Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Duke going to be the worst # 1 or 2 seed EVER ????!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miss St wins the SEC West Division and makes the Conference final losing in ot to Kentucky and they don't get in?

Florida has 2 less wins than Miss St, didn't make the Conference final and finishes 4th in the SEC East and they are in?

Minnesota finishes 6th in the BIG 10 at (9-9) has more losses and less wins than Miss St, gets BLOWN OUT in the Conference Final and they are in?

And Clemson gets in over Va Tech? They finished 2 spots BEHIND Va Tech in the ACC, had 2 less wins and 2 more losses than Tech?

What a joke!

Comment

WOW ---didn't realize that with the ACC and Virg Tech

Comment

Originally posted by bryce View Post
        WOW ---didn't realize that with the ACC and Virg Tech
        ACC Standings
        Duke 13-3 29-5
        Maryland 13-3 23-8
        Florida State 10-6 22-9
        Virginia Tech 10-6 23-8
        Wake Forest 9-7 19-10
        Clemson 9-7 21-10
        Georgia Tech 7-9 22-12
        Boston College 6-10 15-16
        Virginia 5-11 15-16
        North Carolina 5-11 16-16
        North Carolina State 5-11 19-15
        Miami (FL) 4-12 20-13

Teams 1,2,3 & 6,7 get in???
        Last edited by wayne1218; 03-14-2010, 07:15 PM.

Comment

I know Ga Tech made the conference final but they had a losing Conference record, 1 less win and 4 MORE LOSSES than Va Tech too

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
            ACC Standings
            Duke 13-3 29-5
            Maryland 13-3 23-8
            Florida State 10-6 22-9
            Virginia Tech 10-6 23-8
            Wake Forest 9-7 19-10
            Clemson 9-7 21-10
            Georgia Tech 7-9 22-12
            Boston College 6-10 15-16
            Virginia 5-11 15-16
            North Carolina 5-11 16-16
            North Carolina State 5-11 19-15
            Miami (FL) 4-12 20-13

Teams 1,2,3 & 6,7 get in???
            And add to that Va Tech was (1-0) vs Clemson and (1-0) vs Ga Tech this season. How they were left out is BEYOND ME over those 2 teams!

Comment

I know Ga Tech made the conference final but they had a losing Conference record, 1 less win and 4 MORE LOSSES than Va Tech too
              I guess them losing to Miami did them in ----BUT FK one game should not make a difference--people get upset and when you look at this---that should not have been a factor to lose a spot

Comment

Miss St wins the SEC West Division and makes the Conference final losing in ot to Kentucky and they don't get in?

Florida has 2 less wins than Miss St, didn't make the Conference final and finishes 4th in the SEC East and they are in?

Minnesota finishes 6th in the BIG 10 at (9-9) has more losses and less wins than Miss St, gets BLOWN OUT in the Conference Final and they are in?

And Clemson gets in over Va Tech? They finished 2 spots BEHIND Va Tech in the ACC, had 2 less wins and 2 more losses than Tech?

What a joke!
                I thought Miss St. would make it too,,,but here is the message to them, play someone better out of conference next year, they had a 108 strength I believe..
                Let's Hammer the Book.

Comment

Originally posted by DBURGH View Post
                  I thought Miss St. would make it too,,,but here is the message to them, play someone better out of conference next year, they had a 108 strength I believe..
                  I know people say that but you know what, when you play in a power conference and win your division, that is more than enough for me. Same with Va Tech. If you go (10-6) in the ACC and (23-8) overall, i don't care who you played out of conference. I bet these WAC, A-10, C-Usa or Mountain west teams probably would not win the SEC West and take UK to overtime twice if they played in the SEC.

Comment

Originally posted by bryce View Post
                    I guess them losing to Miami did them in ----BUT FK one game should not make a difference--people get upset and when you look at this---that should not have been a factor to lose a spot
                    Clemson lost in rd. 1 too, to NC State!

Comment

Some of these might mean good betting mismatches to bet on depending on the line. Siena, Mizzou, Cornell, No Tex, Utep could all be good getting some points.

KAZ
                      [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

V Tech's OOC schedule ranked 339 out of 347 teams. BRUTAL

V Tech played the top 3 in the ACC only one time each and lost all 3 games.

V Tech lost 2 games to the bottom 3 in the ACC (UNC and Miami).

V Tech's best win of the season probably came @ G Tech...AGAIN, BRUTAL.

Plain and simple, they didn't deserve to get in.

Comment

Originally posted by LVJimmy View Post
                          V Tech's OOC schedule ranked 339 out of 347 teams. BRUTAL

V Tech played the top 3 in the ACC only one time each and lost all 3 games.

V Tech lost 2 games to the bottom 3 in the ACC (UNC and Miami).

V Tech's best win of the season probably came @ G Tech...AGAIN, BRUTAL.

Plain and simple, they didn't deserve to get in.
                          To me it's also very simple. They were 1 of 4 teams in the ACC to finish with 10 conference wins, they finished 1 or 2 games ahead of W.F., G.T. and Clemson and to me, most importantly.

They played G.T. and beat them (1-0)

They played Clemson and beat them (1-0)

They played W.F. and beat them (1-0)

They finished ahead of all 3 teams in the ACC and were (3-0) against them. I could care less about any OCC, BCS, UVA, PNB or any other numbers. They settled it on the court with all 3.

Comment

If getting in was solely based on conference wins, then what's the point of playing any games besides the conf ones? You can't be a decent school IN THE ACC and have an OOC schedule that bad. Also, this isn't the NFL where the 1st tiebreaker is head to head.

Comment

Originally posted by LVJimmy View Post
                              If getting in was solely based on conference wins, then what's the point of playing any games besides the conf ones? You can't be a decent school IN THE ACC and have an OOC schedule that bad. Also, this isn't the NFL where the 1st tiebreaker is head to head.

Really, cuz i hear all the time about a tie breaker between 2 teams in a conference being who beat who in the conference games in head 2 head. Also, if you are from a BCS/Power Conference, your Conference schedule ALONE puts you in front of every one of those Non BCS Cupcake leagues. I don't care what you schedule after that.

Comment

You can give me those "Computer" numbers all day Jimmy. They were 3 AND 0 against 3 Conference teams that finished behind them in the standings. You go by what a computer tells you and i'll go by who won the games when they actually played each other on a court.

Comment

Working...
                                X