Question about officials for you guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about officials for you guys

I'm not going Savage on you guys but just looking to see if anyone agrees with me.

It's no secret about the shitty officials we have been dealing with here in the SEC and probably in all sports.Saturday against Alabama my Vols had 9 penalties to Alabama's one My question for you guys and I hope some of you "old" guys don't get offended but these refs are to old to keep up with the game these days.The game is so fast we need a crop of young guys to come in with sharp minds officiating these games.Not only for sharp minds but for saftey.Hell I saw a ref get run over in the Pitt game when Minnesota ran that kickoff back that guy looked 60 years old.The mind and legs ain't as sharp at that age IMO.What do you guys think?

I guess if you don't want to read all that then the question is Do you think there should be an age limit on referees?

Comment

I say give them electric wheelchairs and a big red button. Anytime they see a foul, they press the button and their wheelchair lights up signaling the Ref to come over and see what they have.
      He who wears diaper knows his shit - Confucius

Comment

By the way just in the last week,Bobby Petrino,Lane Kiffin,Dan Mullen(Miss St) have all been reprimanded by the SEC for comments made on officials.You would think they would start listening

Comment

Originally posted by insidethe8thpol View Post
          I say give them electric wheelchairs and a big red button. Anytime they see a foul, they press the button and their wheelchair lights up signaling the Ref to come over and see what they have.
          They would still fuck it up

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
            By the way just in the last week,Bobby Petrino,Lane Kiffin,Dan Mullen(Miss St) have all been reprimanded by the SEC for comments made on officials.You would think they would start listening
            I thought I saw on the ESPN ticker that Kiffen was going to be suspended for what he said after last game

Comment

What about the kid taking off his helmet after blocking the FG while the play was still alive and no penalty was called

The showboat for Florida who had the ball knocked out of his hand before the goal line yet they 'reviewed' the play and said he crossed the goal line with the ball in his hands

Comment

I think some of these officials were around when Red Grange (the Galloping Ghost) and the 4 Horsemen were playing

Comment

Vols.....I agree............there should be an age cut off......not all people keep reflexes as tight, or near as tight, once they attain 55 years of age......

I umpired Hi School and College BaseBall for 30 years.....the last game [I] did, was a Hi School class 6A championship game, and I realized I wasn't as keen/sharp/accurate in my decisions, I also noticed my vision wasn't up to par, and my reflexes damn sure weren't.......

not to mention, the hurt my body had after squatting behind the plate, in 100 degree heat, for 7 full innings.....

When behind the plate, a Home Plate Umpire has to be ablew to get away from the catcher as to not impede him getting a jump on a pop up.....

Due to my declining reflexes, I found myself bumping into em, on sevweral ocassions......

Was time for me to retire....Thus I did......

Should be AN Age cut off, but then again, that's not fair to some guys in their late 50's early 60's, that are in great shape...

There should be an age limit, and most importantly, a required field exercise/drill to qualify physicaly.....Make standards for

Hi School
                  College
                  Pros.........

IMO

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

What about the kid taking off his helmet after blocking the FG while the play was still alive and no penalty was called

The showboat for Florida who had the ball knocked out of his hand before the goal line yet they 'reviewed' the play and said he crossed the goal line with the ball in his hands
                    The Florida call is what got Miss St coach reprimanded.The guys in the replay booth have still photos and still missed the call.As far as the Bama player taking the helmet off after he
                    blocked our FG doesn't bother me as much as some of the other calls in the game.We got the FG blocked and that was OUR fault so that flag would have just bailed a bad kicker out.I don't want to win like that but something about a home team only having 1 penalty just seems crazy.By the way Tenn was 15th least penalized team compared to 60th for Bama.9-1 for penalties against us.

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
                      The Florida call is what got Miss St coach reprimanded.The guys in the replay booth have still photos and still missed the call.As far as the Bama player taking the helmet off after he
                      blocked our FG doesn't bother me as much as some of the other calls in the game.We got the FG blocked and that was OUR fault so that flag would have just bailed a bad kicker out.I don't want to win like that but something about a home team only having 1 penalty just seems crazy.By the way Tenn was 15th least penalized team compared to 60th for Bama.9-1 for penalties against us.
                      I'll bet my 2 kids that if it was the other way around, that flag would have been dropped from the blimp

9 penalties to 1 is bad. if I was the HC, I'd be complaining out loud too

Comment

Originally posted by Kaptain View Post
                        Vols.....I agree............there should be an age cut off......not all people keep reflexes as tight, or near as tight, once they attain 55 years of age......

I umpired Hi School and College BaseBall for 30 years.....the last game [I] did, was a Hi School class 6A championship game, and I realized I wasn't as keen/sharp/accurate in my decisions, I also noticed my vision wasn't up to par, and my reflexes damn sure weren't.......

not to mention, the hurt my body had after squatting behind the plate, in 100 degree heat, for 7 full innings.....

When behind the plate, a Home Plate Umpire has to be ablew to get away from the catcher as to not impede him getting a jump on a pop up.....

Due to my declining reflexes, I found myself bumping into em, on sevweral ocassions......

Was time for me to retire....Thus I did......

Should be AN Age cut off, but then again, that's not fair to some guys in their late 50's early 60's, that are in great shape...

There should be an age limit, and most importantly, a required field exercise/drill to qualify physicaly.....Make standards for

Hi School
                        College
                        Pros.........

IMO
                        Wow,30 years.And you probably never had 1 parent yell at you did you I did football for about 3 years and the parents are the ones who take it so serious that it takes the fun out of it for everyone else including the kids IMO.

Comment

The SEC has some of the worse officiating I have ever seen. I have seen high school officials do a better job. They need to start suspending more of them or fire them at the end of the year. Some of the calls I have seen makes you think someone had some money on the game. To anser your question yes there should be a 55 year old maximum age limit.

Comment

I'll bet my 2 kids that if it was the other way around, that flag would have been dropped from the blimp
                            Oh I agree inside but as a fan I'm not going to use that non call to the reason we lost.2 blocked FG and a missed FG is the reason we lost.Add the other 9 penalties and thats the reason we lost

Comment

I remember when I was umpiring in the Mount Vernon League when a bang bang play at first brought out the manager. We went face to face when all of a sudden, his teeth came out !! It was the first time that everyone knew George Washington had wooden teeth

signed,

Spark

Comment

Working...
                              X