with Westbrook lined up to do so next year.

I could be wrong though.

Comment

I don't know i guess.

Harden has been good and will be fine. Losing him off the bench could hurt the bench though?

Robinson is a good spark plug off the bench though.

Comment

I don't know. The thing I do know is I can't wait to see Perk on the court in Thunder blue

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
                  I don't know. The thing I do know is I can't wait to see Perk on the court in Thunder blue
                  Well after hurting his knee again the other night, he is out again for a few more games at least.

Comment

Well after hurting his knee again the other night, he is out again for a few more games at least.
                    He can sit out the next two months for all I care. The real season starts then

Comment

You will like him kb. He is a hothead though so be prepared for some "T's"

Comment

Good, I think the Thunder need a little attitude!

Comment

Wayne, can little Nate play the 2 spot in a backup role?

Comment

Kb, nate IS a 2. He played pg here cuz delonte west has been out all year but he is back. Nate is and wants to be a sg and he can light it up too. He became expendable when west came back. The more this trade is talked about up here, the more I love it ........ for both teams!

Comment

Kb, nate IS a 2. He played pg here cuz delonte west has been out all year but he is back. Nate is and wants to be a sg and he can light it up too. He became expendable when west came back. The more this trade is talked about up here, the more I love it ........ for both teams!
                              same here. Hate to see Green go, but from what I have heard all along Thunder weren't going to be able to keep him anyway. They definitely needed some interior defense. I love Sam Presti. He's a really good GM...but What amazes me is how efficient the Thunder are at keeping their plans and directions under wraps until a deal is done. Nobody ever knows anything in advance until the front office wants them to know and that's after the deal is done.

The media don't even know enough in advance to intelligently speculate. Amazing.
                              Last edited by garth; 02-26-2011, 08:38 AM.

Comment

I think Boston is going to have to find more minutes for Green or he will be bolting. He's got enough talent to play 30+ minutes but hard for him to find these minutes on this team imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X