Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the Red Sox done this year?

A. they don't have any hitter that scares pitcher
    B. their pitching is not dominate (besides Beckett)
    C. Yankees look so good

they dont go to playoffs and won't get far if they ake it.

Done! Yanks win the divison. Rangers win the wild card.

Comment

I still think they get in.
      How far they go is another story. They are up one game in the wild card game over Texas.
      I believe the Sox have a tougher schedule in the next month as well. I just think with their experience some how some way they make it in. Texas has three with the Yanks in NY and then three more in Minny starting tomorrow. Red Sox have the CWS in Boston and then Toronto for three at home as well. They need to shine at home. If they falter here there may be no return as their schedule gets tougher IMO with a 7 game road stretch. The road stretch starts in TB which is still very much alive in this race as well.

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
        I don't think the Rangers can pull it out... I'd like to some playoff baseball in the area but don't think it will happen. The young pitching has been surprising but doubt it will hold up.

Comment

Originally posted by shoeman530 View Post
          I don't think the Rangers can pull it out... I'd like to some playoff baseball in the area but don't think it will happen. The young pitching has been surprising but doubt it will hold up.
          It's held up through 123 games so far. 3rd best ERA in the AL. Not sure why it would tail off now imo

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
            We actually agree on this.
            Texas has finally got the missing ingredient they need, namely pitching, and feel(alas) that after many years of frustration they make it and the Sox will "have to wait until next year."

Comment

I wouldn't count them out just yet, alot of baseball left and Boston could be a dangerous wildcard team. The yanks are cranking right now, but all Boston has to do is get in and the playoffs are a new start. Wake is back Wednesday and that will help bigtime and you can never count out bostons bats, they can ignite at anytime! imo
              Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.

Comment

Originally posted by NEJAKE View Post
                I wouldn't count them out just yet, alot of baseball left and Boston could be a dangerous wildcard team. The yanks are cranking right now, but all Boston has to do is get in and the playoffs are a new start. Wake is back Wednesday and that will help bigtime and you can never count out bostons bats, they can ignite at anytime! imo
                I agree--they have a lot more experience as well.
                If nothing else that should be able to carry them into the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by bryce View Post
                  I agree--they have a lot more experience as well.
                  If nothing else that should be able to carry them into the playoffs.
                  The Sox have only one win against Texas this season and haven't fared well against TB.
                  Even though I will be disappointed if Sox don't make the playoffs, they have only themselves to blame for not faring better than their WC opponents.
                  Actually I believe(and hope I am wrong) that Texas will win the WC going away by 3-5 games.

Comment

Too much of a season left to even think that they are done IMO.

Comment

Boston Wins the WC and most likely beats Anaheim in RD. 1

They have just dominated the Angels in the Post season. The Yanks beat Minny in the other Series and we have a Boston/NY ALCS again. This time the Yankees win and move on to play Philly in the World Series. Yankees win and A-Rod finally gets a ring.

It is not what i want to see by any means but it is my unbiased opinion on the whole thing. I think Boston beats out Texas based on experience and a tough road trip for Texas coming up. I am waaaay more worried about TB, before Texas!

Comment

If you went by what you read and hear up here, they were done after the 4 game sweep in NY. If you didn't look in the standings, you'd swear that they were 10 games out of the WC and not a game up.

Last Thursday night, Sox swept Toronto and the top two stories on NESN, the Red Sox owned TV station, was 1) the Pats snoozefest exhibition game against the Bengals and Remy returning to the broadcast booth. 10 minutes in, they got to the Sox sweep of the Blue Jays.....
                        Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                          Boston Wins the WC and most likely beats Anaheim in RD. 1

They have just dominated the Angels in the Post season. The Yanks beat Minny in the other Series and we have a Boston/NY ALCS again. This time the Yankees win and move on to play Philly in the World Series. Yankees win and A-Rod finally gets a ring.

It is not what i want to see by any means but it is my unbiased opinion on the whole thing. I think Boston beats out Texas based on experience and a tough road trip for Texas coming up. I am waaaay more worried about TB, before Texas!
                          Wow he said Boston will lose to the Yankees. Yankees just got another BC fan!

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
                            Wow he said Boston will lose to the Yankees. Yankees just got another BC fan!

Never!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                              Never!!!!!!!!
                              Let's change your avatar for one day to a Yankees one

Comment

Working...
                              X