Fuck the World Cup. That's Right I Said It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DBURGH View Post
    As an all sports fan, can anyone really compare baseball to playoff hocky for excitement? Baseball is truly a snooze fest only to be outdone by Soccer. If you don't understand the rules of hockey you may not completely get it, but how can you not appreciate a sport that is end to end with speed and skill, only to be topped off with bone crushing hits and tougher players than any sport going. Every shot, every hit, every pass can make a difference in this high speed game. Wait, the pitcher just threw another ball. Now the count is full.
    Well your right, Pirate baseball is a bore fest

And a suck fest too

Jk bro
    Questions, comments, complaints:
    [email protected]

Comment

As an all sports fan, can anyone really compare baseball to playoff hocky for excitement? Baseball is truly a snooze fest only to be outdone by Soccer. If you don't understand the rules of hockey you may not completely get it, but how can you not appreciate a sport that is end to end with speed and skill, only to be topped off with bone crushing hits and tougher players than any sport going. Every shot, every hit, every pass can make a difference in this high speed game. Wait, the pitcher just threw another ball. Now the count is full.

Comment

This is where I would have to disagree with most of yall. I love soccer. Unlike other sports, scores are very hard to come by. Scoring a goal is like scoring the game winning TD, hitting a line drive to bring in a runner to win the championship, etc...To me, I think baseball is the most boring game/sport. Maybe because I never tried to like it.
        NFL Kruise
        2-2*

*updated as of 9/9

Comment

I've watched every game so far and the level of play is down significantly from 2006 at this point. Hopefully things pick up starting with Brazil this afternoon, but we're on pace to have the lowest scoring World Cup in history and it's not even particularly close (1.5 per game right now; lowest was 2.2 in 1990).

Comment

I do like hockey and i think soccer sucks ass to be honest. The only soccer games i ever watch or care about is the World Cup because i do find it somewhat interesting as sorta the Olympics of soccer.

Now, i do like hockey and i watch it a hell of a lot more than i ever would soccer but let's get real. The NHL is considered one of the four major sports in this country and it is the only one without a legit non cable tv deal and the league is hanging on by a freakin' thread. Nobody wants it and at least 1/2 the teams in this league are ready to fold. Hell, the hockey capital of the world (Canada) can't even support teams for their own sport. That is why Quebec and Winnipeg had to leave town and many others are losing money hand over fist.

The only way this league would revive itself would be to cut the teams in half. The 12-14 teams left would be like watching the Olympics again and it would be great hockey all year and not just in June. The talent pool is too watered down and 1/2 the players in this league have no clue about the english language. It's hard for most to relate to them and as much as you may love it, Hockey continues to head SOUTH under Bettman and if something doesn't change soon, it's only gonna get worse and these teams will start folding 1 by 1.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
              I do like hockey and i think soccer sucks ass to be honest. The only soccer games i ever watch or care about is the World Cup because i do find it somewhat interesting as sorta the Olympics of soccer.

Now, i do like hockey and i watch it a hell of a lot more than i ever would soccer but let's get real. The NHL is considered one of the four major sports in this country and it is the only one without a legit non cable tv deal and the league is hanging on by a freakin' thread. Nobody wants it and at least 1/2 the teams in this league are ready to fold. Hell, the hockey capital of the world (Canada) can't even support teams for their own sport. That is why Quebec and Winnipeg had to leave town and many others are losing money hand over fist.

The only way this league would revive itself would be to cut the teams in half. The 12-14 teams left would be like watching the Olympics again and it would be great hockey all year and not just in June. The talent pool is too watered down and 1/2 the players in this league have no clue about the english language. It's hard for most to relate to them and as much as you may love it, Hockey continues to head SOUTH under Bettman and if something doesn't change soon, it's only gonna get worse and these teams will start folding 1 by 1.
              I agree. Mostly about all the foreigners in the league. It was OK when each team had a few.

Another problem the players have become too big. They've outgrown the size of the rink. Olympic hockey is much more exciting because they play in a bigger rink.

The NHL needs to 'fix' games like they do in the NBA. It needs it's original teams, the Rangers, Bruins, Red Wings, Blackhawks, Canadiens and Leafs to do well. While the Red Wings have had much success the others have done very little. The Blackhawks won their first cup in 50 years. The Rangers have been average at best for 16 years. The Bruins haven't won in 40 years. It's been almost 20 years since the mighty Canadiens have won.

Comment

BTW Soccer fucking sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03 View Post
                  BTW Soccer fucking sucks.
                  whats up brother frank-hope your kicking ass !!!!
                  DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

The World Cup takes place every 4 years so that we can do some nice betting and can bridge off-season. For me it's just another opportunity to some sports betting until the next NFL season starts. I have already watch a few games, I have to agree, most of them were boooring, only Argentina manages to play attractive and offensive soccer.

Comment

idk if u haters just watched the usa game but it was exciting as hell. a lot of these teams in their first games are feelin each other out and playin for the tie so they dont eliminate themselves after the first group game. im sure we will see way more exciting games as this tourny goes on.
                      twitter: @JumpouttheJim

Comment

Originally posted by myrjimmy3 View Post
                        idk if u haters just watched the usa game but it was exciting as hell. a lot of these teams in their first games are feelin each other out and playin for the tie so they dont eliminate themselves after the first group game. im sure we will see way more exciting games as this tourny goes on.
                        It wasn't exciting watching them get fucked over by a ridiculous call. No one is going to respect the sport if such blatant calls are blown. This only happens once every four years and there's too much at stake to blow a call so obvious. There's no excuse for that kind of incompetency. NONE!

KAZ
                        [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Originally posted by KazDog View Post
                          It wasn't exciting watching them get fucked over by a ridiculous call. No one is going to respect the sport if such blatant calls are blown. This only happens once every four years and there's too much at stake to blow a call so obvious. There's no excuse for that kind of incompetency. NONE!

KAZ
                          i agree 100%. but officiating in most sports seems to be pretty suspect at the moment.
                          twitter: @JumpouttheJim

Comment

KAZ
                            I agree!!!

Signed,
                            Jim Joyce

Comment

KAZ
                              also FIFA' lack of explaining the call or admitting it was a bad call.

Comment

Originally posted by ToDaClub View Post
                                I just wish my wife was a soccer mom!
                                i wish your wife was a soccer mom too !!!
                                jc Wishes He Can Get A Goat

Comment

Working...
                                X