Red Sox acquire Bucs' Adam LaRoche

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Sox acquire Bucs' Adam LaRoche

According to Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Post Gazette, the Red Sox have acquired Pirates first baseman Adam LaRoche.
    We're waiting to get word on who (or what) the Red Sox gave up.

I'm sure they gave up practically nothing. Pirates want to play Garret Jones at 1B and bring up Lastings Milledge to play the outfield.

Comment

The Pirates have traded first baseman Adam LaRoche to the Boston Red Sox.

The Pirates will receive two prospects, shortstop Argenis Diaz and pitcher Hunter Strickland, from Boston.

Read more: Pirates trade Adam LaRoche to Red Sox

Comment

You would think the Sox could develop a little better AAA team than the Pirates, wouldn't you??

LOL, Pirates are just pathetic.

There are rumors that Jack Wilson was part of this trade as well, but haven't seen anything further.

Look for Capps, Snell, Sanchez and prob Maholm to go in the near future as well. The Fifth Five year plan has been initiated. They may hit that vaunted .500 number in the next 10 years or so!!!

Comment

I'm hoping my Giants get Maholm and Sanchez in a trade

Comment

What a useless trade. Why???

Everybody up here is still trying to figure that out .........

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
              What a useless trade. Why???

Everybody up here is still trying to figure that out .........
              LaRoche has been known to heat up in the 2nd half. Low risk, potential good return move by Theo? Is Lowell still injured?

From the Buccos point of view, at least they got something for him before he skipped town after the season.

Comment

Originally posted by dogwillhunt View Post
                LaRoche has been known to heat up in the 2nd half. Low risk, potential good return move by Theo? Is Lowell still injured?

From the Buccos point of view, at least they got something for him before he skipped town after the season.
                Where and when does he play and who does he replace on the roster? Useless ........

Comment

Where and when does he play and who does he replace on the roster? Useless ........

I doubt he was brought in to start right away, but could be a decent depth move if someone(Youk, Lowell) gets hurt down the stretch. Dude has a decent bat. I don't see where it hurts the Red Sox.

Comment

Originally posted by dogwillhunt View Post
                    I doubt he was brought in to start right away, but could be a decent depth move if someone(Youk, Lowell) gets hurt down the stretch. Dude has a decent bat. I don't see where it hurts the Red Sox.
                    You still havn't told me who is off the roster because that makes a big difference on whether or not it was a good trade. How many 1B do they need and isn't the guy hitting like .240?

Comment

You still havn't told me who is off the roster because that makes a big difference on whether or not it was a good trade. How many 1B do they need and isn't the guy hitting like .240?
                      I'm not saying it is definitively a good trade and I couldn't tell you who he's going to replace. I don't follow the Sox that closely. Maybe more moves are in the works?

I know its a good deal for the Pirates though. Yeah .240 sounds about right. But like I said, he's been known to crank it up 2nd half. Lifetime BA is closer to .275

Comment

LaRoche will be terrible. Teams like the Yankees and RedSox should be trading for big players or not bothering. He'll be a pinch hitter at best

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner View Post
                          LaRoche will be terrible. Teams like the Yankees and RedSox should be trading for big players or not bothering. He'll be a pinch hitter at best
                          Exactly, he will be a bench guy and no bench guy heats up because they don't play enough. Unless someone is going on the DL or this is connected to another trade, it is absolutely fucken STUPID!!!

Comment

Exactly, he will be a bench guy and no bench guy heats up because they don't play enough. Unless someone is going on the DL or this is connected to another trade, it is absolutely fucken STUPID!!!
                            IMO, the teams with no money should have really strong minor league teams, because they need cheap talent and every few years they can make a run at it, but teams like the Yankees and RedSox should be trading away their minor leagues for superstars like Johan and Roy H. I've said it all along, and I'll say it again. If the RedSox would've traded Ellisbury and whoever for Johan, they would've won the whole thing last year, and they might have won it this year and next. They have tons of money they can sign anybody they want. What do the Yankees and RedSox need right now? They'll tell you they maybe a reliever or a back utility infielder, but that's because they're stupid. They need another ace starting pitcher, that's what wins.
                            Last edited by BigWeiner; 07-22-2009, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner View Post
                              IMO, the teams with no money should have really strong minor league teams, because they need cheap talent and every few years they can make a run at it, but teams like the Yankees and RedSox should be trading away their minor leagues for superstars like Johan and Roy H. I've said it all along, and I'll say it again. If the RedSox would've traded Ellisbury and whoever for Johan, they would've won the whole thing last year, and they might have won it this year and next. They have tons of money they sign anybody they want. What do the Yankees and RedSox need right now? They'll tell you they maybe a reliever or a back utility infielder, but that's because they're stupid. They need another ace starting pitcher, that's what wins.
                              Unfortunately that isn't true bw. The Yankees are the only team who signs anybody they want. Boston wanted A-rod and didn't get him and they wanted Tex too and didn't get him. Boston is not even the 2nd team in baseball in payroll. They win because they have a top 7 farm system and they use their own to build. They also turn guys like Youk, Lester & Pedroia into GREAT contracts. All 3 wanted to stay here and they signed for very good money and cheap in this day and age.

Comment

Working...
                              X