Tim Donaghy on a 15-2 run picking playoff games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Donaghy on a 15-2 run picking playoff games

"I was on two radio shows last week and I was directed not to make any more predictions. I wonder who Stern called to get this done. These shows were live and taped, all doubts should be gone".

He is 15-2 in the playoffs so far. He predicted the game yesterday. His record of picking plays is by far the most persuasive argument anyone can ever make these games are influenced by the NBA league office and David Stern.

PRIOR TO GAME 5:

" Ref assignments point to Orlando extending the series. The leaugue will be looking for extra revenue by extending this series 2 more games "

AFTER GAME 5 :

Former NBA referee Tim Donaghy continued his criticism of the league in an appearance on the Dennis & Callahan show Thursday morning and addressed the controversy from Wednesday night, when the Celtics were on the short end of some questionable calls, including the ejection of center Kendrick Perkins for two technical fouls.

Donaghy said the league clearly benefits from the series going longer, and the referees understand that. "It's a situation where the officials are well aware of what goes on and what's best for the league," said Donaghy, who left the league in disgrace after a gambling scandal and served a prison sentence. "Obviously, what's best for the league is putting Orlando in a little bit of an advantage. It seems to be that's certainly what's taking place."

Of Wednesday night referees Ed F. Rush and Joe Crawford, Donaghy said: "Obviously, they're two veteran, veteran officials and they're well aware of what's going on, and they're certainly out there and going to give the benefit of the calls to Orlando at this time."

Donaghy said he expects the league will rescind at least one of Perkins' tehcnical fouls, and he wonders why Dwight Howard shouldn't be questioned for his wayward elbows. "When you talk about Perkins being suspended, I think you have to look at the fact that Howard's looking at a possible suspension for the way he flailed his elbow off and hit Big Baby in the face," Donaghy said. "There was a situation a couple of years ago (2006-07) where Kobe Bryant was consistently doing that and he was suspended during the regular season." Added Donaghy: "If you go back and look at the plays Kobe Bryant was suspended for, it was a carbon copy of what [Howard] is doing. ... What he's doing is he's creating space, and he doesn't want anybody around when he comes down with a rebound."

Donaghy said he does not think Rush will be suspended for giving Perkins a quick hook, and he thinks the refs will stop favoring Orlando."Moving forward I would say no [more bias], and that's because anything can happen in a Game 7, and an LA-Boston finals would be much better than an Orlando-LA finals," he said

PRIOR TO GAME 6 OF ORLANDO / BOSTON :

WEEI producer called Tim Donaghy & told him who tonight’s Game 6 refs are, Donaghy’s reply “Orlando should dust off their golf clubs.”

I don't gamble anymore. I'm both in recovery for my own addiction, and I work at Firstep Intervention, owned by Mike Osborne, a gambling treatment facility based in New Jersey. As a former NBA referee, with a story to tell about the crooked officiating in the venerable world of professional basketball, I have observed this years' Playoff Series with interest, and a little fear. In my book, Personal Foul, I created a 'blueprint' off of which most games, and in particular, many particular matchups, are decided. This year, to prove my point and with many stern warnings to people who thought they'd use my predictions to place a bet, I used my 'blueprint' to successfully pick the winners in 14 out of 16 games. With 87% accuracy, including having picked the winner of Game 5 of the Boston/Orlando game by 15 points, and having said that after Game 6, Orlando would be dusting off their golf clubs, I believe it's fair to say the 'blueprint' works.

After every NBA game, each referee is required to review each game and write up a 'deep dive breakdown', a play-by-play analysis of their own performance. A copy of each report is sent immediately to the league office to compare against the report of an independant site observer who also ranks the refs' performances. To illustrate, I watched from start to finish, game 6 of the Boston/Orlando matchup (which I haven't done in three years), and I prepared a 'deep dive breakdown' for your own review. Read for yourself an insider's view of the bad calls, missed calls, and calls that clearly fall within the 'blueprint'. Then I dare you to tell me that the NBA's head office wasn't pulling for Boston...

