Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What pick do you want for fantasy football?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone's different. Obviously I like to take WR's early and then try and find value in areas where other people simply try and take the best. I hold 2 of the best WR's while they hold a great RB and a second tier RB. Who's top players are more likely to get hurt??? WR injuries are rarer than RB's or QB's. While they're scrambling later in the year to try and replace their injured RB's I'm sitting pretty with my tops still intact.

Here's top 7 verbatim from ESPN's projected WR list...

Larry Fitz
    Andre Johnson
    Calvin Johnson
    Randy Moss
    Steve Smith
    Greg Jennings
    Reggie Wayne

Here's my top 7

Larry Fitz
    Randy Moss
    Greg Jennings
    Calvin Johnson
    Andre Johnson
    Steve Smith
    Reggie Wayne

Exact same players slightly different order. Simply there is NO sleepers there. Take it for what it's worth.

BTW...Pierre Thomas 2 weeks ago was an EASY 4th rounder. He's now moved to average draft 29. That means he's now going late 2nd rd or early third rd. That kind of jump means something.

BOL

PK
    No thrills, frills, spills or write-ups. Just givin ya the winners everyday.

Comment

i just think there are better guys out there than wasting a 3rd round pick on jennings or thomas...jmho...

Comment

ESPN average WR draft positions

1 Larry Fitzgerald, ARI 9 $42
        2 Andre Johnson, HOU 11 $40
        3 Calvin Johnson, DET 14 $37
        4 Randy Moss, NE 17 $35
        5 Steve Smith, CAR 19 $28
        6 Greg Jennings, GB 23 $25
        7 Reggie Wayne, IND 24 $25
        8 Roddy White, ATL 26 $23
        9 Anquan Boldin, ARI 28 $21
        10 Terrell Owens, BUF 30 $20

According to average draft positions taking Jennings at 18 wasnt a stretch.

Where do you have your WR's ranked???

PK

Comment

If either of those guys dropped in your lap on the 3rd round and you didnt take them you should simply rip up your draft and hand over the money IMO.

PK

Comment

i'd rather have roddy or anquan than jennings...but i'd rather stack my running backs in the 2nd or 3rd round rather than take a greg jennings...i'd even settle for thomas, but i think there might be better prospects available...

Comment

Originally posted by poskid View Post
              I have Brady ranked above Brees fwiw...

I take Fitzgerald or Deangelo Williams fifth depending on your personal strategies. It really depends on how your draft unfolds. If Peterson, MJD or Turner drops in your lap jump on it. Beyond that you have great position to do something different like taking a QB or a WR. The biggest thing you HAVE to be careful of is making sure you dont take a handcuff early. You need to take solid stand alone RB's if there are any left. Also...at 5 you also have a GREAT opportunity to take Pierre Thomas in the second round. Here's a likely start for most drafts...

Peterson
              MJD
              Turner
              Williams

You can easily pick up Fitz, Brees/Brady, or basically any RB should you prefer however...

If you pick up the WR or QB Thomas is 90% still on the board at pick 16. If he's somehow gone then you will easily be able to pick up a top 7 WR there and you have the solid nucleus needed and should be able to pick up a RB or 2 with lots of upside in rd 3-5. There are only 7-9 WR every year who are worth a damn (and they are typically the same guys year after year). If you can pick up 2 and then find a RB in the later rounds who outperforms his draft position you will be in great position. Mostly because the drop between top WR and second tier is HUGE. However you can hodge podge around with RB's depending on schedule and defenses. Not to mention the injury factor is horrible with them.

If you prefer to stick with the RB then I would take Williams at 5 or if he's gone Forte. Here's my top 7 RB's for you...

MJD
              Peterson
              Turner
              Williams
              Forte
              LT
              Pierre Thomas

BOL

PK
              No love for SJax? I was starting to look into him a little at #5. He has something that VERY few RBs have these days, and that is no timeshare. He gets 1st down, 2nd down, 3rd down, running downs, passing downs, goal line carries, everything. There probably aren't three other RBs that have this.

Rams suck, no doubt, but I'm reading that they have revamped their offensive line and it is much better....on paper anyway. Spags is focusing on running the ball and stopping the run, which should bode well for SJax. He is probably as much of a focal point of his teams' offense than any player in football. I guess his biggest issue is injury issues.....he has missed 4 games in 2007 and 2008.

What do you think?

Comment

Basically i've down graded Jax simply because of a host of reasons. There are plenty of backs in later rounds that are going to get the same number of carries as Stephen Jackson and have less bustability. One of the problems about going in the middle of the draft is that you cant handcuff yourself. You are taking a big risk on an every down back with possible injury issues. Also...Where's the surrounding weapons to help him? His O-line is suspect as well. Too many questions surrounding Jackson.

BOL however you go...

PK

Comment

Working...
                X