Super Bowl IN GAME THREAD!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DBURGH View Post
    What has Ben done? People convict a guy that wasn't even charged with a crime. Let's take a look just at this forum, photo post. In that forum there are numerous guys that fawn over 18-22 year old girls that are naked and talk about what they would do to them. I have gone bar hopping many times with groups of guys who are looking to score after college football games on a college campus. You mean to tell me that most of the people here wouldn't get a hummer from a 20 year old if she was throwing herself at you? If you say no, which I would now only because I am happily married then you are in the great minority. So, some people need to get off of their high horse and let this young guy alone. What more do you want him to do,,,,he is now trying to do the right things. And anyone who thinks he can't carry a team, doesn't watch the Steelers week in and week out like I do.

I bet Green Bay yesteday but people really need to let it go about Big Ben. Everyone deserves a second chance.

I wonder how many "angels" on here that knock Ben have been given a second chance at something in life. I don't condone what he did BUT he does deserve another chance and so far, he has been doing the right things.

Like the old saying goes - People who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones.

I know I am one who can't throw stones.
    jc Wishes He Can Get A Goat

Comment

Big Ben doesn't matter anymore. Only one quarterback stood out yesterday and it's #12.
      "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Chalk again!!!!!

unreal
        2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by baseballdave View Post

I bet Green Bay yesteday but people really need to let it go about Big Ben. Everyone deserves a second chance.

I wonder how many "angels" on here that knock Ben have been given a second chance at something in life. I don't condone what he did BUT he does deserve another chance and so far, he has been doing the right things.

Like the old saying goes - People who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones.

I know I am one who can't throw stones.
          My issue really isn't with how he acts off the field (though I'm sure he can improve in that area)...my issue with the fact that now in 2 of 3 SBs, he was bad. I don't understand the infatuation with the guy. Like I said, now-a-days winning SBs is all that matters I guess.

Comment

That is exactly what I was saying last week. His stats are generally pretty average with pitt having a great D and usually a really nice running game. He manages the game well but is nothing that special.

But you get those super bowls and you become elite. Just don't think he is a guy that can carry the load. Give me a handful of other guys before I even start discussin him as the QB of my team.
            Hoops

Comment

I have seen enough of Ben to know he is one of the toughest guys to play the position. He aint pretty, especially after Haloti Ngata gave him a nose job this year , but he gets it done and may be one of the best 3rd down QB's out there.

Keep in mind guys that the SB game itself should not be the only measure, he GOT them into those SB's.
              NBA is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopster007 View Post
                That is exactly what I was saying last week. His stats are generally pretty average with pitt having a great D and usually a really nice running game. He manages the game well but is nothing that special.

But you get those super bowls and you become elite. Just don't think he is a guy that can carry the load. Give me a handful of other guys before I even start discussin him as the QB of my team.
                His 3 SB starts:

vs. Seattle 9/21 123 yds O TDs 2 INTs QB Rating: 22.6 (wow, that is brutal)

vs. AZ 21/30 256 yds 1 TD 1 INT QB Rating: 93.2 (people act like this was a stellar performance)

vs. GB 25/40 263 yds 2 TDs 2 INTs QB Rating: 77.4

Combined: 55/91 642 yds 3 TDs 5 INTs

So again, please stop with Roethlisberger is "great." If you're a homer or don't actually watch the games, you'd think "well, he has 2 SB rings, he must be awesome," when in reality, he played ok in one game, bad in another, and terrible in another. He had one stellar drive against AZ and that translates to playing "stellar" in that SB?

STOP!

Comment

big ben has exactly 1 more ring than #18 for the colts has.

Im no fan of ben off the field....from what i've heard he is a total a-hole. setting aside the "rape" allegations.
                  2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopster007 View Post

The problem with the NFL is the QB situation sucks in my opinion. Go back 10-15 years ago and you had MANY more QB's that were VERY good. Now, you can count on 2 hands the number of "Elite" QB's. That is why Ben gets the accolades that he does, because in the state of bad QB's in the NFL, he deserves to get some accolades. Again, just my opinion.

Elite - (and some of these are questionable) - Tom Brady, P.Manning, Philip Rivers (on MANY "elite" lists that has done much less as far as winning than Ben), Matt Ryan, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger, Eli Manning (might not be on this list 10 years ago).

Close or Questionable to above list - Matt Schaub, Joe Flacco, Tony Romo (overrated in my opinion), Michael Vick (need to see him have more than this one good year. He never "led" Atlanta anywhere)

Up and Coming Possibly - Ryan Fitzpatrick, Colt McCoy, Jason Freeman, Matt Stafford, Sam Bradford, Matt Cassel, Mark Sanchez.

Average (some at best) - Chad Henne, Carson Palmer, Jason Campbell, Kyle Orton, David Garrard, Matt Hasselback, Jay Cutler.

You have 6 teams that don't even know who will be their starter - Carolina - probably Clausen by default, Tennessee, Washington, Minnesota, Arizona, San Fran.

Look at the list and tell me that Ben doesn't to be in the Top 10 - even if its by default.
                    And I'm not a fan of Ben, BUT he is as good as the Top 10 in the NFL.
                    Just my opinion.
                    Last edited by baseballdave; 02-07-2011, 11:14 PM.
                    jc Wishes He Can Get A Goat

Comment

"Elite - (and some of these are questionable) - Tom Brady, P.Manning, Philip Rivers (on MANY "elite" lists that has done much less as far as winning than Ben), Matt Ryan, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger, Eli Manning (might not be on this list 10 years ago)."

Brady, Manning, Rivers, Brees, Rodgers = Elite

The rest IMO aren't close to elite.

Comment

I know rivers puts up numbers but I can't call him elite yet. Every year they start out slow and bow out of the playoffs early. Not until he does or wins something in the postseason. Sorry!

Comment

Working...
                        X