1st Quarter
    11:23 Foul on Allen missed, Carter clearly fouled going up toward the basket.
    9:23 Hand check foul called on Nelson, Pierce throws elbow into him and fools the referee into calling the foul on Nelson.
    8:44 Cheap foul called on Lewis when Rondo drives in for a lay-up
    8:27 Carter fouled; need to be consistent with the foul given to Rondo at the other end of the floor on the previous play. Carter deserves 2 shots they deserve the benefit of the same type of call at both ends.
    8:09 They let Garnett elbow Howard 2x before calling the offense foul on him. Why was the first one let go?
    5:11 Foul missed on Davis pushing Nelson as he drives through the lane, Nelson pushed and turns ball over.
    4:41 Terrible call, Davis does not go into and through defender Lewis; he just makes a move and turns with the ball. Referee Callahan looking right at the play and passes on calling it, the outside official makes this call and is out of position with a bad angle.
    3:17 Offensive foul missed on Howard, he pushes off the defender.
    3:12 Foul missed as Rondo goes to the hoop on the fast break.
    2:22 Foul called on Nelson. Allen and Nelson bump into each other, strange call.

2nd Quarter
    8:58 Travel missed on Howard, then an offensive foul is called which sends him to the bench with 2 fouls. This is important because he is pulled out of the game. Again advantage Boston
    8:01 Nelson travels prior to dribble, switches pivot foot prior to dribble, very obvious.
    6:34 This is not a flagrant foul – this is not unnecessary contact, the rule states it has to be unnecessary and/or excessive contact, this clearly does not fit that.
    4:22 WOW, this is the 3rd foul on Howard, NOT A FOUL. Robinson out of control going to the basket. He has 3 fouls and 2 of them are wrong.
    3:19 Pierce fouled going to the basket, this foul is most likely let go because Boston is up 15 points, as the score separates the referees start to favor the team that is down.
    12.6 Where is the foul, again the referees start to look at the score and favor the team that is down. Carter goes to the foul line.

Boston clearly is getting the benefit of the calls in the first half.

3rd Quarter
    6:00 Travel called on Rondo, if Boston is not up 20 this is ignored. L. James (Cleveland) takes 2 more steps than this and it is never called.
    4:38 Goaltending is missed; you can’t take the ball off the glass. Garnett’s block was illegal.
    1:42 Cheap foul called on Allen, this is a foul called based on the score being a 22 point spread. This had no effect on the play. If the game was within 10 points this would not be called.

4th Quarter
    7:39 Foul on Garnett, cheap foul based on the score. 85-65
    6:03 Announcer Mike Brean makes a comment that there is plenty of time left for a come-back, anything to keep the fans tuned in.

GAME DECIDED IN FIRST HALF

PRIOR TO GAME 6 OF PHOENIX / LAL SERIES:

From his Facebook page in response to someone's question: "Hey Ryan, Suns are playing well, but I think it will end in 6."
    Last edited by GOLDENGREEK; 05-30-2010, 12:25 AM.

been following this shit the last week or so. i don't buy all of it, but it certainly is hard to dispute/ignore most of this.

Comment

I t r i v a l s t h e .....w w e !!

Comment

I read his book and it was amazing.

I would pay him for his picks!!
        Am I the longest tenured BC member?

Comment

I was told his record is a flat out lie.
          Fire BAS and Hache Man. Don't forget Wayne1218 is a piece of garbage. Fest zit a total fraud still talks about me. You Trump voters tired of winning yet? Lmao

Comment

Originally posted by vitterd View Post
            i was told his record is a flat out lie.
            he was giving out the picks on a radio show...so its pretty much documented

Comment

GREEK,IF HE GIVES ANYMORE PREDICTIONS,post them in here,GREAT READ !!!!
              DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

Originally posted by WayneChung View Post
                GREEK,IF HE GIVES ANYMORE PREDICTIONS,post them in here,GREAT READ !!!!
                ps-and so true !!!!
                DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

Donaghy said nba dont care who wins as long as series go long they make money

he will break it down game by game... we will see

TIM DONAGHY FINALS BREAKDOWN PART 1

Tim Donaghy 2010 NBA FINALS PREVIEW

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010 NBA FINALS PREVIEW

They’ve met eleven times before, as recently as 2008, and between them, there are 32 Championship rings. You guessed it, The Los Angeles Lakers and the Boston Celtics meet for the twelfth time in the 2010 NBA Finals (although it could have been Cleveland vs. Los Angeles had Delonte West kept his wandering eye on the ball!). The way I see it, though, if you apply the blueprint I created in my book, Personal Foul, the league’s head office will do their level best to extend the series. Looking at the moving parts - the fans, the coaching staff, and the players-it’s interesting to speculate on who might walk away with the ring. The wildcard, though, is how the referees will facilitate the message coming down from the head office, which can easily change the direction of the series.

