Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am i the only one who believes Rafael Palmeiro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
    Seeing him on ESPN last night and this morning, i really believe he did not knowingly take steroids. I really think he took something given to him, was told it would help him feel better or energized as he was getting older and assumed it was fine. Maybe a stupid idea to assume but hey, it happens.

I don't know but something about the guy makes me believe him. Just weird.
    I have a hard time believing someone is that naive thinking taking b-12 would make him instantly feel better.

Comment

Palmeiro is trying to dance around this issue. He said he won't be on the 2003 list, but Clemens isn't on the list either. So I guess that means Clemens never did anything? Just because someone didn't test positive in 2003 doesn't mean that they never took roids in their careers. Go look at Palmeiro's #'s and when he really started putting up big numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by hokie99 View Post
        I believe him. I was really disappointed and frankly shocked when he tested positive in 05. I grew up an O's fan and he was always one of my favorite players. Always just struck me as a hard working, soft spoken, consistent hitter. He isn't a huge guy and it's not like he hit 60 HRs a year and hit tape measure bombs. I think he got unfairly lumped into a group of guys because of guilt by association. He was the only one of those guys on Capitol Hill that adamently said he never knowingly took perforomance enhancers. That struck me as being key when guys like McGwire couldn't talk about the past and Sosa suddenly couldn't speak English, Palmeiro at least gave a firm answer and seemed convincing to me. Last night just reaffirmed that. I think it would be a shame if he never gets a chance at the Hall.
        Two people can watch the same thing at have 2 different conclusions. For me it's one thing adamant about something. It's another to wave your finger. It was a disrespectful gesture in that environment.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03 View Post
          I have a hard time believing someone is that naive thinking taking b-12 would make him instantly feel better.
          Who knows, professionals in hospitals give wrong medications 100's of times each day and i don't think it is far fetched to think an athlete could have taken something recommended from a friend/teammate thinking/assuming it wasn't a steroid. It has probably happened before, i'm pretty sure of that.

He could be guilty as sin, i don't know. He seemed very convincing to me and like tech fan said, you never felt that with any of the others.
          Last edited by wayne1218; 07-04-2009, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Who knows, professionals in hospitals give wrong medications 100's of times each day and i don't think it is far fetched to think an athlete could have taken something recommended from a friend/teammate thinking/assuming it wasn't a steroid. It has probably happened before, i'm pretty sure of that.

He could be guilty as sin, i don't know. He seemed very convincing to me and like tech fan said, you never felt that with any of the others.
            What did he have to say at the Congress hearing? One thing that bothers me with him he saying that he won't be on the 2003 list. Well, that doesn't mean jack shit IMO. That's the first testing they did for steroids. Look at his numbers at the time Sosa, McGwire etc were all smashing tons of HR's and RBI's.

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
              What did he have to say at the Congress hearing? One thing that bothers me with him he saying that he won't be on the 2003 list. Well, that doesn't mean jack shit IMO. That's the first testing they did for steroids. Look at his numbers at the time Sosa, McGwire etc were all smashing tons of HR's and RBI's.
              Monte, He probably mentions the list because as of right now, it is the only "True List" that exists. I don't see why that is a big deal.

Comment

I don't believe him for a second. Manny's ordeal is a fucking joke too. Baseball is a fucking joke for that matter. It is what it is though.

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
                  I don't believe him for a second. Manny's ordeal is a fucking joke too. Baseball is a fucking joke for that matter. It is what it is though.
                  Agree 100000%

Manny is sickening, and right now so is baseball.
                  "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Jose Canseco: Hey Raf, take these it will make you feel better.

Raf: Yea Jose, I've never heard your name mentioned at all with the Bash Brothers in Oakland, or never heard any talk of you and Juan Gonzalez, Pudge, here in Texas. Forgot you were a licensed pharmacist. I'll take anything you give me.

Comment

If Canseco said he did it and knew what he was doing. I believe it, Canseco has yet to be wrong in this whole muckraking process.
                      "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Monte, He probably mentions the list because as of right now, it is the only "True List" that exists. I don't see why that is a big deal.
                        Well Clemens is not on that 2003 list. So by that Clemens lawsuit against McNamee should not have been thrown out.

Comment

I THINK EVERYONE IS MISSING WAYNES POINT HERE.THE POINT IS ITS PROBABLE THAT HE COULD HAVE TAKEN IT AND NOT KNOWN.WE ARE HERE IN THE UNITED STATES INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.YES HIS POSITIVE TEST MAKES HIM GUILTY BUT DID HE KNOWINGLY DO IT NOT SURE.I HAD a FRIEND OF MINE THAT HAD A BAD BACKACHE AT WORK ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO.I HAD A ************ FOR PERCOCET 10'S.I TOLD HIM WHAT IT WAS AND HE TOOK IT.MADE HIS BACK FEEL 100% BETTER BUT NEXT MORNING WE ALL GOT DRUG TESTED AND HE LOST HIS JOB FOR NOT HAVING A PRESICRIP TION.YES I KNOW I BROKE THE LAW NO NEED TO GET INTO THAT BUT I DO NOT THINK THAT MAKES MY BUDDY AN ADDICT.JUST TOOK SOMETHING ILLEGAL FOR HIM
                          MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
                          HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                          0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

I believe Raffy.

Dude was a proffesional hitter and always hit before the steroid era

Comment

Originally posted by GOLDENGREEK View Post
                              I believe Raffy.

Dude was a proffesional hitter and always hit before the steroid era
                              Not for the power numbers he put up late in his career.

Comment

These guys tell the lie for so long I think they start to believe it. I have a few questions. Did he only take one B-12? He takes one B-12 and gets caught? He's the unluckiest guy.

In yesterday's interview he claims he hd nothing to gain. That's total BS. He has everything to gain using PED late in his career. It will prolong his career earning him an addition 10s of millions of dollars.

Comment

Working...
                                X