Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we finally stop hearing about Boise now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by molta02 View Post
    hats off to them.
    as the starter of the thread, i appreciate your class molta, honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by MR Pain View Post
      yea did you know that Ian Johnson proposed to his girlfriend who was a cheerleader after the first fiesta bowl.

Of course I know. That's why I made the joke.
      "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

I still can't believe chokelahoma fell for the "Liberty" play! LOL....ahhh the memories!! Boise ST kicks ass...what more can i say

Comment

LOVE the Boise program - they have defied the odds and created a legit powerhouse and they at least deserve a shot to play for the title each year. Peterson makes the gutsy calls when needed and they made a good TCU team look average. Boise needs to move into the Mountain West so that they can play a tougher conference schedule.

Comment

Boise outplayed and outclassed TCU yesterday...2 fiesta bowls, 2 wins...amazing! No one gives these guys enough credit, like it has been said, until they get knocked back, they deserve all the kudos. What they have done out of a small conference and on a consistent basis is great. They do play a weak schedule, but they step up when they can. Oregon this year, VT next year...

As a VT alum, I am looking forward to the game in DC next year with Boise State. I plan on being there in person!

Comment

Originally posted by KJ1000 View Post
              Boise outplayed and outclassed TCU yesterday...2 fiesta bowls, 2 wins...amazing! No one gives these guys enough credit, like it has been said, until they get knocked back, they deserve all the kudos. What they have done out of a small conference and on a consistent basis is great. They do play a weak schedule, but they step up when they can. Oregon this year, VT next year...

As a VT alum, I am looking forward to the game in DC next year with Boise State. I plan on being there in person!
              My heart will be torn down the middle in that game KJ as my 2nd favorite team is the hokies, If i would have went to college it was going to be V.T. (my cousin went) Last minute i changed my mind and did not go, but ever since then the 2 teams i root for is boise st and virginia tech. 12 yrs ago they would have never play each other, now the time has come, I think it will be a great game, and i know the hokies will be ready for boise.

have fun at the game if i can get there, i'm going, so i'll let you know maybe we can meet up before the game.

P.S Zeib posted a great article about boise on here, i'm about to bump it because it talks about how many big time programs have actually turned down boise, and how they can't even find many schools that will play them, including some unmentioned schools in the Big 12, Big 10, and even SEC.

Comment

That would be cool to meet up! In reality, most bcs conference schools have a lot to lose by scheduling teams like boise, utah, byu, tcu, etc... Some say more to lose than gain, but in the end, it is about the competition.

VT has had the same issue with many teams not scheduling them as well. VT will play most anyone at any time, I love that about the Hokies. We have played Nebraska, USC, Alabama, LSU just to name a few over the past years. We are yet to get over the hump but I truly believe we are getting closer. Games like those excite the public and help build a program. We play Boise next year as well as Central Michigan and ECU out of conference, all bowl teams. We take a breather until 2012 when play Pittsburgh and Cincinnati. Then 2014 starts a home and home set with Ohio State which I am so looking forward to. No one knows how good these teams are as they are scheduled so far in advance, but the point is to step up...

Comment

Originally posted by KJ1000 View Post
                  That would be cool to meet up! In reality, most bcs conference schools have a lot to lose by scheduling teams like boise, utah, byu, tcu, etc... Some say more to lose than gain, but in the end, it is about the competition.

VT has had the same issue with many teams not scheduling them as well. VT will play most anyone at any time, I love that about the Hokies. We have played Nebraska, USC, Alabama, LSU just to name a few over the past years. We are yet to get over the hump but I truly believe we are getting closer. Games like those excite the public and help build a program. We play Boise next year as well as Central Michigan and ECU out of conference, all bowl teams. We take a breather until 2012 when play Pittsburgh and Cincinnati. Then 2014 starts a home and home set with Ohio State which I am so looking forward to. No one knows how good these teams are as they are scheduled so far in advance, but the point is to step up...
                  I'll def try and get tickets and get up there, if so i will let you know somehow, and yes that is exactly what the article is about how those teams have so much to lose by scheduling boise.

Hey KJ c'mon man why do you think V.T is my 2nd favorite team ?......EXACTLY because they do schedule those games that you mentioned, anyone at anytime, one of the few BCS schools that will play anybody, they even did it back in the big east conference as i'm sure you know. I'm a bigger V.T fan than you think, BEAMER BALL ! I LOVE IT. Like i said my heart will be half bronco blue, and half hokie maroon, i will probably cheer for everyone on every play in that game.

Lsu was a beating, but that USC game, NOBODY had a closer margin of defeat that year VS USC. Then Bama was well Bama, they are undefeated and Nebraska we beat ! 16 - 15 hokies ! I completely agree the point is to step up like you say, i am looking forward to those pitt and ohio st games as well.

Comment

The problem is that noone wants to play Boise. They have a hard time being able to even scedule schools because big schools are looking for cupcakes to beat on and Boise isn't that. This argument will go on till there is a playoff which isn't going to happen.
                    Good Luck to everyone
                    Adam

Richie: [after Gus hits a homerun] Wow and he did it without steroids.
                    Clark: What's steroids?
                    Richie: Something that makes your pee-pee smaller.
                    Clark: There must be steroids in macaroni!

Comment

Working...
                    X