All eyes will be on the individual match-ups and the referees assigned to judge the series. Looking at the fans, those from Boston are among the most knowledgeable in any league. They will cast an incredibly critical eye on the referees throughout the finals. Phil Jackson will wish he was in Sacramento, no doubt he will be wearing his ear plugs. As most NBA games are decided in the first quarter, and since the LA fans don’t show up until the second quarter, those fans won’t help the outcome of the games much at all. As I score the fans, the advantage goes to the Boston Celtics.
                  The coaching staffs are a different story. Doc Rivers tries to manipulate the refs by sucking up to them. If that fails, he starts to whine like a baby. Phil Jackson, on the other hand, uses sarcasm and the media to help him with the officials and he does an excellent job at working them game at a time. Jackson’s game by game adjustments will make Rivers’ head spin. Scoring the coaches and their styles of court side manners, the advantage goes to the Los Angeles Lakers.

As for the players, you can be sure that Kobe will continue to receive ‘star treatment’, look for the whistle to blow each time he receives a bump or a scratch. Comparing this year’s talent, Kobe/Odom/Artest should prevail over Garnet/Rondo/Pierce and I’ll throw in Allen. With that, Boston will be frustrated with the refs if they feel to be getting anything less than a fair shake. Game 5 in the Orlando vs. Boston series comes to mind as an example of that. Perkins, Wallace and Rivers will not be able to keep their emotions in check if they feel slighted. Look for some fireworks in games 2 and 3. Scoring the players, both on skill and chemistry, I give the advantage to the Los Angeles Lakers.

In the 2010 playoff series, I quite accurately made some game predictions solely to prove the point of the book’s blueprint. I did not, however, pick winners in order to further anyone’s gambling habits. In fact, looking in the mirror at myself, as well as the clients that I am now helping through my work at the Firstep Consulting, a gambling treatment facility based in New Jersey and owned by Mike Osborne, I am reminded that the true winners emerging from these playoffs are the very people who can fend off the temptation to have any action on these games.

Does it matter who I think will take home the ring? No, rather, I am hopeful that my book has created a larger awareness of the crooked outcomes in professional basketball as well as the evils of gambling on those very games. The NBA would be wise to let the best team win and simultaneously prove me wrong. But really, I think the head office, as chief architect of series’ outcome, will let the refs do the dirty work of letting the almighty dollar call the winner of this series.

Stay tuned for my game breakdowns in this Lakers/Celtics series!

Comment

GG,

You got any other "insight" for the remainder of the series. I think I am officially addicted to this guy's opinion. I even read his book and I usually only read ESPN The Magazine and the Sporting News!!
                    Am I the longest tenured BC member?

Comment

Watching The Watchmen: Tim Donaghy Breaks Down The Officiating In Game 1

Tim Donaghy, the former NBA referee who spent 11 months in prison for relaying inside information to gamblers, will review the performance of his former colleagues during the NBA Finals. Here's a quarter-by-quarter breakdown of Game 1, with accompanying video.

A few things stand out: Kobe is clearly getting different treatment from everyone else. Doc Rivers was all over the officials last night, complaining about Kobe's habit of carrying the ball and about all the calls he was getting that Rajon Rondo, Ray Allen, and Paul Pierce were not. Derek Fisher and Rasheed Wallace are going to cause major problems in the series moving forward and should be watched closely. Wallace is smart and can tell his team isn't getting the same calls as Kobe, and Fisher will keep on flopping and doing the little things to annoy Boston.

FIRST QUARTER

11:33 [BOS 2-0] Obvious double-tech needed on Ron Artest and Paul Pierce. This sets the tone for the game, sending a message about physical play. Officials will discuss at the first timeout how important Pierce is to Boston. They will be very careful in not giving him a second tech.

9:58 [LAL 4-2] Foul on Fisher. Shows both teams that the league will not allow physical play.

8:40 [LAL 8-4] Palming violation missed. Artest gets away with one.

6:57 [LAL 12-8] Kobe gets a "star treatment" call with this bump. Cheap foul.

6:34 [LAL 12-8] Not a travel on Gasol. Missed call in favor of Boston.

4:31 [LAL 16-13] Strange call. I don't see a lane violation.

4:17 [LAL 16-13] Kobe gets another "star treatment" call. Most players in the league will not get this call.

4:00 [LAL 18-13] Rondo is fouled going to the basket. Officials need to make this call, if only to be fair and consistent with the call Kobe was given on the previous possession.

3:03 [LAL 18-14] Correct call on Kobe. Kobe works the official to get the next call in his favor.

