Red Sox acquire Bucs' Adam LaRoche

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Three Jack View Post
    Lester was a key component of the '07 team that won. I'd take the Sox top 2 and give the Yanks 3 & 4...only need 4 in the playoffs. Thats why I think they are even.
    He won GM. 4 of the WS on the road!

Comment

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
      CC over Beckett for me. But this is all just opinion anyway.

I think that is a little crazy. Their postseason resime's couldn't be more different. One generally is money (Beckett) and the other shit's his pants (CC)!

Comment

Not sure if this was posted anywhere but Gammons reports that the Sox turned down Bucholz for Martinez...I think that will haunt the Sox. Very bad move imo.
        Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
          I think that is a little crazy. Their postseason resime's couldn't be more different. One generally is money (Beckett) and the other shit's his pants (CC)!
          That's true. But if CC can pitch like he did down the stretch last year. He's lethal in the postseason. I think he finally ran out of gas last year in the end and it showed.

In the post-season it's really valuable to have a guy who can go ditch the pitch count, go deep into games, and be effective on short rest. Which is what he proved he can do.

But by looking at p-s numbers, your right, Beck is infinitely more valuable. And with the Sox, he doesn't need to go deep, they have a good pen. CC has to go at least seven every game, because the Yanks have no pen.
          "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

I hope Theo gets a 'do over' on this Bucholz for Martinez trade....I think this will come back to haunt them if it doesn't happen unless he has other options. I am far from convinced the TB is going to be anything special and I am not sure Boston is the right place for hm.
            Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Working...
            X