Does Anybody know what a QB Rating is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
    IMO, nothing should be wasted in a formula and no formula based on numbers should be capped. It kinda skews things.
    If Brady would have ended up on top, I'm guessing this thread never would have been made
    Last edited by kbsooner21; 10-19-2009, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
      If Brady would have ended up on top, I'm guessing this thread never would have been make

kb, it really has nothing to do with who the people are. It was a topic on the radio today and i've always wanted to know the formula but never understood it.

Comment

IMO, nothing should be wasted in a formula and no formula based on numbers should be capped. It kinda skews things.
        Yeah, I know what you mean. I guess they don't want dominance in one area to skew the numbers against the other areas. Although splitting it into 4 areas kind of takes care of that, I would assume that is their thought here. Oh well. Both were damned good yesterday basically, haha.

Btw, if you haven't yet, please send the invite to my friend that I sent the NBA Fantasy league payment for over the weekend. I told him he'd probably get it today or tomorrow. Thanks!
        O..H.........I..O!

2010 NCAA Football: 4-3-1

2010 NFL: 0-0

2009-2010 NCAA Basketball: 30-23-1

Comment

Originally posted by ULikeApples View Post
          Yeah, I know what you mean. I guess they don't want dominance in one area to skew the numbers against the other areas. Although splitting it into 4 areas kind of takes care of that, I would assume that is their thought here. Oh well. Both were damned good yesterday basically, haha.

Btw, if you haven't yet, please send the invite to my friend that I sent the NBA Fantasy league payment for over the weekend. I told him he'd probably get it today or tomorrow. Thanks!
          I get it but why not? If you are dominant in 1 area, that should count for something right?

Comment

I get it but why not? If you are dominant in 1 area, that should count for something right?
            Yeah. At first I just thought they may have put something in there to penalize a team for bringing out their starting QB after leading 45-0 at half.
            O..H.........I..O!

2010 NCAA Football: 4-3-1

2010 NFL: 0-0

2009-2010 NCAA Basketball: 30-23-1

Comment

Originally posted by ULikeApples View Post
              Yeah. At first I just thought they may have put something in there to penalize a team for bringing out their starting QB after leading 45-0 at half.

I wanted him to play the whole game to see how big his numbers could have been!

Comment

Brees had a better yd per at 12.3 to 11.2

It looks like that is factored in too. So that trumps more yards, 2 more TD's and a much higher completion %? Makes no sense to me. You think Comp. % would be at the top of the list for a QB Rating?
                I guess they put more weight in yards per pass. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Comment

another reason the nfl is fukin stupid IMO

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03 View Post
                    I guess they put more weight in yards per pass. Doesn't make much sense to me.
                    I don't think there is more weight in the formula put on that factor. It's just that Brees on this given Sunday did better on that factor than Brady. and the rest of the factors were closer between the 2 QBs given the caps on Brady's numbers. I'm kinda glad Wayne started this thread...I was home this afternoon after visiting my primary care doc and didn't really feel much like working. Kept my twisted brain occupied for a while. and now we all know more about QB ratings than we need to.

Comment

i could care less if tom brady's qb rating is 0 or 1000, as all i care about is my team winning.

however, how f'n stupid is some rating system that caps you for doing good?

thats like these baseball stat-geeks saying you are capped at hr's when factoring OPS.

Comment

HRs aren't capped when calculating OPS. Baseball stats in general are light years ahead of football right now.

Comment

All this talk about QB rating I hear on TV over the years and I am now learning today is based on a stats system that is capped and therfore scewed? What a joke!
                          SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ctt8410 View Post
                            HRs aren't capped when calculating OPS. Baseball stats in general are light years ahead of football right now.
                            no shit, thats the point i was making.

Comment

How do they come up with a 'Perfect' rating if the QB throws an incomplete pass??

You have to throw 12 straight strikes in the same bowling game to earn a 'Perfect' score

Just another bullshit stat for some computer geek, who doesnt get any pussy, to keep occupied

Just like the 'Save' in baseball is another bullshit stat. A guy comes in with a 3 run lead, no one on base and gets 3 guys out and 'Earns' a 'Save'. If the guy who pitches the 9th inning gets a 'Save', then why doesnt the guy who pitched the 8th inning with no one on and a 3 run lead get a 1/2 a 'Save'??
                              He who wears diaper knows his shit - Confucius

Comment

idk what a QB rating is but i do know that my BAC was higher than kerry Collins QB rating was yesterday
                                2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Working...
                                X