Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
    Go Brett!!
    I'm pretty excited about him coming back too KB.
    "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Look who started this thread.

We all know KB is psyched up to have Favre back and playing again, the fact he is playing along side his hero (AD) kind of makes him want to

Tell us how you really feel about this KB.

Comment

Excerpt from Gary Myer's NY Daily News column.

Jets owner Woody Johnson and GM Mike Tannenbaum, both of whom were fond of Favre, had said after the season they wanted him back, but it was clear that once Ryan was hired, the Jets were no longer interested in seeing if Favre's second act could be better than the first.

Here's the biggest clue: Ryan was hired on Jan. 19. Favre didn't quit until three weeks and two days later. Not once did Ryan pick up the phone to encourage Favre to return, to suggest a summit meeting in Hattieseburg, or just to say hello, what's new on the ranch? If Ryan wanted Favre, he would have lobbied for him to come back.

Favre used the Jets as a one-year layover to get to Minnesota. He has alienated some people around the league. "I think it's self-serving," one GM said. "He really cut to the core of the Packers fans by signing in the NFC North. His legacy there is all for naught. It didn't bother me when he went to the Jets. To go to Minnesota, he just thumbed his nose at Packers fans. They put him on a pedestal. His legacy in Green Bay will never be the same."

Vikings coach Brad Childress is in the fourth year of a five-year deal. After the season, he either will be fired or given an extension. He would rather take his chances on Favre saving his job than Tarvaris Jackson or Sage Rosenfels. Ask Mangini how that worked out for him last year. "I think it's a desperate act from a coach who has to win or he's gone," one general manager said.

Favre is nearly 40, coming off biceps surgery, has a rotator cuff tear, ran out of gas down the stretch last year, but found a team willing to pay him $12 million, let him miss the entire offseason and skip training camp and then hand him the starting job. As long as there is a team willing to do this, Favre will never retire.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03 View Post

Favre used the Jets as a one-year layover to get to Minnesota.
          His legacy there is all for naught.

Two statements that couldn't be further from the truth.

Favre is nearly 40, coming off biceps surgery, has a rotator cuff tear, ran out of gas down the stretch last year, but found a team willing to pay him $12 million, let him miss the entire offseason and skip training camp and then hand him the starting job. As long as there is a team willing to do this, Favre will never retire.

Not just Favre, but any NFL player for that matter.
          If this guy thinks Favre's legacy as a Packer "is all for naught."

He's nuts.

One of, if not the greatest QB of this era, and he will without a doubt be remembered for Packer green and gold, nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post

One of, if not the greatest QB of this era, and he will without a doubt be remembered for Packer green and gold, nothing else.
            IMO he's one of the most overrated QBs of this era. Don't get me wrong. Favre was great .............. through 1998. Since 1998 he's been an above average QB. Post 1998 he has a terrible playoff record.

Advanced NFL Stats: Brett Favre Is Overrated

Overhyped: Favre didn't deliver in second half of career - NFL - ESPN

Brett Favre: Mr. Overrated | Bleacher Report

Favre came up huge in national televised games. Especially games announced by John Madden. Such as the MNF game days after Favre's dad passed away.

Comment

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
              If this guy thinks Favre's legacy as a Packer "is all for naught."

He's nuts.

Every bit he said is true mavs. Every single word. Every packer fan I know that loved and adored the guy, have in turn called him every name in the book since he signed with Minny.

Comment

Every bit he said is true mavs. Every single word. Every packer fan I know that loved and adored the guy, have in turn called him every name in the book since he signed with Minny.
                3 people isn't all Packer fans

Comment

I'm a Pakcer fan and I believe what he said to be false. I still like Favre even if he turned his back on the Pack. And IMO he had every right to what he did.

Comment

YouTube - Hitler Upset Vikings Sign Brett Favre

9-4 = +5.85

Comment

Working...
                    X