2:30 [TIE 18-18] If Gasol makes the dunk no foul would be called. He misses so the foul is called.

1:56 [LAL 20-18] Correct call. Allen charges into and through the space of the set defender.

59.1 [LAL 22-19] Pierce fools the referee into calling this foul. Kobe is given his second foul and goes to the bench.

SECOND QUARTER

7:31 [LAL 32-31] Cheap foul on Nate Robinson. This is a situation where Boston has no team fouls in the quarter, and Los Angeles has several. Officials are looking to make a call on Boston and wind up whistling a cheap one.

3:15 [LAL 39-35] Kobe goes to the basket and gets bumped. Wants a foul called; foul missed.

2:54 [LAL 39-35] Kobe gets call after complaining on two previous plays.

7.1 [LAL 50-39] The Lakers have only three team fouls. They take a foul in order to disrupt the play of the Celtics.

THIRD QUARTER

11:47 [LAL 50-41] Not much of a foul. Lead official has no angle to make this call.

11:36 [LAL 51-41] Strange foul on Artest. He is in his defensive position, and a Celtics player runs into him.

11:29 [LAL 51-41] Allen causes this contact; Fisher gets the foul. Missed call.

9:04 [LAL 57-47] Hand check called on Allen. Cheap foul but consistent with the foul called against Fisher.

4:48 [LAL 67-56] Both players cause this contact. The Celtics get the benefit because they are down 11. Garnett gets two free throws.

3:03 [LAL 71-62] Foul called on Pierce. I don't see a foul on this play. Strange call — usually officials won't make this type of call on the team down several points.

1:39 [LAL 75-62] This foul is credited to Ray Allen but should've been given to Glen Davis. Puts Allen to the bench with five fouls.

46.3 [LAL 79-64] Tech called on Wallace. Boston becomes frustrated with the officials. This will play a major role in the series moving forward.

FOURTH QUARTER

11:23 [LAL 84-66] Kobe fouled; no foul called as L.A. is up 18. When a team goes up several points the calls start to go the other way.

10:18 [LAL 85-68] Pierce whistled for palming. Strange call. Players were doing it all night. Rivers was upset and made the same point to Joe DeRosa.

7:17 [LAL 89-74] Here's a call that'd never go in the Celtics' favor unless they were down by 10 or more. The defender is just standing in the paint with little contact.

6:12 [LAL 91-76] Another cheap foul in Boston's favor, another trip to the free-throw line. The officials continue to referee the score.

4:11 [LAL 93-80] Foul called on Kobe, though it looks like he got all ball. Another example of the score being a factor. All these fouls make the box score look better for Boston, even though the Celtics have been losing all game.

Comment

Tin on his Facebook:

Thanks for the post, it is exactly how I feel. I proved my point with my record over the last few weeks, enough! I am not going to enable people to place bets on these games.

Comment

Originally posted by zeib10 View Post
                          GG,

You got any other "insight" for the remainder of the series. I think I am officially addicted to this guy's opinion. I even read his book and I usually only read ESPN The Magazine and the Sporting News!!
                          Ge's either going to wait until after game 2 or not make them at all. Too many degenerates are bugging him for them on there and since he's so anti-gambling now you kind of get the sense that he's getting pissed off. He told one guy he's not going to enable his habit

Comment

He says Lakers will get the win tonight to make sure it goes back to LA. said on WAAF that prior stern models show that lakers will get the calls vs the hotter team to extend the series. he says lakers +130 best deal this month

Tim Donaghy is expecting the officiating to play a big role in the outcome of the Celtics Lakers game tonight.

He was an NBA referee for thirteen years and knows the system and culture of refereeing...and he seems to be the only one seeing things clearly right now.

When asked about the three officials chosen to officiate game 3 tonight (Dan Crawford, Bill Kennedy and Bennett Salvatore), he told WEEI “I think it brings some aggressive refereeing to get some of these illegal screens and some of this matchup trouble cleaned up with some aggressive whistles.”

He also said, "I don't think you're going to see him [Kobe Bryant] in foul trouble again for a long, long time.”

This is disgusting. To think that teams will change their approach to a game based on which officials are calling the game is a disgrace. The NBA should be embarrassed.

Earlier in the day, NBA commissioner David Stern told WEEI “We’re proud of our officials.” HAHA HAHAHA HAHA HAHAHAHAAHAHA

The NBA is quickly turning into WWE and he is oblivious.

Comment

He did it again !!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X