Are the Red Sox done this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BillMill71 View Post
    I just think that although I am a NYY fan, in a short series, outside of CC, I cannot depend on Burnett (recent Bos game proved that) or Pettitte (at this point in his career). And I think that it was proved when Detroit smacked us in the playoffs that a run of three pitchers can shut our offense down no matter how good it is. I also have concern with hughes in the playoffs (can he be as dominant as regular season) and only having one lefty (coke) out of the bullpen. Aceves arm is done as well.

Bos no matter how much they have struggled, still have one of the best active playoff pitchers (Beckett) and Lester is a stud. Bos wins two, Yanks take one, Bos wins two.

My nightmare

I really like the Wagner addition!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
      I think it had a lot to do with Bos anticipating a match up with NYY.

Wagner against Damon/Matsui/Cano, or to turn Tex and Posada to the right side, and Arod hasnt been great against lefties, smart move.

But Jeter would smack him around
      2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

Originally posted by BillMill71 View Post
        I think it had a lot to do with Bos anticipating a match up with NYY.

Wagner against Damon/Matsui/Cano, or to turn Tex and Posada to the right side, and Arod hasnt been great against lefties, smart move.

But Jeter would smack him around

No doubt bill. The last thing you want in that launching pad is guys batting left handed. That was totally to offset that imo.

Comment

I am with BillMill on this topic... The Sawx SCARE me to death in October... This Yankee team has plenty of flaws, very few of them have performed in a BIG spot, one lefty out of the pen, little team speed and forming a bridge to Mariano are all concerns about an October run...
          "MONEY WON IS TWICE AS SWEET AS MONEY EARNED!"

Comment

I can see Theo now....

'11 mos removed from TJ surgery, 38 yrs old, can pitch once every 3 days and he just tweaked my closer...yep, let's go get him!'
            Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Thank god it is football season!

Comment

Thank god it is football season!
                That was courtesy of Bill Simmons...I am not savvy enough.

Try being a Mets fan! Although I do believe the Sox win the WC...its amazing to me how everyone in this town has given up on them! WTF? I root harder than 75% of these knuckleheads right now!
                Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

NO spark the red sox arent done.
                  2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Even though they have grabbed the first three games against the White Sox, I still have a feeling that like the Pats last year, they are going to have a good record but might get beaten out by Texas for the Wildcard.

Comment

Working...
                    X