No announcement yet.

Sources: Adrian Gonzalez to Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

u guys have that psl crap for pats season tickets like they have for Giants and Jets tickets.

Comment

wow, if I was a padres fan I'd be pissed. That dude's numbers should blow up at Fenway.
      "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." -Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by grandmama View Post
        wow, if I was a padres fan I'd be pissed. That dude's numbers should blow up at Fenway.
        And they moved the bullpens in RF in 9 feet this winter. Lefties will have even more fun at Fenway and AGon will LOVE that wall in LF too. Fenway is a Little League park compared to Petco. His numbers could explode!

Comment

Originally posted by gizmo View Post
          u guys have that psl crap for pats season tickets like they have for Giants and Jets tickets.
          Last Pats game i went to 2 seasons ago cost us $2,800 for 8 nose bleed seats and that didn't include the $130 to park a RV.

Fucking outrageous!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner View Post
            I think if the padres get iglesis that's not a bad trade for them.
            Doesn't look like he is included and if not, that is HUGE for Boston. They talk about that kid more than any other as being a great SS for 10-12 years and he should be the starter at SS in 2012, when Scutaro's contract is up.

Comment

The fantasy stats for gonzalez will be a whole lot better than the huge petco park.
              MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
              HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
              0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Love this move.

Elsbury
                pedroia
                gonzalez
                youk
                papi

and that don't include if the sox can get crawford.
                2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

SI.com's Jon Heyman is reporting that the Red Sox and Adrian Gonzalez could not agree to a contract extension and the deal has fallen through.

Boston reportedly couldn't come to an agreement with Gonzalez on a contract extension by Sunday afternoon's deadline. Earlier reports said the Red Sox might go through with the trade regardless, but Heyman believes the trade has fallen through. Boston and San Diego agreed to a trade on Thursday that sent Gonzalez to the Red Sox and prospects Casey Kelly, Anthony Rizzo, Reymond Fuentes and a PTBNL to the Padres. We'll pass along more information as it becomes available.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner View Post
                    SI.com's Jon Heyman is reporting that the Red Sox and Adrian Gonzalez could not agree to a contract extension and the deal has fallen through.

Boston reportedly couldn't come to an agreement with Gonzalez on a contract extension by Sunday afternoon's deadline. Earlier reports said the Red Sox might go through with the trade regardless, but Heyman believes the trade has fallen through. Boston and San Diego agreed to a trade on Thursday that sent Gonzalez to the Red Sox and prospects Casey Kelly, Anthony Rizzo, Reymond Fuentes and a PTBNL to the Padres. We'll pass along more information as it becomes available.
                    How many times has boston come "close" to getting a big star and it eventually falls through... This has got to sting sox fans. I mean, i'm sure a deal will get done, but this has to sting a bit.
                    Last edited by The Lovedoc; 12-05-2010, 04:15 PM.

Comment

why would the sox make this trade w/o having discussed a long term deal with gonzalez?
                      2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry View Post
                        why would the sox make this trade w/o having discussed a long term deal with gonzalez?
                        i know makes no sense
                        MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
                        HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                        0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

worth signed with nats. thank god i didnt want the sox getting him. I think he is highly overrated IMO
                          2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

worth signed with nats. thank god i didnt want the sox getting him. I think he is highly overrated IMO
                            Coming from a Phillies fan, I don't think he's overrate, I actually think he's underrated. That being said, 7 yrs and 126 million is ludicrous.

Comment

Originally posted by LVJimmy View Post
                              Coming from a Phillies fan, I don't think he's overrate, I actually think he's underrated. That being said, 7 yrs and 126 million is ludicrous.
                              he wanted and got Matt holliday $$$$ and contract. Thing is he isnt nearly the player. batting,hr's and over his career just look at it.... its not even close. He had 2 maybe 3 good seasons tops. I'm not sayin he isnt a good player but 126 mil for a 31yr old guy who had 2 good seasons is far to much for me. I was praying the sox wouldnt get him. glad they didnt. not for that many years at that price.
                              2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

he wanted and got Matt holliday $$$$ and contract. Thing is he isnt nearly the player. batting,hr's and over his career just look at it.... its not even close. He had 2 maybe 3 good seasons tops. I'm not sayin he isnt a good player but 126 mil for a 31yr old guy who had 2 good seasons is far to much for me. I was praying the sox wouldnt get him. glad they didnt. not for that many years at that price.
                                Like I said, I agree, 7 yrs at that price is ridiculous, but he's a very good player IMO and I think he would've been a great fit in Boston. I think a 4-5 yr deal at 13-15 mil/season was about right.

Comment

Working...
                                X