No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys' Tony Romo and Wade Phillips criticized by Emmitt Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't read the comments but simply based on the thread title i probably agree with Emmitt because i think Wade Phillips is the biggest Buffoon of all the head coaches. I think watching that team the last couple of years proved that the players ran the assylum too, not him. Just an awful Head Coach imo.

Comment

I thought the whole thing was Emmitt said something and we were going to say we agree or disagree with him not start comparing teams and QB's.

I still agree with him and Romo is not a leader because he holds no one including himself accountable to work harder to achieve a team goal.

I also agree that it starts with the coach and if he jokes around and is a tard on the sidelines than everyone is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by gizmo View Post
        I thought the whole thing was Emmitt said something and we were going to say we agree or disagree with him not start comparing teams and QB's.
        I still agree with him and Romo is not a leader because he holds no one including himself accountable to work harder to achieve a team goal.

I also agree that it starts with the coach and if he jokes around and is a tard on the sidelines than everyone is a joke.

Not sure we had ground rules on how to comment. Romo is an easy target but many teams would love to have him.

I agree with your take on the coach belng a joke.
        NBA is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by flarendep1 View Post
          I would take Romo over Eli Manning who palyed on a much better team with a much better coach.

If you think Romo would've driven the Giants down the field, and found Plaxico in the end zone in such a big game as the Super Bowl then you obviously are not talking about the same Tony Romo as I am. He's a .

This coming from a Cowboy fan.
          Last edited by bwade210; 09-09-2009, 07:35 PM.
          5* 0-0
          4* 0-0
          3* 1-0
          2* 1-0
          1* 0-1

God Bless America

To win :1* unit = $100

Comment

Hell, being a Cowboy fan, Im no fan of Eli's either but to say he's worse than Romo or you would rather have Romo is insane. Romo in the past 3 years has not gotten it done. Eli wears a ring, Romo may never and it will most likely be because of his inept abililty to play on a big stage, plain and simple.
            5* 0-0
            4* 0-0
            3* 1-0
            2* 1-0
            1* 0-1

God Bless America

Comment

Originally posted by bwade210 View Post
              Hell, being a Cowboy fan, Im no fan of Eli's either but to say he's worse than Romo or you would rather have Romo is insane. Romo in the past 3 years has not gotten it done. Eli wears a ring, Romo may never and it will most likely be because of his inept abililty to play on a big stage, plain and simple.

Trent Dilfer wears a ring too. QBs get too much credit and too much blame.
              NBA is a joke

Comment

I agree with that 100% bwade.

Eli played with a really bad throwing shoulder in his SB Year and he played through it. People talk about the great catch by Tyree in the SB but imo, they should have been talking about Eli. I still can't believe the miracles he pulled off to get free in that pocket and just get the ball down field. They had him wrapped up and from watching Romo play 50 times, i can promise you one thing, he would have crumbled like a cookie. No way he fights his way out of that sack. He crumbles and gets happy feet when teams really pressure him and what Eli did not only that night but that whole postseason was money!

Comment

Let's face it, Romo has had way more success off the field (Jessica Simpson & Carrie Underwood), than he has on it (0-2 postseason career and many chokes). He has received more fame from his GF's than he has for his play on the field!

Comment

So, Trent Dilfer has more credibility in my book than Tony Romo. Being a high percentage passer in the first few weeks of the season is nice if you play for Oakland or Cleveland but if your the staring QB of the Dallas Cowboys with that size contract, you better be able to win in November through January. In his 3 years with the talent he has, he has shown nothing to make me believe he can do much more. Dilfer performed, Romo has not.
                    5* 0-0
                    4* 0-0
                    3* 1-0
                    2* 1-0
                    1* 0-1

God Bless America

Comment

I love how Raven fans are quick to throw Dilfer under the bus. He was a leader and did what was necessary to win for THAT particular team. One of the criteria of being a winner is learning how to adapt. Dilfer did what he needed to do to win for the Ravens.

KAZ
                      [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Originally posted by KazDog View Post
                        I love how Raven fans are quick to throw Dilfer under the bus. He was a leader and did what was necessary to win for THAT particular team. One of the criteria of being a winner is learning how to adapt. Dilfer did what he needed to do to win for the Ravens.

KAZ

Didnt throw him under the bus, just pointing out that a mediocre QB can lead a team to a SB. I am a Dilfer fan and think he is great on TV (unlike Emmmit who is horrible) This game is more about the team than any one individual.

Romo may never win a SB because of many factors out of his control. ie Jerry Jones.
                        NBA is a joke

Comment

Even Jerry Jones has 3 Rings. He will blame Romo before ever blaming himself.

Comment

EXACTLY.Dilfer wears a ring because of one of the greatest defenses of all time.

Comment

flarendep1, Im just wondering if you still think Romo is one of the top NFL QB's after watching that "performance" last night.
                              That was a huge game for the Cowboys organization, and like every other big game Tony Romo has been in, he choked. He cannot play when it counts. Plain and simple.
                              5* 0-0
                              4* 0-0
                              3* 1-0
                              2* 1-0
                              1* 0-1

God Bless America

Comment

flarendep1, Im just wondering if you still think Romo is one of the top NFL QB's after watching that "performance" last night.
                                That was a huge game for the Cowboys organization, and like every other big game Tony Romo has been in, he choked. He cannot play when it counts. Plain and simple.
                                If there was ever a question of who you would rather have Romo or Eli it was answered last night...Romo has the better wrs, rbs and tight end, yet he still blew the game by throwing 3 picks all his fault...Eli made the clutch throws when he needed them and was great on that final drive...quit blaming Romo's supporting cast or his coach or Jerry Jones...Romo is the fool on the field that makes bonehead play after bonehead play that cost the cowboys games...one more thing COWBOYS SUCK...nice stadium

Comment

Working...
                                X