Does Anybody know what a QB Rating is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ULikeApples View Post
    But the answer to your question would be the yards per attempt.
    No shit, so that was the difference huh? The formula is seriously flawed and a joke imo. Thanks for that though!

Comment

Apples,
      you beat me to the punch. You are exactly right. Brady's numbers are capped on 3 of the 4 factors and Brees beat him on factor D (yds/attempt)

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
        No shit, so that was the difference huh? The formula is seriously flawed and a joke imo. Thanks for that though!
        I wouldn't call it a joke

I still say Brees' day was more impressive going against the G-Men

Comment

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
          It's a very complex formula, that me you or anyone else on this site can't comprehend.
          thanks mavs.....

it's all about # of attempts......this is the big factor.....

Brees had 12% less attempts, and about 3% less yardage....this is part of the diffrerence.......

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Originally posted by garth View Post
            Apples,
            you beat me to the punch. You are exactly right. Brady's numbers are capped on 3 of the 4 factors and Brees beat him on factor D (yds/attempt)

So was Brees capped on the same ones as Brady? If not, Brady should have gained on all of those right? If it is a formula that has a cap on any stat, it is seriously flawed and yesterday's stats prove it.

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
              I wouldn't call it a joke

I still say Brees' day was more impressive going against the G-Men

kb, The opponent means NOTHING to the formula so that point is moot

And to be honest, i disagree. Brady did it in a friggin' BLIZZARD, not a warm dry dome and he did it in 2 qtrs and 3 minutes.

Comment

What is a perfect rating? 158?
                "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Comment

So was Brees capped on the same ones as Brady? If not, Brady should have gained on all of those right? If it is a formula that has a cap on any stat, it is seriously flawed and yesterday's stats prove it.
                    Brees was capped on b, c, and d. Brady was capped on a, b, and c. But Brees number on a was closer to Brady's capped number than Brady's number on d was to Bree's capped number. damn, very convoluted..

Comment

kb, The opponent means NOTHING to the formula so that point is moot

And to be honest, i disagree. Brady did it in a friggin' BLIZZARD, not a warm dry dome and he did it in 2 qtrs and 3 minutes.
                      The 2.3 points really mean nothing as well. Do they get a QB rating championship? It's really all moot then

Comment

2.3 Points?

Comment

Here it is uncapped:

Brees: (2.333 + 2.666 + 2.375 + 2.325) / .06 = 161.65
                          Brady: (2.765 + 3.529 + 2.375 + 2.044) / .06 = 178.55

Basically, when you throw 34 passes, only TDs up until and thru 4 help your rating. After that it just is "wasted" b/c it gets capped.
                          O..H.........I..O!

2010 NCAA Football: 4-3-1

2010 NFL: 0-0

2009-2010 NCAA Basketball: 30-23-1

Comment

and no, no qb rating championship. I was just trying to understand a formula that they always talk about on tv.

Comment

Originally posted by ULikeApples View Post
                              Here it is uncapped:

Brees: (2.333 + 2.666 + 2.375 + 2.325) / .06 = 161.65
                              Brady: (2.765 + 3.529 + 2.375 + 2.044) / .06 = 178.55

Basically, when you throw 34 passes, only TDs up until and thru 4 help your rating. After that it just is "wasted" b/c it gets capped.

IMO, nothing should be wasted in a formula and no formula based on numbers should be capped. It kinda skews things.

Comment

2.3 Points?
                                Sorry, the 4 points

Comment

Working...
                                X