Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What pick do you want for fantasy football?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What pick do you want for fantasy football?

We find out tonight via random draft generator, but our draft is a week from today, giving us a week to trade picks. I've s/w several in my league and people are all over the place as far as where they want to draft.....some early, some middle, some late.

I've been looking over things today, and I can't decide where I want to be. What do you think is the ideal spot to draft from? Why?

If I can't pick first, I want to draft way near the back if not dead last. If you can get pick 10/11 or 12/13, you're prime for two real nice picks.
    "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
      If I can't pick first, I want to draft way near the back if not dead last. If you can get pick 10/11 or 12/13, you're prime for two real nice picks.
      Makes sense Mavs...

Comment

I want #1. If I can't get 1, I will take the last pick.
        Am I the longest tenured BC member?

Comment

Honestly I want to be 1-3 or 8-10 in a 10 team league. These positions give you the best places to get combo picks and really plan for your next pick. If you end up finding yourself staring at possibly needing to pick up a handcuff then you have a better chance of succeeding in getting it.

It really depends however on what your strategy is going to be and how you feel the other players are going to draft. Do you have a prefered draft strategy?

Here's the strategy Im using the most depending on how the draft is going to shake out. If you KNOW that your league is going to shake out 9 out of 10 RB's in the first round then getting in the 7-10 spot is probably your best bet. You will be able to look at drafting something like WR-WR-QB instead of traditional RB-RB-WR/QB and finding value near the 3-4 rd with sleeper pick RB's. Some positive RB's you can find here are...LenDale White (he's going to get more carries this year since he's in shape and he gains pts 6 at a time), Derrick Ward (he's a definate sleeper pick right around the 4th rd), Thomas Jones (he's old but he's got a hell of a line to run behind). So many people are trained to think that you HAVE to take a RB early to win in fantasy FB. Tust me this is not necessarily correct. I've done 2 of my drafts this week and here were my first 4 picks from each...

In the first draft I picked 3rd...

Maurice Jones Drew
          Greg Jennings (I picked up Jennings here because judging the way the draft was coming out the best RB's were basically gone and there were just enough top WR's to warrant trying to get 2 high WR's)
          Reggie Wayne
          Tony Homo

In the second draft I picked 7th...

Larry Fitzgerald
          Randy Moss
          Phillip Rivers
          Thomas Jones

In both drafts I was able to find 2 top 7 WR's and a Top 7 QB (using ESPN's projections which I dont like) Picking 3rd I was also able to pick up MJD who IMO is the #1 overall pick. But like I said. Everyone has their own strategy...

BOL with your draft(s)

PK
          No thrills, frills, spills or write-ups. Just givin ya the winners everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
            I agree with mavs here.

First off it matters how many people are in the league. If you are in a 14 team or better you have to be dead on with an early pick because it's going to be awhile before you pick again. If your first pick turns out to be a bust in a bigger league you can all but count yourself done for the year.

Comment

I picked 7th tonight in a 10 team league. I thought I ended up pretty good. Took Brady with my first pick and got Jones-Drew on the way back. Peterson, Turner, Williams, LT, Forte, Brees, Brady, Fitzgerald, Warner, and Andre Johnson were the top 10 picks.

IMO, it's about taking the best player available. I ended up with Jones-Drew, Slaton, Addai, Ray Rice as my RB's. Surely plenty of depth to get me through and all quality guys.

Comment

so what pick do I get, the 5th The only redeeming quality I can find with this pick is that I never have more than 10 picks between my picks, but I don't like it. I was kind of thinking the same thing you guys said, towards the beginning or towards the end, but that was out of my control. To me there is kind of a top 4, AD, MJD, Forte, and Turner. At 5 I can only hope someone goes a different route allowing one of those 4 to drop.

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
                  I picked 7th tonight in a 10 team league. I thought I ended up pretty good. Took Brady with my first pick and got Jones-Drew on the way back. Peterson, Turner, Williams, LT, Forte, Brees, Brady, Fitzgerald, Warner, and Andre Johnson were the top 10 picks.

IMO, it's about taking the best player available. I ended up with Jones-Drew, Slaton, Addai, Ray Rice as my RB's. Surely plenty of depth to get me through and all quality guys.
                  Man, I see MJD top 5 pick in every site I've been to. How in the hell did he drop to 13 in your league? Something seems odd there.

Comment

I'd have a hard time not drafting Brees with the 5th pick imo.

Comment

Only problem is that would break one of the rules I've drafted by since I started playing about 10 years ago, never draft a QB before the 3rd round. In fact I've never once deviated from the RB, RB strategy in the past, although with the NFL moving to all these timeshare RB situations, this year might be the first time I change things up.

Comment

unreal to get those 1st 2 picks...i drafted 1st in a league with lots of people from tennessee the other night, so i got AP 1st and then brady fell to 20th (peyton fans resent tom brady)...lucky shit...peyton manning was like the 4th pick...

Comment

Originally posted by harold_bush View Post
                          so what pick do I get, the 5th The only redeeming quality I can find with this pick is that I never have more than 10 picks between my picks, but I don't like it. I was kind of thinking the same thing you guys said, towards the beginning or towards the end, but that was out of my control. To me there is kind of a top 4, AD, MJD, Forte, and Turner. At 5 I can only hope someone goes a different route allowing one of those 4 to drop.
                          5th pick is just fine...no real advantage or disadvantage...i would advise deangelo williams in the 1st round, who should have a huge season...then you can get another pretty good running back 2nd round, a great wide receiver 3rd round, and build your depth from there...good luck to you...

Comment

I have Brady ranked above Brees fwiw...

I take Fitzgerald or Deangelo Williams fifth depending on your personal strategies. It really depends on how your draft unfolds. If Peterson, MJD or Turner drops in your lap jump on it. Beyond that you have great position to do something different like taking a QB or a WR. The biggest thing you HAVE to be careful of is making sure you dont take a handcuff early. You need to take solid stand alone RB's if there are any left. Also...at 5 you also have a GREAT opportunity to take Pierre Thomas in the second round. Here's a likely start for most drafts...

Peterson
                            MJD
                            Turner
                            Williams

You can easily pick up Fitz, Brees/Brady, or basically any RB should you prefer however...

If you pick up the WR or QB Thomas is 90% still on the board at pick 16. If he's somehow gone then you will easily be able to pick up a top 7 WR there and you have the solid nucleus needed and should be able to pick up a RB or 2 with lots of upside in rd 3-5. There are only 7-9 WR every year who are worth a damn (and they are typically the same guys year after year). If you can pick up 2 and then find a RB in the later rounds who outperforms his draft position you will be in great position. Mostly because the drop between top WR and second tier is HUGE. However you can hodge podge around with RB's depending on schedule and defenses. Not to mention the injury factor is horrible with them.

If you prefer to stick with the RB then I would take Williams at 5 or if he's gone Forte. Here's my top 7 RB's for you...

MJD
                            Peterson
                            Turner
                            Williams
                            Forte
                            LT
                            Pierre Thomas

BOL

PK
                            No thrills, frills, spills or write-ups. Just givin ya the winners everyday.

Comment

pk, imo you have jennings and pierre thomas WAY overrated...but what the hell do i know?

Comment

Working...
                              X